• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-91B559B9067A43A2 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.

t1387603989z1.png
header_292x136.jpg

Forgot to put the name in.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
49400 is deleted from the store page.

I realise that -- I'm not blind. ;) I was just explaining why the wishlist link doesn't work. Why the game is tied to the id of 901667 as far as the store is concerned, I've no idea. It's ~630k above the most recent apps added to the registry!

Zom

Banned
Why? You can get it for $5 or could've gotten it at that price when the Multiplayer mod released.

Hell and the Just Cause collection was like $7 total yesterday and selling pretty briskly due to said mod.

For some reason I have been so close to buy this game like 10 times, but I never do it, now the stars are aligned

RedSwirl

Not even E.Y.E can explain E.Y.E.

It's just a game you have to play to understand, especially with friends.

I just tried the demo for like two minutes. Holy shit you were right.

I'm fine with Eurojank, but Jesus. I knew I was in for some jank when I saw this game boot up not only into the source engine, but the same menu interface as Half-Life 2 (but then again Dark Messiah Might and Magic does the same thing, and I like that game). It feels like a source mod. And the mechanics his game throws at you in the menus... I just took one glance at the cyber menu and the tutorial menu and turned the demo off.

I'd have to be in an EXTREMELY specific kind of mood to really get into this.

Erekiddo

Apologizes if it's been mentioned a million times, but anyone else notice on the Store page on the app, if you shake your phone it starts snowing?

I found that to be a nice touch.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Quick question. What was the name of the website that tells you how much time it takes to complete a game? I need to make a schedule to finish as much games as I can during january.

Thanks in advance...

You should download the enhanced steam addon for chrome.

It adds "How long to beat" information to every Steam game page where it's applicable.

T8u4BjX.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
49400 is deleted from the store page.

It's either buy that bundle (which isn't a bad deal, but I already paid $20 on PS3 and paid $10 for the base-game on XBLA) or nada./

Yeah that one's way strange. If using Enhanced Steam you can add it to your wishlist from the community hub (here). But be warned. I added it, and it's not showing up on my wishlist screen. When I query the API it says it's on my wishlist. But since it's not actually on my wishlist I can't remove it.

Totally bizarre.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For some reason I have been so close to buy this game like 10 times, but I never do it, now the stars are aligned

Well, for $5 Just Cause 2 will last you a while in single OR multiplayer (still haven't finished it, I need to get back to it!) with the new multiplayer mod that released on Steam last week.

For $2 more, you get Just Cause 1. Which I installed and have sitting here, but can't get into it simply because it doesn't support Xinput/X-box controllers so you have to use keyboard and mouse for it, which is just funky in third-person games for me.

Either is a decent deal. Depends on what you want.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah that one's way strange. If using Enhanced Steam you can add it to your wishlist from the community hub (here). But be warned. I added it, and it's not showing up on my wishlist screen. When I query the API it says it's on my wishlist. But since it's not actually on my wishlist I can't remove it.

Totally bizarre.

Speaking of Enhanced Steam, I see you added SteamCharts to the game pages. Thanks for that. It seems Front Mission: Evolved only has 140 peak players that have played it and only 20 within the past week... so... I guess the multiplayer for that is dead, but I wouldn't be buying the PC version for multiplayer anyway... :lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You should download the enhanced steam addon for chrome.

It adds "How long to beat" information to every Steam game page where it's applicable.

Unfortunately not "every" game that's applicable. It's a manual process at the moment (unfortunately) but I try to update it when I can. Only about 500 / 2500 games on Steam have their information pages linked at this time.

Speaking of Enhanced Steam, I see you added SteamCharts to the game pages. Thanks for that. It seems Front Mission: Evolved only has 140 peak players that have played it and only 20 within the past week... so... I guess the multiplayer for that is dead, but I wouldn't be buying the PC version for multiplayer anyway... :lol

Yeah it's just pulling this data from SteamCharts which is linked on the section it generates (they have way more in-depth info). But it's nice to be able to see at a glance how active a particular game is, especially if it's multiplayer only.

Whooter

Hey, what's the story on the Snow Globe cards? Are they going to be around forever after the sale, like the Summer ones, or will they "expire"?

Toki767

Hey, what's the story on the Snow Globe cards? Are they going to be around forever after the sale, like the Summer ones, or will they "expire"?

Any uncrafted snow globe card disappears as soon as the sale is over. There is no level cap for the badge though.

Clawww

just bought blade symphony

steam user reviews are cool

i figure if a dude or two put, like, 200 fuckin hours into the game I might as well check it out

rrs

Well, for $5 Just Cause 2 will last you a while in single OR multiplayer (still haven't finished it, I need to get back to it!) with the new multiplayer mod that released on Steam last week.

For $2 more, you get Just Cause 1. Which I installed and have sitting here, but can't get into it simply because it doesn't support Xinput/X-box controllers so you have to use keyboard and mouse for it, which is just funky in third-person games for me.

Either is a decent deal. Depends on what you want.

Just Cause 2 is a billion times better than Just Cause 1, I'd just skip the first

jshackles

Probably won't interest too many, but SteamLoader.com is super legit. I've been picking up most of my games this sale using wallet cards I've got from them purchased in Bitcoin.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in the off chance that someone has some BTC they're looking to turn into Steam Bux.

DownLikeBCPowder's avatar reminded me that I should mention this.

I really want to play infinite. I hear on podcasts everyone talks highly of it? Orrr I could get far cry 3 and blood dragon. Seems like gameplay is great but what about story.

Toki767

I really want to play infinite. I hear on podcasts everyone talks highly of it? Orrr I could get far cry 3 and blood dragon. Seems like gameplay is great but what about story.

Far Cry 3 will last you longer. BioShock Infinite is more memorable.

Blood Dragon is all kinds of awesome though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bioshock Infinite has functional gameplay but thats as far as it goes. Clean Room A, Room B, Booker Catch, Room C Booker Catch rinse and repeat.

Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon have more entertaining gameplay but you wont be playing them for the story like you would do with BI.

kurahador

FC3 is abit tedious to play, I get similar feelings from when I was playing AC1.

Just get Blood Dragon & Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom