• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Goodbye GRAVELORD NITO! Byeeeeeee! :D

It's incredible but my trick is working great. Everytime I'm stuck I come to GAF searching for hope and I always find it, somehow.

GAF, you are my shield.

LProtag

Nice giveaway!

I'm entering because I have 5 posts here and I haven't really gotten any clarification if this counts as the current Steam thread, I guess it does because the other is locked. I'd just feel bad if I was breaking the rules or anything.

Turfster

Nice giveaway!

I'm entering because I have 5 posts here and I haven't really gotten any clarification if this counts as the current Steam thread, I guess it does because the other is locked. I'd just feel bad if I was breaking the rules or anything.

It is this thread, and it's not really breaking the rules.
If you don't match the ruleset, your entry will just be ignored.

Nice, do you know if PP and Guacamelee activate on Steam?

I will look into that. Thanks.

Yes. The games have a Steam logo when you mouse-over them.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Nice giveaway!

Don't worry, if you don't qualify for a raffle, ModBot will just ignore your entry.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Dammit, Dark Souls keeps crashing on startup.

I installed DSfix and everything, too.

Disable the frame rate unlock.

Does it launch after doing that?

Then in order to use the Frame rate unlock you need to disable Windows DEP (data execution prevention).

Alternatively, if none of the above works, disable "Skip intro logos" or whatever it's called.

iso135

Trying hard not to give in and buy games. But I always end up telling myself, "It is the steam sale and games are cheap, you should just go for it."

100 game backlog later...

hom3land

Who ever asked about Guacamelee, Thanks!! I never really looked into that game but the video on the humblebundle site looks insanely fun.

Turns out, since I preordered Retro City Rampage, for this year they're giving out people who preordered a free steam key. (Mine was in the junk mail apparently). I figured though since I already have one and this is an extra key, might as well let someone else who wants it have a chance to get it.

Enjoy!

Edit: Modbot did not update that the raffle was over with a winner chosen. Probably something I messed up on since this might not be the main 'steam' thread or something. I got a PM with thanks so it's safe to say it went through.

Whools

Bought the stanley parable on my own account, despite the fact I got it as a gift for my friend at launch, and could play his version.
Also does anyone recommend Not the Robots? i was just browsing and it piqued my interest.

Nice giveaway!

I think the point is less to make 5 posts, but more to contribute and be involved with the steam threads and community.

I've been seriously tempted to get this game but something's been holding me back. How much "game" is there? How many hours is it and does it get repetitive? I'm really curious.

You will get maybe two to three hours out of it before you are done. While that doesn't seem like a lot, it really is some of the best and most interesting gaming you will have this year. I have read a few people being let down by it, but not many.

Turfster

I've been seriously tempted to get this game but something's been holding me back. How much "game" is there? How many hours is it and does it get repetitive? I'm really curious.

There's quite a lot of 'game' there, and the rules change every day, so it doesn't get repetitive. Of course, since it's a 80s totalitarian eastern block state bureaucracy simulator, there is some repetitiveness involved.

Pachimari

I'm all new to Steam still and wanted to try ti out with a demo of Amnesia: The Dark Descent for my MacBook Air but it gives me this message on load up: "Error - Could not load main init file". =/

i keep buying dota items, help

stop playing dota. you're addicted and it's going to get worse. I understand to some extent as I was addicted to MMO's and spent money haphazardly buying shit to get in game stuff (eg in ffxi tidal talisman)

now I don't play the game anymore-problem solved.

Curious_George

Neo Member
So without trying to ignite another discussion about the quality of Guacamelee, is it still enjoyable if you like Metroidvania type games but don't like brawlers? The combat doesn't really appeal to me from what I've seen, but I'm always up for some good exploration if there is enough of that aspect.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yeah! Seeing a fellow GAFer overcome that asshole brings me joy.

I'm no asshole. Stop hurting my feelings.
KuGsj.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hello. Long time lurker on Gaf (especially this thread), finally managed to get in, just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone... alot of whom I kinda feel like I know already from reading the forum at work so much (graveyard shift is no fun let me tell you). Hopefully I'm not too much of a pain for you guys ^_^ I have a little giveaway to celebrate me getting in, but I would like to test Modbot first to see If I'm doing it correctly. But before I do, I would like to give a quick shoutout to two people who helped me sort my ISP email error problem.

Grief.exe, who I contacted on steam when I didnt know what else to do since I couldnt PM a mod on gaf without being registered. Grief had no reason to accept this friend invite from a random ass on steam (he probably thought it was a beggar lol), but he did it anyway, and had no problems getting me in contact with a mod. This might seem like a little thing, but in this day and age, on the internet of all places, shit like this is quite rare in my experience.

And to the mod that fixed my problem and made it possible for me to be here, Stumpokapow, who again, had no real reason to help me but he did. Very thankful to both, and I will try my best not to be an asshole and ruin it :)

Ok, with that out of the way, here is a steam key, hopefully it works, so I can get the proper giveaway underway.

Sorry for ignoring your request, but I got sick of traders adding me so I have a rather strict policy against accepting FRs from people with whom I don't share a common friend or non-standard group (e.g. the official Steam sale groups don't count but, say, the GAF group does). If you add me again I'll accept it this time. ;)

So without trying to ignite another discussion about the quality of Guacamelee, is it still enjoyable if you like Metroidvania type games but don't like brawlers? The combat doesn't really appeal to me from what I've seen, but I'm always up for some good exploration if there is enough of that aspect.

The exploration is pretty basic and the map system leaves little surprises (you'll see a blue square blocking progress until you get the "blue" skill). Given you are frequently stopped for combat, it may not be your type of game.

The one saving grace might be some interesting/difficult platforming puzzles that you frequently come across. That at least gives some reward for looking around.

Darkroronoa

What is the damn drop rate for foils?I must have drop 50+ cards and not a single foil >.<

Hitting your limit for selling cards sucks.

I am from europe and i filled the form and the limit got lifted instantly.If you are from U.S then can you lift it?How does it work?

Trying hard not to give in and buy games. But I always end up telling myself, "It is the steam sale and games are cheap, you should just go for it."

100 game backlog later...

Yeah,its impossible to resist.But it is nice to have choices.

Nätso

Who ever asked about Guacamelee, Thanks!! I never really looked into that game but the video on the humblebundle site looks insanely fun.

It's also got a ton of video game references like Megaman, Metroid, etc.

I would have bought it at full price, but I'm broke.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

There is a small amount to explore and discover that you'll find on your own, though it will be done for the sake of getting there and the occasional joy of platforming rather than to actually find something. Everything else you clearly spot right away, you know you'll have to return to break the green block for example. So as a whole, as someone who loves the Iga Castlevanias in part to get a 100% of the map, I compare to a lighter version of that that I doubt I'll ever return to the game again for.

The best joy I got out of the game, if I pretend I don't care for the combat at all, comes more or less at the end of the game with special areas where the games tests you at feats of skill for using all the abilities to climb to the top of a tree.

I don't believe the combat will ever be offensive to you once you get a couple of power up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom