• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

biocat

Merry Christmas! Skyrim finally dropped! Yes!
Except I can't buy it myself or I'll get the Japanese language version. Going to need some help!

Just got 7 coal. I'm nervous to craft.

EDIT: 33% off swords of the stars II? Whatever that is.. was hoping for Counter Strike: Source or Dota 2 :(

dani_dc

lol that fucking sucks. It was Mass Effect 2, and the sales over. Ugh.

Edit: So there's literally NO way to gift this now at all?

Well, seeing as you haven't installed it yet I would try emailing costumer support and explaining the situation, I've heard of them giving refunds to people that hadn't played the games so they might be able to do something for you. With that said they'd probably take awhile to reply to you and it's a bit of a longshot, but worth a try if you don't mind the wait.

ASilva

Neo Member
So, i crafted my first 7 coal

rome2p0ol.jpg

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Big-E

I got my best gift yet other than coal for doing the And Yet it Moves achievement. 50% off of the ball. Fucking awesome.

Artofwar420

Anyone know if I can trick a game to think I have DX10 card? I'm stuck using a graphically deficient computer until after the holidays and I'd like to get the Renegade Ops achievement.

Hard Reset is pretty fun. Definitely worth the price. It's quite challenging too. Even on Normal I get my ass handed to me if I don't move around and use the environment to kill enemies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hard Reset gave me 75% off Napoleon: Total War.

Then I went and did the Renegade Ops achievement and it gave me a copy of Devil May Cry 3.

Metacritic on that looks pretty low, was that because the game itself was bad, or because Capcom was doing crappy ports at the time? And how does it run on today's hardware?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I feel like people actually mean "there are no games I want" when they say a sale is horrible, so I wish they would just say that.

I own a lot of the games that have been on sale but there have still been some good ones.

75% off Hard Reset and 50% off Arkham City, for instance.

Also I just did the And Yet It Moves achievement and got:
DxdVV.jpg

At least I don't already own it. I might keep it.

The sale prices have been pretty weak so far. Steam has been thoroughly beaten on prices by Amazon in many significant instances.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The sale prices have been pretty weak so far. Steam has been thoroughly beaten on prices by Amazon in many significant instances.

Interested in stuff like Deus Ex? Dead Island? And other relatively new, large budget titles. When you focus on a few games like that, yeah that is normally what happens.

kennah

/\ But when you find a few gems that you didn't know about for cheap (Hard Reset, Jamestown, EYE) the sale really takes off.

Hard Reset gave me 75% off Napoleon: Total War.

Then I went and did the Renegade Ops achievement and it gave me a copy of Devil May Cry 3.

Metacritic on that looks pretty low, was that because the game itself was bad, or because Capcom was doing crappy ports at the time? And how does it run on today's hardware?

You should easily be able to max it out. Ubisoft did the port btw.

kennah

I can't post a thread about this (being a junior member and all), so I'll just leave this here.

Merry Christmas?

http://black-aperture.com/

Registrant:
Hassen, David
ATTN BLACK-APERTURE.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA. US 18222

Domain Name: BLACK-APERTURE.COM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.
Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Hassen, David zy8s26rr3hw@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
ATTN BLACK-APERTURE.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US
570-708-8780

Record expires on 19-Dec-2012.
Record created on 19-Dec-2011.

Totally fake.

The game itself is amazing, probably one of my favorite games of all time. However the port was handled horribly by Ubisoft, it's a total pain to get any kind of controller working properly, the cutscenes are pre-rendered and incredibly compressed and there is a total lack of any kind of lighting. It crashed for me all of the time a couple of years ago on Windows 7.

Resident Evil 4 was also ported in the same way, but it had a more active modding community which made up for it's problems with patches such as the addition of mouse support. Something which DMC3 SE PC also doesn't have. I would recommend either picking up the PS2 version or waiting for the PS3 collection.

Vamphuntr

Finally got the Champions Online achievement.

Man I hate this game. It takes forever to get the 10 presents as they are a random loot inside the big gift boxes. The tutorial is also really long and you can't skip it!

I better not get coal or a coupon for this.

legend166

I think if they got rid of the coupons all together people would like the sale more. Even if the chance to win a game was still the same. The coupons are just so pointless it's really annoying when you get one.

If anybody wants to trade for the lame coupons I have let me know. I have a 33% off valve game, 50% off nordic games, 50% off oddworld abe's oddysee.

Nephix

Used my first 7 coal and received a copy of Trine 2. Does the game you get depend on what you have on the wishlist?

It just seems like too much of a coincidence that I got the one game I actually wanted. Maybe it's just me having some serious luck.

Used my first 7 coal and received a copy of Trine 2. Does the game you get depend on what you have on the wishlist?

It just seems like too much of a coincidence that I got the one game I actually wanted. Maybe it's just me having some serious luck.

That is some good luck.

Big-E

I think if they got rid of the coupons all together people would like the sale more. Even if the chance to win a game was still the same. The coupons are just so pointless it's really annoying when you get one.

Should have just been games and coal. Increase the chance for coal and increase the amount needed to craft a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom