• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we could all be so lucky.

Reactor, Reactor, Reactor, Furnace, Reactor.

=/

Dude it took me at least 35 attempts over 2 1/2 days. I was about to lose my shit trying to get it. Ran out of crowns and had to go around bumming crowns off of people. Was down to the last 230 crowns I could get from somebody and had to win 5 matches in a row just to be able to have the crowns to keep going. Finally got it in the 6th match.

Card Boy

Banned
The core gameplay of E.Y.E strikes me as excellent swords and guns are fun to use, and it has some Crysis/Deus Ex type powers, but it has lots of UI confusion and presentation issues. Graphics are good and there a good bits of scenery and locations, but the presentation drags it all down.

Still for $2.50 I'd say go for it, there is a rough gem under there.

s7evn

Started playing Rage: pretty fun game and it's nice that it runs on my old junker, but it feels like a missed opportunity that they didn't include an experience and leveling system. Definitely a good pick up at $15 though.

Vamphuntr

I'm trying to send someone a gift through email and the gift isn't disappearing from my inventory. I get the your gift was sent message but the gift stays in my inventory. Is this normal?

BY2K

Membero Americo
So, I open Cave Story+ (It's the 24th here) and...

IPLfZ.png

Wow.

I knew the main character would change, but not the WHOLE GAME!

Vamphuntr

Should be this seems to be happening to everyone

guess steam needs an update

Thank you

Poor guy will receive multiple emails for the same gift then ;P

Disappointed a lot in steam's stability and infrastructure during this sale. My inventory is borked half the time, the trade screen gives me 503 errors, achievements unlock gifts late and the store is randomly up for me :(

Randomizer

So, I open Cave Story+ (It's the 24th here) and...

IPLfZ.png

Wow.

I knew the main character would change, but not the WHOLE GAME!

Yeah seems like they remade every tile set and Sprite in the entire game. Amazing amount of effort probably the biggest I've seen for these sorts of things.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ok Risen refuses to activate WTF?! It's been hanging on "trying to communicate with server..please wait" forever. Fuck tages!

Why I decided at the last moment not to get it on Amazon. I just didn't want to deal with TAGES even though Amazon has the best CS around.

Good news is Risen 2 is Steamworks.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why I decided at the last moment not to get it on Amazon. I just didn't want to deal with TAGES even though Amazon has the best CS around.

Good news is Risen 2 is Steamworks.

Yeah same reason I backed off but now I figured I'd try it since I got it for free from crafting coal but nooo they wont even let me play it!

Maybe update Tages?
I did I dled the newest tages drivers afaik from their site and nothin.

If someone has a MW4 coupon and already own the game, could it be possible that I can have it for X'mas present (I know that it can be used until January 2th), thank you.

My Steam ID: Leon Belmont

There's a good thread here for trading coals/games. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456133

I know about the thread, I didnt realize i was in this thread till you mentioned it though, thanks. /moved

How....? or maybe a better question would be why.....? Are people seriously trading games of actual worth for coal?
I had a couple TF2 idlers sitting around so i took an hour of my day and (trade/inventory/group join) on all of em.

Blizzard

Banned
I did my part for my country by doing the trading achievement (coal for coal) and getting a -25% Meridian4 coupon in exchange. >_>

Jasoco

Banned
That reminds me. I really want the L4D series. I just hope it runs well on my Air. (Hell, if Duke Nukem Forever can run, I'm sure those can, right?)

Decado

Is Rage better on the PC (assuming a pretty average system from a little while ago) than 360 (without HDD)?

Also, is Cave Story worth playing? Looks kind of neat, but I have a pretty big backlog and don't have time for games that are merely average or above average.

Vamphuntr

Welcome to the 99%

They should really put up an option on the last day that let you craft a game from your coupons. Make the required amount high enough so that they don't bleed money but at least let people get rid off them.

Only hardcore users are actively trying to get the achievements and these users know that all of the titles are currently cheaper in the sale than what the coupons will offer past january 2nd. I really don't think these will have a trade value as people that didn't take part in the contest aren't likely to even trade for them at all and the market will be flooded with coupons.

Started playing Rage: pretty fun game and it's nice that it runs on my old junker, but it feels like a missed opportunity that they didn't include an experience and leveling system. Definitely a good pick up at $15 though.

I disagree, I very much enjoy the fact it opts out of the RPG metagames that seem to permeate every open-world title.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Anyone have expereince with tages? Installed Risen and I can't get past this screen at all and I'm not getting any errors about the server not being up or anything.

YOo3W.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom