• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

god. castlevania is beautiful.

not only that but there are layers of combat depth that get added. I'm in chapter 2 now and not only do I have this really cool health regen mechanic that works off of my magic meter but I also have a combo meter that serves as a way to replenish my magic meter if I fight well enough.

it's all flowing into this really nice synchronicity. I can't wait to get more experience to unlock the more expensive moves.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
on the fence about Metal Gear Rising

It's only 20 bucks, but then again I haven't paid 20 bucks for a PC game in a long-ass time

$14.24 if you buy it from Nuuvem. All you need is a Visa or Master Card and a paypal account.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Made one snowglobe card just from buying a few cards for badges I've been trading around for, got a common warframe skin, sold it for 2-something, ended up making money.

Gonna sell everything, now.

The_Monk

NEED ADVISE!

should i buy Nether, Yes or No ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247730/

I should post here a link to a video from a GAFfer that he broadcast for an hour. It's about one hour of gameplay, I remember watching it and it was good enough if you wallet agree with the price.

EDIT: Found it!

On Nether, I made a video of it earlier today for the people who wanted some things on Nether: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem/b/488953888

On opinion, while it's in beta and still very rough around the edges, it has some good fun to be had. Fun with friends, the monsters are varied and interesting, some good exploration element, and random events are nice to have. It still has a lot of features, fixes, and the like to have implemented (the game has two bigger updates each month so far, with the last update being four days ago that added some new items, added a new enemy known as the golem, and added subway tunnels), but is fun as it is now and promising for the future. Just know if you pick it up now it is all still very janky, and while a survival type game, it is more game-y than something like Day Z (you have levels, skill points, events, etc.)

god. castlevania is beautiful.

not only that but there are layers of combat depth that get added. I'm in chapter 2 now and not only do I have this really cool health regen mechanic that works off of my magic meter but I also have a combo meter that serves as a way to replenish my magic meter if I fight well enough.

it's all flowing into this really nice synchronicity. I can't wait to get more experience to unlock the more expensive moves.

It is indeed, based on your screenshots. They look great! :)

Momentary

Banned
MGR seems to be selling super well. Knowing that other popular sites are offering the game at 14~16 bucks, it's remained in the top 5 on Steam at the same time.

Theecliff

Banned
Should I get Monaco when I have no friends to play co-op on it with me? It's been on my wishlist for a while but I've been on the fence, only got an hour and a bit left to make the decision.

Has Papers, Please gone below $5 before? I felt kinda dumb for buying it for $5, figuring it would go lower at the Christmas sale, but it looks like it's stubbornly sitting at 50%.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Has Papers, Please gone below $5 before? I felt kinda dumb for buying it for $5, figuring it would go lower at the Christmas sale, but it looks like it's stubbornly sitting at 50%.

That is the lowest I have seen it. IIRC I bought it from Humble store for the same discount. Well worth it, you made a wise choice.

Let's try this.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fez -- MB-C2839C34BD65913C - Taken by rockx4. 9 entrants total.

t1387643727z1.png

Am I getting these trading cards for simply having the game open..? I thought I had to "find" them? I have had the Secret World launch window open for a few hours and I've received two cards.

gabbo

Not since release. $5 looks to be your best bet, since flash deals rarely ever change price as dailies

smr00

Banned
3 days in and i have only spent $5 which is both depressing and great.

I did get Mafia 2 off GMG but nothing on steam (daily wise) has really caught my attention. I have quite a few things i will end up picking up at the end of the sale but hoping those get another 10-25% knocked off. Rambling aside, any chance on Castlevania hitting that 75% off mark? Tempted to just buy it at $15 but i feel like like it will end up being a daily.

MGR seems to be selling super well. Knowing that other popular sites are offering the game at 14~16 bucks, it's remained in the top 5 on Steam at the same time.
I hope this sends Konami the message loud and clear. Treat the audience half decent with great games and there is a lot of money to be made. MGS games should come to PC sooner rather than later and preferably with the best possible resolution options. :p

redfirm

Banned
I should post here a link to a video from a GAFfer that he broadcast for an hour. It's about one hour of gameplay, I remember watching it and it was good enough if you wallet agree with the price.

EDIT: Found it!

It is indeed, based on your screenshots. They look great! :)

thanks man, i am going to wait and see. i watched the videos and Its missing a few things i enjoy.

I've taken more than a few keys from you generous lot so I think it's high time I gave some away. Nothing too exciting, but hopefully some of you can get a bit of fun out of them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Cosmic Schwung:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest -- MB-6181813E431052E3 - Taken by jhawk6
Mirror's Edge: -- MB-21E1B8E46CF7CCFD - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Dead Space -- MB-95477C4431F31556 - Taken by Arukado
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-F39AD8F3DA519DA4 - Taken by KenOD
King's Bounty: Armored Princess -- MB-47C16145362006E4 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Dear Esther -- MB-6F531065FE6BEDE8 - Taken by C4rter
Dawn of War Gold: -- MB-AD8842B8DD4BBA28 - Taken by Kirosia
Limbo -- MB-4574C291D71A9D2E - Taken by Leg-End

found some old steam keys for anyone that wants them.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Faction -- MB-8C0A3A52DF53F263 - Taken by Coppanuva. 8 entrants total.
Titan Quest -- MB-C19C755DE58BDEDA - Taken by FauX. 4 entrants total.

t1387644402z1.png

Note - Red Faction is actually Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC. The mighty Modbot must have screwed up somehow.

gngf123

found some old steam keys for anyone that wants them.

Note - Red Faction is actually Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC. The mighty Modbot must have screwed up somehow.

Most likely Modbot got confused by the :. When a game has a :, -, or | in the name you are meant to use the same symbol to separate the key from the name so it doesn't get confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom