• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Used my first 7 coal and received a copy of Trine 2. Does the game you get depend on what you have on the wishlist?

It just seems like too much of a coincidence that I got the one game I actually wanted. Maybe it's just me having some serious luck.

It's luck. I scored sonic generations and that just happened to be on my list. Fallout Collection was my next game prize and that wasn't.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Seriously steam?
cCLBt.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I think if they got rid of the coupons all together people would like the sale more. Even if the chance to win a game was still the same. The coupons are just so pointless it's really annoying when you get one.
The only use for Coupons is if (and that's a big IF) the game you got a coupon for goes up for sale again as a daily deal at the same discounted price between January 2nd and March 1st.

That way we can apply the coupon on top of the daily dfeal discount and MAYBE get a good deal, if you happened to come across a coupon for a game you wanted in the first place.

I think the chances of the planets aligning in that same time frame are better than of all of the above to happen.

kennah

I managed to craft a 33% off of Space Marine, so keeping my fingers crossed that it goes on a deal sometime between Jan and March :)

$25 is still too much for my 1.5 child family, but 15-18 I could get away with.

Articalys

The only use for Coupons is if (and that's a big IF) the game you got a coupon for goes up for sale again as a daily deal at the same discounted price between January 2nd and March 1st.

That way we can apply the coupon on top of the daily dfeal discount and MAYBE get a good deal, if you happened to come across a coupon for a game you wanted in the first place.

I think the chances of the planets aligning in that same time frame are better than of all of the above to happen.
Pretty much. I can sort of understand their social intentions with the coupons in the first place, but it was all so horribly executed. Does the coupon hate extend far into other online communities?

plc268

Just started playing Skydrift that I bought a few days ago... and holy shit this game is good. It's a mix of Mario kart style gameplay with hydro thunder style tracks and flying.

Nothing for me today in either games or achievements. I'm kinda interested in Prototype, but I'd rather just pay $5ish bucks for it. I would have gotten Skyrim, but I'll probably be getting it tomorrow.

Joe Molotov

Pretty much. I can sort of understand their social intentions with the coupons in the first place, but it was all so horribly executed. Does the coupon hate extend far into other online communities?

Is it even possible to like the coupons? They're pointless. You can't stack them with the current discounts, most of the coupons are for equal or less than the current discount, and you can't even hold on to them and wait for a future price drop or sale because they're only good for two months. I guess maybe if you're broke now you could hoard up coupons and then use them when you have money later.

Okay so Ive gone like 30 attempts without seeing the snow level I need in Spiral Knights. At this point Im still trying simply because of the time Ive invested. I must have the worst luck in the world. Shame I dont need Furnace because Ive landed in that one 90% of the time.

coopolon

Okay so Ive gone like 30 attempts without seeing the snow level I need in Spiral Knights. At this point Im still trying simply because of the time Ive invested. I must have the worst luck in the world. Shame I dont need Furnace because Ive landed in that one 90% of the time.

There must be something wrong.

Didnt you post the same thing last night? I had the same problem even though I was i us servers. Just play through the match and continue on and it should pop up. Eventually.

How many crowns do you have left?

Finally got it. Coal lol.

Edit: The issue was that I would continuously land in the same map. I finally got frostbite a couple minutes ago and got the achievement.

Its a moral victory.

Sure?

It's actually a fairly decent game. And for just $5, it should be the dealbreaker.

With all the mud slinging I wasn't sure if it was bad, a disappointment, or just rough around the edges.

It's the time commitment that I'm concerned about. The first DA took me about 70 hours and I felt that dragged. It's supposed to be the good one too.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
With all the mud slinging I wasn't sure if it was bad, a disappointment, or just rough around the edges.

It's the time commitment that I'm concerned about. The first DA took me about 70 hours and I felt that dragged. It's supposed to be the good one too.

Opinion of course but I think DA2 is a genuinely bad game. This is speaking objectively. Relative to the standards and expectations based on Bioware, and absolutely loving the first, it's an absolutely horrible mess. But objectively the game is still really bad.

Dambrosi

Banned

I got it in two tries at Lockdown, on an EU server. So glad I never had to grind through that awful POS any longer.

I mean, why couldn't Rusty Hearts have a f2p cheev? At least RH is decent! :p

Volcynika

Had 15 coal, decided to craft.

First result

330x192

Ouch.

Second result:

330x192

Not bad I guess, but I already have it. Maybe I should trades it or something.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
http://cdn.steamcommunity.com/economy/image/LbghpQohgsvyexancdSDkpX06xROUYyFJ7-Cr88k3j31sRFUVj3SklXjBBlMtNkKha_-FAQNjNRx4p7slCnaMeG7FB9OKNGDQrFYBQuuhljJsaxU/330x192[img]

Not bad I guess, but I already have it. Maybe I should trades it or something.[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in this. Anything you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom