• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
iEmMOCD.jpg

I love that it's not even a gif anymore, lol.
i understand this reference.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love that it's not even a gif anymore, lol.

I also love this. But there are probably more than a few people scratching their heads about it right now.
I'm not one of them.

Santini

That was a solid wrap-up. I put in a nice run outside of steam and was waiting for the massive edition to equal what it would cost me to grab the missing issues. With that happening, depending on how the steam version may possibly migrate to my existing funcom account, I enjoyed it so much that I wouldn't mind starting over from scratch, since I still couldn't find a definitive answer regarding whether or not I could just add the steam key and pick up right where I left off via steam and not have to endure the download again.

Not sure if they are still running it, though they used to award you enough funcom points to grab an issue free of charge from the shop after you completed 30 missions. There may have also been a time limit to redeem those points? It has been a while, so I cannot recall exactly, though it was 1200pts which was the most it cost for any issue at the time.

From what I can tell, if you grabbed the Steam version, you would have to re-download the game again. 37.1 GB is a lot to endure! I'm missing Issues 6 through 8, and since the Massive Edition only goes up to 7, it wouldn't be worth it for me at this point in terms of bandwidth and savings unfortunately.

As for the Funcom Points, that would be cool if that were still in place, and would inspire me to play more often. I guess that was back when they were still subscription-based? Looking it up, you have to be a member (the equivalent of a subscriber) to get bonus points every month now.

TheQuaker

Banned
Anyone having problems with Steam not being able to go to any forums or any profiles? I can pretty much look at the front page and store pages but that's it.

Lain

Probably old news, but I've just read that the Croixleur we'll get on Steam will be an enhanced version, based on "Croixleur Sigma, the upcoming enhanced version that will release for the first time at C85" and I'm liking some of the additions:
So here's what you can look forward to in Croixleur Steam Edition in addition to the usual Steamworks achievement, trading cards, etc.

・Full voiceover
・Enhanced graphics
・Play as Fran
・New story for Fran
・New cutscenes
・New BGM
・New UI
・New ‘Challenge Mode’
・New achievements
・New weapons / special moves
・Rebalanced gameplay
・New replay & gameplay mechanics

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, crafted the badge for the first time and got an Extraordinary... selling that right away.

I decided to try my luck as I had five cards sitting in my inventory... and got a common Path of Exile item, haha. I'll wait for the card prices to drop again before giving it another shot. The "downside" to buying through traders is that you don't get cards for purchasing.

drgambit

Banned
I tripped over something while cleaning out my closet today... enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half-Life 2: Episode One -- MB-5250B13D8EC146FD - Taken by Hesemonni

Omega

Banned
If my Steam account were somehow made physical, I'd be on one of those Hoarders: Buried Alive shows.

It's kind of funny seeing someone say this after JaseC posts.

he probably owns every game on steam

Wow, crafted the badge for the first time and got an Extraordinary... selling that right away.

i swear, it's always the people who don't do anything that always get the rare stuff. I had a friend who barely plays Counter Strike get 2 knives within a couple of crates. i've opened like 25, and all i've gotten are bottom-tier weapons that sell for .02 (which means i make nothing back)

Tizoc

I decided to try my luck as I had five cards sitting in my inventory... and got a common Path of Exile item, haha. I'll wait for the card prices to drop again before giving it another shot. The "downside" to buying through traders is that you don't get cards for purchasing.

Aha thanks, well sell them by the 3rd then.

Deques

Probably old news, but I've just read that the Croixleur we'll get on Steam will be an enhanced version, based on "Croixleur Sigma, the upcoming enhanced version that will release for the first time at C85" and I'm liking some of the additions:

Nice info!

JaseC

It's kind of funny seeing someone say this after JaseC posts.

he probably owns every game on steam

Haha, not quite, but I'm getting there (pulled games being the obvious exception -- I've only been "collecting" for 18 months so I missed the boat on quite a lot of games... like Wheelman). As far as SteamGAF is concerned, Xelios and Valis still have decent leads, and even though I don't have as much to spend as I'd expected I do hope to hit 2,300 by the end of the sale (+114 games), though admittedly I haven't ascertained how viable this is given my budget and the titles within the lower price points that I've yet to buy.

Voidguts

ugh. I bought Paranautical Activity and the page errored once, worked fine the second try - got charged twice, though. what are the chances of getting refunded? :\

in my transactions history:

Dec 21, 2013 $3.09 Purchase Paranautical Activity

Dec 21, 2013 N/A Failed Paranautical Activity

Divius

Good morning. Voted for the very fun Bulletstorm.

Risk of Rain is something on my wishlist that I really want to try, but -33% is not the number I was looking for.

Vodh

ugh. I bought Paranautical Activity and the page errored once, worked fine the second try - got charged twice, though. what are the chances of getting refunded? :\

The first refund on Steam is pretty much a courtesy refund, no questions asked. But they do end up the conversation telling you that they don't generally do it, and it's in their ToS and you won't be refunded the next time under any circumstances or whatever, so I guess it's a risk.

Caerith

in my transactions history:

Dec 21, 2013 $3.09 Purchase Paranautical Activity

Dec 21, 2013 N/A Failed Paranautical Activity
You probably didn't actually get charged twice, the two charges on your credit card (or whatever) are likely just pending-- one will get processed, the other will drop off.

JaseC

So they removed steamworks integration?

You get a Steam key. Thus far DMC is the only game I'm aware of that had Steamworks removed for sale on a competing platform (Origin).

Have you checked your bank account to see if you were actually charged twice? Steam acknowledging that the transaction failed may mean it didn't go through at your bank's end.

I just got a a snowgobe.

Why does this thing have an expiry date? I assume its like a trading card, so what do you get for collecting a set or something?

JaseC

The first refund on Steam is pretty much a courtesy refund, no questions asked. But they do end up the conversation telling you that they don't generally do it, and it's in their ToS and you won't be refunded the next time under any circumstances or whatever, so I guess it's a risk.

Valve will always refund pre-orders, because keys don't get attached to your account until the game unlocks, as well as any erroneous charges that shouldn't have taken place (provided you can provide proof). Luck of the draw only enters the equation if you desire a refund in instances where they're generally not given (e.g. "I bought this game and it doesn't run on my system"), unless you can point to legislation that states Valve is legally obligated to provide a refund if requested.

Caerith

I just got a a snowgobe.

Why does this thing have an expiry date? I assume its like a trading card, so what do you get for collecting a set or something?

Because there's only so much oxygen in the life-sustaining water of that snowglobe. In time, its inhabitants will suffocate, and be removed from your inventory.

Save a life. Craft a badge today!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning fine people, whats going on tod-OH SHIT Blade Symphony 80% off? :O

insta bought!

Omega

Banned
seriously, the way Steam handles a new method of adding funds to your steam wallet is ridiculous.

because I decided to pay with my debit card because I didn't want to go out just to get a steam card, I can't even use the community market. Haven't even tried to buy anything from the store because there has been nothing I wanted since I bought FF7

Damage so far:
FF7
Far Cry 3

Hold fast!

seriously, the way Steam handles a new method of adding funds to your steam wallet is ridiculous.

because I decided to pay with my debit card because I didn't want to go out just to get a steam card, I can't even use the community market. Haven't even tried to buy anything from the store because there has been nothing I wanted since I bought FF7

It's weird because this is what I've read, but I just added a new CC myself (old one was lost a while ago) and I'm not locked out of the community market. I'm probably misunderstanding how it works though.

The_Monk

Good morning my good people, just getting ready for another day. Coffee anyone?

Played almost an hour of Far Cry 3, thanks to a very generous move by fellow GAFfter The_Monk. Got past the intro level and got (what I think) are the main story elements.

Glad you are liking it. I think I saw some good tips yesterday by KenOD but basically take your time to avoid getting burned out/bored since it can happen in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom