• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Are you absolutely sure? Was the region restriction only for steamstore gifts?

Can someone confirm/deny this?

keys are region free

you'd need a vpn to buy from nuuvem (or get someone to gift it to ya), but you wont need to do anything to activate it on steam just fine

Jusoni

Can you use the xbox controller for FF7? It says "partial controller support" on steam, but not sure what that means.

Yeah you can. FF7 requires you to login to square-enixes own service, which you can't do with a pad. Hence only partial controller support.

Divius

I think I reached one of the last areas in FEZ but need more cubes, which I guess means I have a lot of backtracking to do. I don't really want to warp back, check which door leads where, but I guess I will have to.

Colin.

Voted for House of the Dead Ninjas. Been thinking about getting it for a while, and the lowest discount previously has only been 50% IIRC. Where as The Pit is only a 5% difference to what it is currently.

zomg

Just woke up and found the best holiday gift ever on my account. Someone gifted me MGR out of the blue for steam. I'm so touched that I'm just gonna gift him something nice in return. I'm so very touched. ;______;

Tesseract

Banned
Are you looking at selling or buying? When you sell there are two categories. One is clearly labeled "what buyer pays' and the other is "what you receive". If you are buying all you have to do is go to the market and pick one.

hm, thanks!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I think I reached one of the last areas in FEZ but need more cubes, which I guess means I have a lot of backtracking to do. I don't really want to warp back, check which door leads where, but I guess I will have to.

The map shows you areas that have unexplored exits.

There's also hidden areas.

The_Monk

zomg

Just woke up and found the best christmas gif ever on my steam. Someone gifted me MGR out of the blue. I'm so touched that I'm just gonna gift him something nice back. I'm so very touched. ;______;

YES, emotions!

Haha, congrats fellow GAFfer, the holiday spirit is among you. :)

This will be $12 at Amazon on Tuesday/Wednesday.

EDIT: I see GMG has this right now for $12 as well. Keep in mind that Amazon gives you a $5 voucher towards one of their Editors' Choice games in January as well, if that persuades you. Or go with GMG if you need it NOW NOW NOW!

Oooh, I'll wait for the amazon sale I think. Thanks guys.

JakeD

I checked SlickDeals and apparently it was $5 on Amazon at one point.

just checked and that version seems to be suspect on whether it activates on steam or not....even the one i linked before isnt steam.. THIS seems to be the correct one

amazon really needs to organize their "packs" a little better

smr00

Banned
If he or she's on GAF, he or she likely has it already.
I don't know.. I have like 50 people from GAF on my FL and only 7 have Bad Rats.

I don't even own it. I had 2 people try to gift it to me and i shut that shit down. I take pride in not owning that game.

Ensirius

I don't know.. I have like 50 people from GAF on my FL and only 7 have Bad Rats.

I don't even own it. I had 2 people try to gift it to me and i shut that shit down. I take pride in not owning that game.

You're crazy.

Bad rats is The Departed of indie games

gabbo

I dont have it

each time I get it gifted and everyone thinks they're so clever I just store it in my inventory

fuck y'all
I don't have it either, I guess I thought it was more prevalent among GAF than it is

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah, Steam should really warn people about changing payment methods and being barred from the market :/

JakeD

not only do i have bad rats, i actually paid money for it (like a dollar or two) and i installed it and played it. i lose.

Li Kao

Fuck, all I want so far in this sale is either not discounted (DayZ) or very weakly discounted (a lot of 25-33%, Assetto Corsa).
Must resist, think of the bill...

smr00

Banned
not only do i have bad rats, i actually paid money for it (like a dollar or two) and i installed it and played it. i lose.
why.gif

Radio

Just received an Assassin's Creed foil. If it sells within the next two hours, the proceeds will be used to purchase either Papers, Please, or ten copies of Bad Rats. I will do it blindfolded.

Speaking of Bad Rats, has it ever been a top seller? That should be something that happens.

LProtag

So far I've only bought Starbound, which wasn't even on sale. I did get 5 bucks off from selling a foil globe though, so I can justify this by saying it was technically on sale... well, cheaper due to the sale. Good enough!

Derrick01

Banned
I really want Bulletstorm but not another GFWL hassle. Someone talk me down.

It's a really fun game but I wouldn't take the risk until GFWL is out, unless you want to play it now and maybe 1 other time before GFWL goes down next year and are ok with that. Maybe they'll patch it out, maybe they won't.

MNC

keys are region free

you'd need a vpn to buy from nuuvem (or get someone to gift it to ya), but you wont need to do anything to activate it on steam just fine

I got Sonic from there without gifting. Am I magical?

Anyway I'm coming after you fucker if it's not gonna work.

Li Kao

So far I've only bought Starbound, which wasn't even on sale. I did get 5 bucks off from selling a foil globe though, so I can justify this by saying it was technically on sale... well, cheaper due to the sale. Good enough!

Which begs the question : I know that one should always wait for the dailies, but has it ever happened that a game that wasn't discounted at all be included in a daily ?
Not really asking for DayZ, with the recent release and huge success I don't see any reason for it to go on sale.

YES, emotions!

Haha, congrats fellow GAFfer, the holiday spirit is among you. :)
The Holiday Ninja is upon me. Already gifted a different friend FEZ and it's soundtrack. Next is the gift giver. I can't afford many gifts, but I'll go out of my way for Captain Nate too since this saved me at least $15.

Captain Nate (steam ID) is already gifted

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nyoronoru
Metal_Gear_Rising_Revengeance_-_Raiden_assorbe_nanoriparatori_zps70c5df6a.gif

who was it

im gonna gift him bad rats
Captain Nate (steam ID) http://steamcommunity.com/id/Nyoronoru

Gift givers deserve gifts. I am a bit hesitant to put his name out there, but dude is a nice guy so why not?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
on the fence about Metal Gear Rising

It's only 20 bucks, but then again I haven't paid 20 bucks for a PC game in a long-ass time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom