• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

My first giveaway as promised.

Very generous, I don't get this bit though

"The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve."

Do you have a limited time to redeem otherwise the key is given to someone else?

I was thinking of doing the same but when do you think this will happen?

Honestly? Like 2-3 weeks after it releases.

How do I go about making a modbot giveaway with something in my inventory?

I've had a copy of Monaco collecting dust in there since summer sale, no idea why I bought it

I've had a copy of Monaco collecting dust in there since summer sale, no idea why I bought it

Gift it to your own email then use the link that you receive as the key ( removing your email from it )

I think that's how you do it.

How can a bureaucracy-em-up / paperwork-em-up (or whatever you would use to describe Papers, Please) be so fun (not even sure if that is the right word either)?

I've only played around an hour but things are getting more and more involving.
Bribes are good. So far any way.

Divius

You can send yourself a steam gift through email, and send modbot the GIFT'S URL. Thus you can use it.

5dfTeqM.png

When you receive the email, scroll to the bottom. There will be a section titled, 'To receive your gift:' and a url below it.

Enter that URL in a PM to modbot.

(I got this info from a magical place called the OP)

AppleBlade

Used my Gamestop power up points to pick up a free $20 steam card and used it to buy Far Cry 3 and Dishonored! Awesome! Now I just need some portable device to play these on (wife, 2 children 2 years and under, apartment living, and a busy life) because those are the only devices I can seem to find time to play (Vita is my most played system of the last 2 years).

Razer Edge is the closest to what I want, I know I won't be able to stand the Nvidia Shield, someone else make handheld gaming PC's please, or Razer get your act together and make the accessories/increase the quality of your offering por favor.

holysan

Can't purchase Fallout New Vegas Ultimate from the uplay store, always get "payment authorization failed". Maybe that's because of vpn, dunno. I don't want to order it from my country's store, since I live in Germany. Game is censored here : (

Sajjaja

Very generous, I don't get this bit though

"The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve."

Do you have a limited time to redeem otherwise the key is given to someone else?

No, it's that if no one enters the raffle, then it becomes a first come first serve give away. There is no time limit to redeem the game if you already won.

Is Bulletstorm any good? Pretty cheap and I'm tempted

Awesome game. Totally worth $5. Very underappreciated and overlooked. Also, one of the best advertising shticks ever.

Deadly

What's up with Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut? It's discounted by 50% to 9.99 but I own the original and missing link. Will it update in cart?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reposting some leftovers from yesterday's giveaway, some decent stuff still there like Kings Bounty or Adventures of Shuggy (and some people sware by the Men of War games, I havent played them). Anyway, better than leaving the keys to rot

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock -- -- MB-39D154B9F64DA886 - Taken by JPizzle84
Men of War Red Tide -- -- MB-7EC6D8F966AE0500
Alien Shooter 2 -- -- MB-B6CCA4D743A44D62
Men of War -- -- MB-14D6213FF2C4093B - Taken by runnin_blue
And Yet It Moves -- -- MB-7BE30C0A4AB3BBC3 - Taken by Evo X
King's Bounty The Legend -- -- MB-01F544F707BFE7D4 - Taken by Melhisedek
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- -- MB-87AF3B980CE6CA40
Adventures of Shuggy -- -- MB-8420DD0735D00143 - Taken by Original Famous Ray
Hacker Evolution Duality #3 -- -- MB-35E98C0652BFA012
Serious Sam HD 1 -- -- MB-4EEB611B61187CB1 - Taken by drgambit
Red Orchestra 41-45 -- -- MB-4E2DE7D441CB17CC - Taken by Ezalc

-MD-

What's up with Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut? It's discounted by 50% to 9.99 but I own the original and missing link. Will it update in cart?

It was supposed to be 4.99 for me since I owned base+DLC but it gave me a 9.99 price earlier even in my cart.

Jørdan

Shows the same for me too, it was 75% before the sale. Maybe an unintended issue arose from the sale discount?

Can't purchase Fallout New Vegas Ultimate from the uplay store, always get "payment authorization failed". Maybe that's because of vpn, dunno. I don't want to order it from my country's store, since I live in Germany. Game is censored here : (

If you can paypal the money I can help you with getting an uncensored version from the Steam store. If anyone else needs help buying from the Steam store I can help as well. Either PM me or send me a friend request through Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538/

Thanks for the help, lads. Hopefully I got this right

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Monaco -- MB-07555BDC2377A87E - Taken by GasProblem

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A number of people have mentioned that they submitted keys to Modbot and then regretted not using a different set of keys. The solution to this problem is to submit the keys again. You only need to nuke keys if the keys are claimed by someone and you want to give them away again. Otherwise you can just resubmit.

Also, and I have no idea how this wasn't clear:
Modbot is an unofficial, third party script. It's not affiliated with NeoGAF. No other GAF moderator can help you with it. Don't ask other moderators for support with ModBot. If this is confusing and it keeps up, I can't allow ModBot to continue.

Can I purchase a game on my PC and gift it to someone with a MAC?

it's deponia which is supposed to be steamworks, also since I already own it how can I buy it?

I want to gift it my step mother.

Vodh

Hey guys! I love these threads, I've won and I've given away a few games in the past, but what's the best part of these is the community. I love the festive atmosphere and I love you guys, so now that it's available on Steam I can think of no better game to give away. It's been my favourite video game since forever and lately only TLoU has appeared to shake its position.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Final Fantasy VII -- MB-088F81C6A0367A46 - Taken by Addnan. 15 entrants total.

t1387632971z1.png

It would be amazing if the winner was someone who has never played it, but as long as you really, really want to play it don't feel guilty about entering at all! I hope whoever wins this enjoys the game! (Also pls PM me when you successfuly redeem it, I'm always afraid I've fucked something up with the codes and whatnot :D)

Risk of Rain is awesome. I can't even make it to the second teleporter yet, but I really like how you have to be mindful of how much time you're spending on each stage. If you were able to just grind without consequence then I think starting over would be a pain.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just a reminder that there are still 12 hours left to enter the raffle for a chance to win Guacamelee! Gold Edition - Papers, Please - The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC - Solar 2 - Dear Esther, all in one package because I suck at using the humble store.

You might want to repost the giveaway itself on this page. ModBot's auto-edit function works slightly differently for 24 hour raffles and the combo of the short raffle and long raffle in the same post might confuse it. It's not necessarily a big deal, the giveaway will still work fine and you'll get your receipt via PM, but the auto-edit might fail.

Hey guys! I love these threads, I've won and I've given away a few games in the past, but what's the best part of these is the community. I love the festive atmosphere and I love you guys, so now that it's available on Steam I can think of no better game to give away. It's been my favourite video game since forever and lately only TLoU has appeared to shake its position.

It would be amazing if the winner was someone who has never played it, but as long as you really, really want to play it don't feel guilty about entering at all! I hope whoever wins this enjoys the game! (Also pls PM me when you successfuly redeem it, I'm always afraid I've fucked something up with the codes and whatnot :D)

Awesome giveaway :D

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Modbot is an unofficial, third party script. It's not affiliated with NeoGAF. No other GAF moderator can help you with it. Don't ask other moderators for support with ModBot. If this is confusing and it keeps up, I can't allow ModBot to continue.

Well that sucks.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
So I just turned down sex in order to continue my ever vigilant and constant monitoring of digital download sites in search of the ultimate Steam bargain. I don't want to miss a price mistake this year. Not on my watch.

Blearth

Banned
Here goes nothing. In case there is anyone who doesn't own it.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Portal -- MB-7BA3C5499209E875 - Taken by Alduin

Kifimbo

One more. Nothing special.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Medal of Honor -- MB-9E1FB8DD7145014B - Taken by Vodh

Evo X

So I just turned down sex in order to continue my ever vigilant and constant monitoring of digital download sites in search of the ultimate Steam bargain. I don't want to miss a price mistake this year. Not on my watch.

New deals aren't going up for another 4 and a half hours. Think that should be enough time to get your rocks off. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom