• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start up secret world, choose illuminati, first part of the storyline takes place in a laundromat. The first contact is paranoid about the illuminati being everywhere. A woman from his D&D group snaps a picture of him and my character. This game starts out well enough.

Edit: For anyone picking up Far Cry 3, its worth the ride. I didn't think it was at first, but the game is more than definitely worth the price of admission. I'm at nearly 20 hours, and I'm still going through side quests and junk. The dialogue during the main story can be more than cheesy at times, but completion of missions helps alleviate the cheese factor.

rav

seriously, the way Steam handles a new method of adding funds to your steam wallet is ridiculous.

because I decided to pay with my debit card because I didn't want to go out just to get a steam card, I can't even use the community market. Haven't even tried to buy anything from the store because there has been nothing I wanted since I bought FF7

Although, next sale if you use that same card again you wont have an issue. I've used a couple different cards way before they added the new payment wait period. (Probably used paypal and maybe the weird pay later thing too, back when they introduced the other payments.)

It sucks right now for people that add a new payment, but I think it generally saves a headache for valve and consumers. (fraudulent charges/chargebacks)

The_Monk

Looks like we share waking-up patterns and times :D I already have coffee this time though.

Nice!

I'm headed off to bed. Night, Monk!

Like almost every Steam sale. Grief goes to bed when I wake up!

-------

About those Uplay deals people were talking, and about the Fallout series, is Fallout 3 GOTY on the Store also redeemable on Steam? Because they are selling it for 2.50€ that's the best price so far?

rav

ハクバノ王子サマ (Hakuba no Oujisama) Ep. 10

I watched the first episode on the crunchyroll app on the PS4 and kinda got hooked. Plus it makes me want to dive back into my Japanese studying. Any comparison to Team Medical Dragon ? (I've only seen a few of these)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At least there is a small chance that Bulletstorm gets GfWL removed.

https://twitter.com/iFlak/status/370134831885086720

As I mentioned earlier, since the game doesn't support offline profiles, Epic needs to do something because once GFWL is shut down there'll be no way to use online profiles with the game, making it completely unusable. GFWL may not be ditched in favour of Steamworks but it will most certainly be removed/rendered inert.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
every sale I hope the toejam & earl games get more than 50% off, every sale my hopes are crushed :(

Its the last 2 genesis games I need for the collection, i really should just pick them up and be done with it, gue'ss I'll wait if they get sneaked in into some franchise sale with another Sega game daily

Jintor

Anyone got any opinions on Blade Symphony?

Whoever wrote the Bulletstorm script should be shot... The game, however, is real fun.

The gameplay obviously carries the game, but the VAs do a lot with very little. Steve Blum in particular lends the game a certain je ne sais quoi

As I mentioned earlier, since the game doesn't support offline profiles, Epic needs to do something because once GFWL is shut down there'll be no way to use online profiles with the game, making it completely unusable. GFWL may not be ditched in favour of Steamworks but it will most certainly be removed/rendered inert.

Yeah and now that there is some sale and people are buying the game they must do something about GfWL.

rav

Crap, so if something isn't changed in the near future it'll be useless?
I guess that means if I do buy it tonight/morning then I better play it over Christmas break :).

I finished on the PS3 and it was fun. It's a good shooter, and I bet it can look great on PC but I'm not sure if I should get it again (but deep inside I know I should).

No fancy resolution or extra AA for me, but yes, it still looks good.

9598092256833699840_2missn.png

Dammit, I really want to buy Far Cry 3, but I need to save my money for Christmas gifts.

I lost access to the GFWL account my bulletstorm is linked too so I can't play anymore. And I can't repurchase on the same steam account either. I didn't get to finish the game so I really hope they patch out GFWL.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder, if companies dont do jack about GFWL removal, is that something modders could fix, if only to make the single player portions of the games work?

I wonder, if companies dont do jack about GFWL removal, is that something modders could fix, if only to make the single player portions of the games work?

Just guessing here, but pirates probably managed that, right? I'm not sure, but it seems hard to believe that GFWL titles weren't pirated. They probably found a way to circumvent it.

Not sure it'd be of much help to everyone with a legit Steam or Origin copy of the game, though.

rav

Probably not, GFWL has always been a means of DRM. Extremely unlikely unless Microsoft were to release some sort of tool to help modders. (Possible, but very very unlikely.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any offical word on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD on PC? It's 50% off on XBLA.

Cox has been not-so-subtly hinting at a PC version in much the same manner as he did with Lords of Shadow proper.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Now that I have a gaming PC I bought the Settlers Gold at 50%, this was before I saw the rule about waiting for more of a discount.

It was horrible getting it to work. Now that I have it is quite an enjoyable game.

Bulletstorm won the vote. I remember when it was zero dollars on origin because of a magic coupon and what not but hell. For 5 bucks, it's still worth the price of admission as far as fun factor goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom