• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Last night before I went out I had £5.07 in wallet fund and spent £0.67 on cards to craft and got 2 Warframe thingies which I popped on the market. When I checked this morning I've now got £10.43 in wallet funds. Feels good.

For those on the fence about Bulletstorm, consider this:

Game is damn good looking. And it plays like like a dream.

Plus it's got really modest system requirements. Downsamples brilliantly whilst still maintaining a decent frame rate.

GFWL aside is incredibly overlooked.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ugh, just discovered that i was too late yesterday with fund transfer to my online shopping account and money for Steam wallet will be available on Monday at 00:15 at earliest :|

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I don't know if it just never clicked or it's overly complicated or that they just weren't direct enough for the hacking.

Hacking doors is just following the paths to match circuits up in the order of which the bubble numbers are ordered.

Hacking comps is a bit more annoying, you basically look for whichever sequences of numbers aren't moving (that match the two sets of numbers you can manipulate), you overlay your numbers on the grid, and then hit enter/A. However, the numbers will move eventually, so there is that to be concerned with.

There are one or two items which can lower the internal level of the hack (some inlay for your suit), and if nothing else, for critical stuff, you can EMP it to buypass it, I think.

Knurek

If there's one game you shouldn't buy on the sale, it's Bulletstorm.
Seriously, this cannot be repeated enough: The Game requires GFWL to be online at all time, even for single player content. GFWL is going away in half a year. Epic cares fuck all for PCs. THE GAME WILL BE UNPLAYABLE IN HALF A YEAR

Arthea

Last night before I went out I had £5.07 in wallet fund and spent £0.67 on cards to craft and got 2 Warframe thingies which I popped on the market. When I checked this morning I've now got £10.43 in wallet funds. Fells good.

I finally scored rare item... and its price was already bellow 2€
So you really was lucky with those Warframe thingies.

Seriously, this cannot be repeated enough: [bThe Game requires GFWL to be online at all time, even for single player content. GFWL is going away in half a year. Epic cares fuck all for PCs. THE GAME WILL BE UNPLAYABLE IN HALF A YEAR[/b]

I tried to reason with them, didn't work :(

ugh, just discovered that i was too late yesterday with fund transfer to my online shopping account and money for Steam wallet will be available on Monday at 00:15 at earliest :|

How much do you need? Maybe we can work some PayPal if it would help you out? I'd hate to miss something and want on a sale myself..

Enco

Amazing giveaway, I won something last night from thecharr, should I not enter this one?
I haven't put that into the rules so you should be able to.

I don't personally mind.

Glad you guys like it but don't give me too much credit. I got it for free. I think I have a couple more keys (not as exciting) laying around so I'll have a look.

smr00

Banned
Seriously, this cannot be repeated enough: The Game requires GFWL to be online at all time, even for single player content. GFWL is going away in half a year. Epic cares fuck all for PCs. THE GAME WILL BE UNPLAYABLE IN HALF A YEAR
Is there absolutely 0 way of bypassing the GFWL DRM?

Maybe in the "grey" area of the internet.

Hacking doors is just following the paths to match circuits up in the order of which the bubble numbers are ordered.

Hacking comps is a bit more annoying, you basically look for whichever sequences of numbers aren't moving (that match the two sets of numbers you can manipulate), you overlay your numbers on the grid, and then hit enter/A. However, the numbers will move eventually, so there is that to be concerned with.

There are one or two items which can lower the internal level of the hack (some inlay for your suit), and if nothing else, for critical stuff, you can EMP it to buypass it, I think.
I may end up just passing. The Hacking seems overly complicated and i remember being frustrated on the 360 version and selling it off.

I figured on PC there would be a mod or cheat engine or something that could either just let me bypass that nonsense or maybe give me unlimited time. I am old and my hand/eye coordination is in the pooper.

I haven't put that into the rules so you should be able to.

I don't personally mind.

Glad you guys like it but don't give me too much credit. I got it for free. I think I have a couple more keys (not as exciting) laying around so I'll have a look.

I just didn't want to enter and offend you. But with your blessing, I shall! I look forward to playing this game on the off chance my raffle is pulled! I'll think about something to give away here, I like this bot.

- Epic said they are discussing what to do about it.
- In case they choose to do nothing you can crack it and play it that way. Maybe the MP modes (if the game had any, can't quite remember) will be unplayable but I sincerely doubt you would be able to find online players anyway!

I agree it's important to let people know about it before they purchase it though.

Unless ModBot needs its gears greased there's still four unclaimed games left in my giveaway a bunch of pages back.
Don't know how ModBot operates, but I do not believe this post will update when the keys are claimed, just the original post above.

Steam
Gish -- MB-BBC92CF14AAE8CB7 - Taken by Kiru

Origin
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-2D0A48A097F68E07 - Taken by Mikurden
Dead Space -- MB-C053B16B7E0CE5AF - Taken by Spirited
Medal of Honor -- MB-71669DD6657FEFED

To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line above that corresponds to the key you want. You can entry for multiple games on the list above. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

inter

Damn, I just bought Tomb Raider on Amazon for $8 this morning only to just find out it's gonna be $4.99 on 12/14, haha.

derExperte

One could argue that because of that everyone should buy and instantly play the game. Last chance.

Parsnip

holy shit...Papers, Please is awesome, you guys weren't kidding

anyone have a issue where it just boots back to the desktop every few minutes? the game doesnt crash, and it actually pauses, but it is annoying

It sounds somewhat similar to an issue I was having with some programs, where googleupdater (for chrome) would steal the focus from the fullscreen application. Never figured out how to stop the damn thing to do that, other than disabling the updater entirely.

For those on the fence about Bulletstorm, consider this:

iqZt2IdJ4erXs.png

Game is damn good looking. And it plays like like a dream.
Pointing at the shitty skybox I see.

smr00

Banned
Burial at Sea takes place after [and refers heavily to the events of] Infinite, so the narrative wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.
As someone who never played Bioshock 1 or 2 but played Infinite i am interested in knowing if Burial at Sea is like Bioshock 1 and 2 in the sense that it has a lot of cheap scares. You know, jump scares. That stuff put me off the first 2 games and it's one of the reasons i have been holding back on playing Burial.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Day 8 on Papers, Please and I'm barely breaking even (in fact on day 7 I had to go without heat!), I have a bad feeling about this guys :( I also let someone in I knew I shouldn't have, I couldn't say no in this particular situation even if its just a computer person >_<

I absolutely love how every new day / level it gives you something new

Sajjaja

And then you can petition Valve for a refund because the game will be dead. Even then, there are cracked versions out there and you can use since you have the license to use the game. I see no downside.

The game is great, Epic said they were looking to get past the GFWL service as well.

Also, straight from the horses mouth:
There has been some confusion about 'online' and 'offline' usage of Bulletstorm (and Games for Windows - LIVE in general). Please let me try to make things clearer:

You can sign in 'offline' with a LIVE Enabled profile. This actually happens automatically when there is no internet connection available on your computer when you click 'sign in' for your LIVE account. This allows the user to still have access to their saved games, get achievements, etc while they may not have a connection to the internet.

An 'Offline Profile' is a temporary profile that only exists on your computer and can not connect to LIVE. Most GFWL games allow users to play localy without a LIVE account through this. However since these accounts can't connect to LIVE they are unable to play multiplayer, gain achievements, use downloadable content, etc.

Bulletstorm requires the profile to be able to connect to LIVE in order to play the game and to have a registered 5x5 key that was included with the game. However this does not mean that you can't play single player with that profile in the 'offline' mode described 2 paragraphs above. So if you are out and about traveling or don't have a reliable internet connection you can still enjoy Bulletstorm's single player experience. When asked to 'sign in' just select your LIVE account / profile and it will tell you that it has signed your profile in 'offline' mode. If you then move to a location where there is an internet connection you can open the GFWL Guide with the HOME key and select 'Connect to LIVE' to connect to the service once again.

I hope that clears up some confusion that there has been about this. So in short you CAN play Bulletstorm without an internet connection, after you have successfully loaded / recovered your LIVE Enabled account for the game to your PC once and successfully submitted your 5x5 LIVE access key for the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I was in a family outing the whole day. Thank Gaben for Steam mobile. Manage to vote.

With that said I kinda missed out Risk of Rain being the community choice (I really don't want to transact via mobile), but I guess it'll eventually come out as a daily.

By the way, I'm still looking for someone to help me buying MGR through nuuvem. I hope someone could help me.

fantomena

Any game pub/dev which don't remove GFWL when it shuts down next year will get a lot of trouble with the consumer bureau called Consumer Council. If there is a product which releases in Norway or have been released and something changes so it does not work properly the Consumer Council can ban the company behind the problem, sue them and make sure every consumer get's back their money.

If the Xbone restrictions never were removed the Xbone would be banned in Norway.

smr00

Banned
Dumb question, contact them now or when it goes on sale for $4.99? I'm not sure if the pricing is "official" anywhere to reference it.
If you can find official pricing do it now, otherwise wait.

They are really good about PMing price drops that happen a few days and even up to a week after purchasing.

The_Monk

Can you click "Play" on a Steam game but then you find it hard, close the game and in less than 10 minutes you are back only to find that sweet feel of reward based on your skill and determination not to mention that, this time you are paying more attention to something that, in fact was not that hard but because so many recent games hold your hand you loose the perception of such basic rules when fighting enemies?

Dark Souls

Ok, just got FF8 and Bulletstorm. Hoping for Lego Marvel to be reduced heavily. also looking for the Kingsquest pack, the prototype games, and the borderlands 2 psycho/mechromancer dlc packs. capped myself at 50$ this time, spent way way too much over the summer sale. Also realized a shitton more of my games have cards, so am idling to create more revenue.

legacyzero

Banned
Can you click "Play" on a Steam game but then you find it hard, close the game and in less than 10 minutes you are back only to find that sweet feel of reward based on your skill and determination not to mention that, this time you are paying more attention to something that, in fact was not that hard but because so many recent games hold your hand you loose the perception of such basic rules when fighting enemies?

Dark Souls

DAMMIT, I need to play this game more. I stopped right as I got to that super dark cave with the giant skeletons. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE"

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Please work I'm not paying 15$ for this

Even if it does work (which I'll probably end up testing shortly), you're still paying 15 bucks for the next one, unless you're willing to wait for the next steam sale, or another price glitch/discount elsewhere.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ok, just got FF8 and Bulletstorm. Hoping for Lego Marvel to be reduced heavily. also looking for the Kingsquest pack, the prototype games, and the borderlands 2 psycho/mechromancer dlc packs. capped myself at 50$ this time, spent way way too much over the summer sale. Also realized a shitton more of my games have cards, so am idling to create more revenue.

CAG just posted this on twitter:

Lego Marvel (PC-Steam) $12 after coupon code GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49 at Green Man Gaming. ow.ly/rYPqZ

Super House of Dead Ninjas is GOTY material, btw

It really is. I just wish the other Adult Swim produced games were oat 75% as well.

wazoo

It is quite easy to see which GFWL will not be patched, games from defunct/"shift to mobile" are most likely not patched. Most games also work in offline modes and most games have currently - do not be naive - have a completely barren and empty multiplayer mode.

Bulletstorm is one of the most problematic games, together with Dirt 3 (which will be patched) and Dark Souls (most likely). Ace Combat also is unknown.

Games from Bizarre, Disney subsidiaries, MS games will probably be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom