• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
One gift was just the game itself and the other the Soundtrack Edition. You could try asking Valve to return the former to your inventory as a gift item.
:lol holy shit

Aight thanks! Will do!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
:lol holy shit

Aight thanks! Will do!

I misspoke slightly: you'll want to ask that both be returned to your inventory (there may be issues requesting just the one since the standard edition gave you the game while the SE gave you the soundtrack, and I assume you'd like it). Valve does allow this with pre-orders, but since the game has been released I'm not sure how much luck you'll have.

bj00rn_

Banned
"Flash sale", does that mean that f.ex. "Papers, Please" will never go below that particular flash sale price during the entire holiday sale?

Anyway, I bought Sonar X3 Studio, it's a fantastic "game" :)

Divius

Has Just Cause 2 been on sale (either daily/flash/community) yet this sale? Want to jump into the MP mod with some mates, but one of them does not have the game yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So anyone think Payday 2 will be $10? Or was that flash sale the cheapest it'll get? If so I missed out :/

Flash will probably be the cheapest it goes. Unless there's a community vote, which I kinda doubt.

You missed it being $10 on Amazon for Thanksgiving, where were you for that when I had Drudge Sirens all up in the Steam Thanksgiving sale?

Has Just Cause 2 been on sale (either daily/flash/community) yet this sale? Want to jump into the MP mod with some mates, but one of them does not have the game yet.

It was a mid-week sale last week, when the mod launched. It was on sale until the start of this sale which it was a daily for IIRC. So yes.

xJavonta

Banned
Flash will probably be the cheapest it goes. Unless there's a community vote, which I kinda doubt.

You missed it being $10 on Amazon for Thanksgiving, where were you for that when I had Drudge Sirens all up in the Steam Thanksgiving sale?
Really? FUCK.
I think I bought like one game during thanksgiving, I had just bought a PS4 so that took up all of my attention lol

It was discounted when they released the mp mod, I remember buying it in a previous sale with a high base discount.

Divius

It was a mid-week sale last week, when the mod launched. It was on sale until the start of this sale which it was a daily for IIRC. So yes.

It was 80% the day before the sale.

It was discounted when they released the mp mod, I remember buying it in a previous sale with a high base discount.
Thanks for the replies. Let's hope that discount comes back once more then :D

--

top-of-the-page-edit:
iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Arthea

I'm not sure it was good idea to vote for Bulletztorm, we are giving impression that not removing GFWL is OK, when it is absolutely not OK.

Wanted to buy Memoria, ended buying Shogun 2 and TS2014 (><)

Thanks Arthea for Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale!

you welcome!

KlotePino

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but how good is the FF7 PC port that's on sale right now? Worth picking up if I still have FF7 on PS1 lying around that needs playing? :)

TheSeks

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but how good is the FF7 PC port that's on sale right now? Worth picking up if I still have FF7 on PS1 lying around that needs playing? :)

Ask yourself if you want achievements. They patched in .mp3's over the .midi's that it had but it's basically a port of a port of the PC version from 1997. Which wasn't a terribly great port, but serviceable.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Fuck. I bought Revengeance. Even if it's a shit game I think I really care about the story in this one. Like a lot. I normally don't care at all about stories in games.

KlotePino

Oh and I'd really like to finally pick up Bioshock 1 and 2 but have already played Infinite. So this amazing daily deal (13 bucks for all 3) isn't really that interesting to me while the Bioshock 1 + 2 bundle is still 10 bucks. Worth waiting for a possible daily deal or is this as low as it's gonna get?

TheSeks

...It's $10!? That's $5 for Bioshock 1/2!? Get it!?

Since Infinite is a Daily, it's unlikely 1/2 will go lower. Generally Dailies add their discounts to the series collections and that's it. If I remember right.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So played more Blade Symphony. I liked it at first, but as I play more of it, I'm liking it more and more! Like, I'm getting better at it, I found some maps I like a lot (surprising number for a game in early access), the music is great, and the community has been very friendly. A lot of people playing right now too. While it no longer is on sale, I would definitely recommend this game.

Copons

Would work better as a Rougelike.

I'd totally buy a first person runner platformer roguelike documents checker multiplayer only with a button just to shout a battle cry, set in communist Russia.
Better yet, if it had some metroidvania hints.

EDIT: oh, I see what you did there. :D

Anteater

I'm really liking alice's combat so far, I just don't like the lock-on system and the pepper grinder controls, could be better if I could aim quicker, I still am not used to the lock on and block, other than that I really like the evade and how quick alice is, the game is better than I expected.

Physx still slows shit down here and there but it runs well and looks good overall.

KlotePino

...It's $10!? That's $5 for Bioshock 1/2!? Get it!?

Since Infinite is a Daily, it's unlikely 1/2 will go lower. Generally Dailies add their discounts to the series collections and that's it. If I remember right.

Ask yourself if you want achievements. They patched in .mp3's over the .midi's that it had but it's basically a port of a port of the PC version from 1997. Which wasn't a terribly great port, but serviceable.

Thanks dude, guess I'll be picking up Bioshock 1/2 and skipping out on FF7. Little bummed out Minerva's Den isn't included though, I thought I read that it was added to Bioshock 2 but I guess that was just it's removal of GFWL/added to steam.

Eusis

It's funny, but I'd probably be more inclined to buy even FFXIII at that price than FFVII-IX. VII and VIII were just ports that got the job done but weren't particularly pretty, and I see more value in playing them on a handheld anyway. At least the fully 3D ones can benefit from higher resolutions and 60 FPS, while the 2D ones would be modern ports that COULD be perfect emulations if SE didn't fuck with them too much. But knowing how they seem to only remember people loved their old pixel art when it comes to fucking All The Bravest I'm more pessimistic about those kinds of options there.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has been on sale before, but I warn you its such a weird game when it comes to sales. It went like, super cheap in October/November of 2012, and it hasn't seen any sort of discount since (the time it was on sale that much was when there was that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game thing on Kickstarter or something like that). Before that sale it wasn't on sale much either.

But when it was on sale, it was stupidly inexpensive.

Gregorn

Fuck. I bought Revengeance. Even if it's a shit game I think I really care about the story in this one. Like a lot. I normally don't care at all about stories in games.

Errr...have you experienced a story in a platinum game before? I don't think anyone plays them for the story...

Real dialog from the 2013 GotY said:
Is your cause just, or is that just what you tell yourself?

Fuck you!

dani_dc

Thanks dude, guess I'll be picking up Bioshock 1/2 and skipping out on FF7. Little bummed out Minerva's Den isn't included though, I thought I read that it was added to Bioshock 2 but I guess that was just it's removal of GFWL/added to steam.

Minerva's Den was updated into the game for those that already owned the game at the time of the update, that's probably where your confusion comes from.

Ghost Recon is on Steam?

I got it on GoG like two months back
Need to get to it eventually... too huge a backlog. D:
when it was on Sale during their shooter sale but haven't gotten around to it.

If it's on Steam, I'll kick myself in the ass unless the Steam version simply doesn't run on Win8.

Oh damn it is.

Oh, wow. The collection meanwhile: Not a good price for either Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six. I do see your complaining for that.

And it's $5. WTF are you complaining about? It going -75% would be like $2.50 or so. For $5 Ghost Recon classic is a steal! D:

And deny myself the joy of buying on a daily deal? No way!
I'd like to get the bundles but I often restrain myself (when they add up) due to ...reasons.

And until the last day of the sale...
iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom