• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
What's the current community choice on sale? It's showing up as a blank for me here.

nDjsKmq.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Another year and still no Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock sale.

Guess i will be waiting an Eternity.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does anyone know if the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games have ever gone on a flash/daily sale?

Flash, yes. I got them all that way.

Clear Sky generally goes on sale pretty often since it's the "last" one in the series, IIRC. But Shadows of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyt were both on sale in the summer.

I've seen it in the past, yes.

Call of Prypiat and Shadow of Chernobyl were definitely on sale, not sure about Clear Sky.

Flash, yes. I got them all that way.

Clear Sky generally goes on sale pretty often since it's the "last" one in the series, IIRC. But Shadows of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyt were both on sale in the summer.

Thanks guys. I just built my computer in October so I missed out on the last time they were on sale. I've been watching since October but so far, no dice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Everyone who owns DEHR and all DLC gets, what, a 75% off bonus on it?

The fluff DLC isn't factored into the discount offerings. Those who own the base game receive a 50% discount which is bumped up to 75% for those who also own The Missing Link.

drgambit

Banned
Still cleaning out my closet of junk...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BioShock -- MB-5F532F7FA473DB42 - Taken by nai. 10 entrants total.

t1387633421z1.png

Sorry guys, I'm sure it's been asked a million times. The cards are only valid till the end of the sale? Meaning I will lose them if I don't craft the badge before?

JaseC

Am I insane if I think Starbound will go on sale? :X

It's not entirely unheard of for a game that lack a base discount to show up as a featured deal, but given the Early Access period began barely two weeks ago, I wouldn't expect it.

Sorry guys, I'm sure it's been asked a million times. The cards are only valid till the end of the sale? Meaning I will lose them if I don't craft the badge before?
If its anything like the summer sale, you'll keep them in your inventory. You won't be able to get any more from crafting badges after jan 3rd. Only place is the marketplace. Oh nvm. It has an expiration date. Wtf. That's new.

Phinor

also the DLC once again is NOT on sale, bastards :(

It won't be long before I stop buying games even on sale. This not discounting DLC while offering GOTY/full package at a discounted price is becoming more and more common. Buying the base game even at a discount is no longer viable choice if you eventually want the whole game at a bargain price.

Echoplx

Ugh, Nuuvem MGR is America's only. How do I buy from Gamefly as a superior Netherlander/European?

I bought and activated a nuuvem key in Australia just fine, you shouldn't have any issues.

BTW JaseC, if they do decide to add region restrictions to retail copies at some point, how would that effect people who have already bought it?

JaseC

If its anything like the summer sale, you'll keep them in your inventory. You won't be able to get any more from crafting badges after jan 3rd. Only place is the marketplace. Oh nvm. It has an expiration date. Wtf. That's new.

The Summer Sale cards didn't have an expiry date and those who missed it can still craft the badges by purchasing the cards. Unless Valve changes its mind, the same courtesy won't be extended to the Winter Sale cards, presumably because they're tied to items.

I bought and activated a nuuvem key in Australia just fine, you shouldn't have any issues.

BTW JaseC, if they do decide to add region restrictions to retail copies at some point, how would that effect people who have already bought it?

Those who have already bought keys but are still waiting may find themselves in a difficult situation, depending on where they purchased from (e.g. Konami may deem it prudent to make a region-locked retail sub for Brazilian keys, which would affect international users who purchased from Nuuvem), however those who have already activated keys will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom