• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Guys, I'm a little bit interested in the older singleplayer Unreal games (along with OG DOOM and Quake). Is there any reason to play them in this day and age? If so, should I wait on a pack daily deal like I am with id or just get them now? Unreal Gold and Unreal II are $2.50 and $3.74 respectively.

Big-E

Is anyone else noticing way better download speeds during the sale then before? On my shitty Chinese internet I was getting 80 kb/s down if I was lucky. Now I am downloading multiple games at a time now and I am getting around 200 kb/s now.

Sysgen

Guys, I'm a little bit interested in the older singleplayer Unreal games (along with OG DOOM and Quake). Is there any reason to play them in this day and age? If so, should I wait on a pack daily deal like I am with id or just get them now? Unreal Gold and Unreal II are $2.50 and $3.74 respectively.

Get Unreal Gold. Then get the DX10 renderer, the texture packs and the enb mod and experience the magic that I had years ago :)

BTW: Gamersgate has Unreal Gold, Unreal 2 and the 1st 2 Unreal Tournament games for $5.

Gamejunky

I have 50% off valve, 50% off Hydrophobia prophecy, 50% off portal 2, and 33% off valve does anyone want any of these for a cheap steam game? not looking for much would prefer Binding of Issac.

Sysgen

At this price?

And Unreal II?

Like I said you can just buy Unreal Gold for $2.50 from either site or get the Gamersgate deal on the Anthology for $5 or get the Unreal Steam pack for $10 which also gets you UT Black.

Unreal 2 wasn't as good but there's like 4 games there for $5 :)

Teknoman

Unreal 1's soundtrack is still amazing today. Exudes atmosphere. Had no idea there was a texture pack?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
50% off Audiosurf
50% off Hacker Evolution
50% off Assassin's Creed II
33% off Konami
25% off GSC Games
50% off Nail'd

Yep, about what I expected.

;_;

I'm so sorry ;_;.

atomsk

Party Pooper
finally did the Rise of Immortals shit, got it in one 5v5 match.

it's best to just try and play normally and not try and get assists, they'll happen.

UNINSTALLED

Sysgen

Unreal 1's soundtrack is still amazing today. Exudes atmosphere. Had no idea there was a texture pack?

Yea I had no idea there was an enb mod either. Bought the Gamersgate Anthology. Want to reminisce a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXrY31D2jhA

DX9 render for unreal
----- http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/

DX10 render for unreal engine 1
------ http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/index.htm

enb series for deus ex, works fine in unreal
------ http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm

unreal's S3TC textures
----- http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Unreal.htm

Wortany

finally did the Rise of Immortals shit, got it in one 5v5 match.

it's best to just try and play normally and not try and get assists, they'll happen.

UNINSTALLED

That's what I've been trying to do but all of the games I play crash halfway through on the server-side.

I just don't even get the chance to play normal.

Stubo

Crafted 7 of my coal...

Got -50% Delta Force - Platinum Pack coupon

EQBTH.gif

All I wanted was Portal 2, or anything good enough to trade for it. Damn you Gabe!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know what would make the coupons awesome? In the 25th, GabeSanta adds the magical, one-time-only, untradable "turn one of your coupons into a game" item in your inventory.

Turfster

E.Y.E is one of the most confusing games I've played in a long time, and I've played hardcore war sims. The text that's obviously translated from French doesn't help.

Also, got another -50% Oddboxx out of it. *sigh* Stop giving me coupons for shit I already have, Valve, you've had your joke.

mannerbot

I am not sure if I got my 'gift' for my achievement today. Do you still get coal if you get a video game gift?

Yes. If you open a gift you have the chance of getting either a game, a coupon, or a lump of coal. If you craft a gift then you have the chance of getting a game or a coupon.

Anybody else had a problem where Steam forgets the categories you've set in the library? I had my games all nicely sorted out, and it seems to have nuked all that. Kind of dumb.

LuffyZoro

Anybody else had a problem where Steam forgets the categories you've set in the library? I had my games all nicely sorted out, and it seems to have nuked all that. Kind of dumb.

I've had that happen before, and I'm seen some other people say they have too. I have no idea why though.

klez

I've had that happen before, and I'm seen some other people say they have too. I have no idea why though.

You probably can't save it unless you have steam installed on another computer, but this happens to me when I have check the "don't save account credentials on this computer" under setting account. Once I uncheck it my categories is saved again.

Oreoleo

Quake is still fantastic.

Dambrosi

Banned
At the end of the day: 10 coals, three coupons; four coals just today. Muy depressed.

I suppose I should just craft seven of them right now, for "science", like a good little test subject, but i know I'll only get a coupon. Anyone want to appeal to my innate pessimism and dissuade me?

At the end of the day: 10 coals, three coupons; four coals just today. Muy depressed.

I suppose I should just craft seven of them right now, for "science", like a good little test subject, but i know I'll only get a coupon. Anyone want to appeal to my innate pessimism and dissuade me?

If you craft it, you'll get a coupon. Trade them for a game.

Oreoleo

You are not going to win the raffle. Might as well try to get a crap game out of them at least.

I have 7 pieces of coal, staring at me with their dead eyes.

if you don't mind doing a little work, people on various trading forums are trading medium prices games for coal. Last I knew each piece of coal was worth around a dollar (or one refined in TF2). I've seen <10$ games being traded for 7 coal, or even better games for even more coal.

Just saw 10 coal be traded for CoD4: Modern Warfare earlier today for example.

Aselith

Anyone willing to do a coal trade with me for achievement? Or I will trade something for the Stronghold 3 50% off coupon. Steam name is aselith.

Got it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom