• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is Company Of Heroes any good?

To tell you the truth, don't.

CoH was one of the most amazing RTS i played in the recent past. The cover system of the game is amazing.

However, after the second expansion, everything went to shit. Panzer Elite and the Brittish are so overpowered that, if you're playing a 2x2 and your opponent has either of the new armies and your teammate/you don't, that game is over.

Also, everybody likes to play on retarded maps that have rivers in them, so they bunker down and kill you with artillary. It's ok, but if you don't spec that way, you can't do shit.

Company of Heroes Online, a free-to-play reboot of the series with progression and loot, was a much much better balanced game. However, after the project leader died in a car accident, the beta was shut down a couple months later without any explanation.

It's a real shame that Relic "abandoned" de game. I can't play it anymore. If you want it for single player then yes, game is pretty awesome. I'd recommend the first one. Online is messed up beyond repair, as I see it.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
To tell you the truth, don't.

CoH was one of the most amazing RTS i played in the recent past. The cover system of the game is amazing.

However, after the second expansion, everything went to shit. Panzer Elite and the Brittish are so overpowered that, if you're playing a 2x2 and your opponent has either of the new armies and your teammate/you don't, that game is over.

Also, everybody likes to play on retarded maps that have rivers in them, so they bunker down and kill you with artillary. It's ok, but if you don't spec that way, you can't do shit.

Company of Heroes Online, a free-to-play reboot of the series with progression and loot, was a much much better balanced game. However, after the project leader died in a car accident, the beta was shut down a couple months later without any explanation.

It's a real shame that Relic "abandoned" de game. I can't play it anymore. If you want it for single player then yes, game is pretty awesome. I'd recommend the first one. Online is messed up beyond repair, as I see it.

Thank you for the input. I will get the first one for the sp then plus it is only a 1.99.

gdt

Okay, can someone help me get Rage to start? It's fucking crazy, boots up, but a second later (before I can see a single thing) "Rage has stopped working, Windows is looking for solutions".

And for some reason, when I try to update drivers for my AMD 6700m, it says it's up to date, when I know it's not (even the date on there is 4/2011), and when I try to go through the AMD website, it says my hardware isn't compatible or something :/.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thank you for the input. I will get the first one for the sp then plus it is only a 1.99.

The second expansion (the ones with the new armies) add extra single player missions as well. They're also good, but not as good as the first one. If your interest is single player, that's also a good buy, if it's cheap enough (I didn't load the page because I already have all of them)

The third expansion only adds online modes. No single player portion in that, if I remember properly.

Aselith

Okay, can someone help me get Rage to start? It's fucking crazy, boots up, but a second later (before I can see a single thing) "Rage has stopped working, Windows is looking for solutions".

And for some reason, when I try to update drivers for my AMD 6700m, it says it's up to date, when I know it's not (even the date on there is 4/2011), and when I try to go through the AMD website, it says my hardware isn't compatible or something :/.

Did you try verifying integrity of cache on RAGE?

gdt

Did you try verifying integrity of cache on RAGE?

I tried doing that the other night, because I thought it kind of downloaded too quick. Did it twice, came out ok. I'm doing it again right now, if it's still ok I'll just delete and redownload. Fuuuuuck 22 gigs. That's an overnighter.

I tried doing that the other night, because I thought it kind of downloaded too quick. Did it twice, came out ok. I'm doing it again right now, if it's still ok I'll just delete and redownload. Fuuuuuck 22 gigs. That's an overnighter.

22 gigs? Ha, I can download 22 gigs in my sleep...

/truly terrible joke

Nabs

I wouldn't delete it just yet. Check Guru3Ds ATI forum, there may be mobile or modified drivers for what you're looking for. I don't know much about mobile cards though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just finished the Crimcraft achievemnt, another fucking coupon for GTA.

God damnit...

MW6Ll.png

graywolf323

well I'll eat my crow

I did not think Skyrim would go on sale or if it did not significantly discounted but 33% off is a pretty damn good deal

noire

Unconfirmed Member
so, I was up to 13 lumps of coal, 2 valve coupons, a risen coupon and a saints row coupon...

decided to craft something to see if my luck would change:

50% OFF Global Ops: Commando Libya

:( :( :(

stufte

Crafted the 7 coals that i got (all in a row...) and ended up with E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. Never heard of it, but at least it was a game I don't have! Yay Christmas!

Striek

Lawl 10 coal, a 50% Valve coupon and a 33% SoTS2 coupon, decide to craft the coal, end up with a 25% Valve coupon. Fucking troll Xmas.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Why does everyone hate And Yet It Moves? Other than the gameplay being repetitive, I don't really see any huge flaws with it.

My only problem with AYIM is that the world never turns the direction I think it should.

Oh and I just scored my first game gift: Railworks! I just wish it came with the DLC!

zlatko

Banned
Awwww yeah. Got the Jamestown achievement and it gave me Psychonauts fo free. ;D

Now I have -50% Valve Coupon and Psychonauts up for trade people.

If anyone has Left 4 Dead 2 that's what I'd really want, but I'm willing to trade for Metro 2033 as well. :D

Why does everyone hate And Yet It Moves? Other than the gameplay being repetitive, I don't really see any huge flaws with it.

I didn't find anything about it creepy (up to stage 2-1) but just found it extraordinarily boring. I did enjoy the art style though and on paper it seemed like the start of a neat concept, but 40 minutes in it didn't seem like anything nearly so solid as to design a whole game out of.

My only problem with AYIM is that the world never turns the direction I think it should.

I had the exact same problem. It's incredible how my mind seemed to utterly refuse to retain anything from that game.

zlatko

Banned
Oh and before I forget:

JAMESTOWN IS FUCKING AWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEESOME!

I'm not big on these kinds of games and I've only played a few, but this is easily my favorite thanks to the music, art style, STORY, boat loads of content, and fantastic choices for control options.

Play this game people! :O

Speevy

Banned
Yay finally earned my 7th coal, crafted it to get 50% off a game that will be more expensive when I'm able to use the coupon than it is now.

Finally got Crimecraft to run. Took 3 matches to get the achievement. I have to say... I find it absolutely fucking incredible that they actually wanted to charge money for this garbage game at some point.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
About how long does it take to get approved to post on the Steam forums? I didn't even know they did this. I just wanna throw up a quick thread for trading. :/

Ptaaty

I am pretty happy with the sale so far....
Batman AC was a great deal (but I already owned).

Got Rage, Limbo, and Skyrim. Two games I was sitting around for a low price and the third (Skyrim) a good $10 cheaper than I have seen.

RoboShmup

Banned
11 Coal, 25% off Arkham City, and 50% off Audiosurf :|

Haven't crafted any coal yet. Don't think I will with the horror stories I've read so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom