• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now that I have a gaming PC I bought the Settlers Gold at 50%, this was before I saw the rule about waiting for more of a discount.

It was horrible getting it to work. Now that I have it is quite an enjoyable game.

The Settlers games have never been a featured deal so you'd had to have some incredibly bad luck for that to change now, haha.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
12 minutes to decide on The Secret World for $10 bucks. Help me.

my friend swares by it, I didnt like it. I love horror stuff, and the vibe is deffinately good (as is the heavy focus on story during the quests) but I thought the gameplay and class systems were crap (granted I went in expecting the mmo holy trinity), and for some reason it ran like shit on my system (and I have a gtx580, which these days isnt that impressive anymore, but back then when SW came out it certainly was)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks for the gifts while I was asleep :D!!!

Eusis

Papers, Please is cheaper on the Humble Store AND you get a DRM free version.
Papers, Please was on sale for that price before. I doubt the price updated yet, else this may be one of the lamest flash sales yet.

EDIT: I see, it updated on the game page, but not the store front. Grabbing.

Universe Sandbox for €2 is a good deal. It's not really a game, but if you're interested in space, it's definitely worth checking out.

Enco

I have the updated price.

It's cheaper in the UK.

£3.49 on Steam and £3.05 on HB.

edit: even if it was the same price, no reason to get it directly from Steam other than wanting to use your wallet funds.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmph not sure on papers please... once you break a certain threshold on Steam your backlog is so gigantic that all you feel like buying is 75% off stuff :/ (firsrt world problems I know)

Grief.exe

Typing of the Dead all the way.

Its already had a featured sale...not to mention significantly cheaper on Gamersgate recently.

Vote for Super House of Dead Ninjas guys

Done

I wonder, if companies dont do jack about GFWL removal, is that
something modders could fix, if only to make the single player portions of the games work?

Worst case scenario you run the game in offline mode, use xliveless, or a crack in order to access a game.

Best case, gfwl is removed from the game and/or Microsoft releases a patch that removes the authentication requirement.

Either way, you will be able to access your games regardless. There will always be some method available.

hmph not sure on papers please... once you break a certain threshold on Steam your backlog is so gigantic that all you feel like buying is 75% off stuff :/ (firsrt world problems I know)

Papers please is so short and sweet though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it, I accidentally accepted two of the same game as gifts... and now I can't find a way to find the "other" copy of the game. Anyone know what to do?

Damn it, I accidentally accepted two of the same game as gifts... and now I can't find a way to find the "other" copy of the game. Anyone know what to do?

One of them should be in your inventory, I don't think it's possible to accept 2 times the same game to your library. Otherwise the gift maybe is still in the sender's inventory.

Rhaknar

oh I got a foil snow globe :O

wonder how much these things are going for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom