• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Shadowrun Returns for 9 euros at Humble Store.
Wait for daily in Steam or take the bite?

EDIT:

Just saw that on Steam it's at the same price -_-

Echoplx

Those who have already bought keys may find themselves in a difficult situation, depending on where they purchased from (e.g. Konani may deem it prudent to make a region-locked retail sub for Brazilian keys, which would affect international users who purchased from Nuuvem), but those who have already activated keys will be fine.

OK cool, I thought that was the case, had to download Steam on my parents computer and activate it just in case. Visiting family for Christmas sucks sometimes :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OK cool, I thought that was the case, had to download Steam on my parents computer and activate it just in case. Visiting family for Christmas sucks sometimes :p

Web-based key activation is definitely one of the better features of Desura that Valve needs to ape.

Edit: Haha, I just realised I typed "Konani" rather than "Konami". Sounds like some sort of fruit.

If you redeem a key on steam, it doesn't count towards that spend 10$ get a card thing right?

Correct. Store purchases only.

Copons

Roguelikes aren't for everybody.

All this talk about Papers Please being a roguelike made me totally want an actual roguelike set in communist Russia, don't know why, but music would be soooo good, like I dunno the main theme of Hunt for Red October for Gameboy (also a good roguelike :D ).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thanks guys. I just built my computer in October so I missed out on the last time they were on sale. I've been watching since October but so far, no dice.

Do note that you may be waiting a while due to THQ closing/etc. If you can get them at -50%, defo get them while at that price. The -75% is nice, but don't hold out if you really want to play them.

Wait until Jan. 2nd, if they haven't been on Daily/Flash, buy them then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do note that you may be waiting a while due to THQ closing/etc. If you can get them at -50%, defo get them while at that price. The -75% is nice, but don't hold out if you really want to play them.

All three STALKER games are self-published by GSC World these days.

Thanks, I think I will take this advice.

nai

What is your sort of game?

Well, right now I'm waiting for new episodes of Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. But some other titles I love are Mass Effect. the Arkham games and Super Meat Boy. Generally I like those modern 2D side scrollers like Castle Crashers, Rocketbird, Shank and Mark of the Ninja. Right now I'm playing Mini Ninjas.

FACE

Banned
Flash, yes. I got them all that way.

Clear Sky generally goes on sale pretty often since it's the "last" one in the series, IIRC. But Shadows of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyt were both on sale in the summer.

That'd be Call of Pripyat.

Well, right now I'm waiting for new episodes of Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us. But some other titles I love are Mass Effect. the Arkham games and Super Meat Boy. Generally I like those modern 2D side scrollers like Castle Crashers, Rocketbird, Shank and Mark of the Ninja. Right now I'm playing Mini Ninjas.

What about Valdis Story or Dust: An Elysian Tail? They're metroidvanias but its worth to check.

derExperte

Do you already own Electronic Super Joy? If not you missed one deal you should've bought. Not that it's very expensive now.

Voted for Super House of Dead Ninjas. I've been looking to get it for a cheap price. I'm also hoping if it wins, Volgarr will be secretly discounted too seeing as they are both published by [adult swim] games.

derExperte

No, but thank you for the recommendation. I just bought it.

Niiiice. Maybe get Guacamelee! too, it's cheap here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/guacamelee_storefront

Voted for Super House of Dead Ninjas. I've been looking to get it for a cheap price. I'm also hoping if it wins, Volgarr will be secretly discounted too seeing as they are both published by [adult swim] games.

It won't, that mostly only happens to a game series when one goes on sale. Volgarr was a daily deal (midweek madness?) right before the sale, it will get it's own spot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn it, I accidentally accepted two of the same game as gifts... and now I can't find a way to find the "other" copy of the game. Anyone know what to do?

eU07QBm.png

HALP

deroli

I just wanted to say that the third video of the Train Simulator 2014 page is really great:
Youtube link
Makes me almost wanna play the game.
Bought Trackmania2 Stadium yesterday, forgot to purchase it during the autumn sale. But other than that, I don't see anything that I need to buy. Bulletstorm looks decent, but only 50% off during the flash sale?? Guess I'll wait and see what comes next...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How did you accept two of the same gift hahaha?
I don't know :(... I was on mobile hotmail and just mass accepted everything I got - like a moron

Yoshichan

Right-click the game in your library and select Properties, then click the DLC tab. Is the soundtrack listed?

Yes! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom