• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So the amazon spread sheet has over 2000 games on sale....anyone navigated it and find any epic deals?
I kind of wish there was an on-going Amazon thread, because weird stuff just gets lost because of the huge SNR. Well, either that or I just need to keep CAG open. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone play Papers, Please? Thoughts?

im on day...15? something like that, and its quite amazing. Will most likely be in my top 10 for the year, who knew? (well except everyone that said it was awesome)

Watch the quicklook, its a good indication of what to expect (and its nice to hear Jeff like a game for once ^_^)

Despite the stupid storyline and Max being drunk and pathetic for nearly the entirety of it, MP3's gunplay is among the best in a third-person shooter. Worth it for that.

But if it can go cheaper, let it go cheaper.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Good day SteamGaf!
What's better then waiting for and buying lot's of daily and flash sale games? Why, free games, ofcourse!
Here's one of my favorite games of this year. I hope that whoever takes it has as much fun with it as I had. :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! -- MB-F465C300BB520383 - Taken by fspm. 31 entrants total.

t1387645211z1.png

Yo-ho-ho and all that jazz.
Accidentialy bought it twice, since I missed the this is a gift box on the HumbleBundle website. :')
Ah well, triple-dip it is. Curious to see what the Gold Edition holds. DrinkBox deserves every penny.

Japle

Neo Member
Received a "Winter Offensive Weapon Case" in CS:GO, should I sell it for 2.30€ or wait over the sale when those cases won't drop anymore? How have things gone in the past, for example for TF2?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm still waiting for the fighting game deals. Tomb Raider also hasn't been discounted yet iirc. It's a bit slow right now.

its still day 3 but yeah, semi agree. At least every sale this timeis lukewarm (amazon and GMG are even farther from what they've done in the past than Steam is), although that is not actually a good thing :p

Or we all just have all the games already, that doesnt help :)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hooray for the mac store working with the Infinite DLC for Windows (still mad I missed the season pass discount, lol), but holy crap, Burial at Sea pt. 1 is 5.4 gigs.

gngf123

I'd highly recommend people play the free beta of Papers, Please before buying it.

It is really well put together, but it really isn't my kind of game. Finding myself getting actually rather bored with it already after only 20 minutes or so.

LuuKyK

I think I will resist and not buy a single game this time. I have way too many games to start/finish already.

Hold me.

vg260

Of course! Get Snow Globes via community votes, purchases or by crafting other badges. Craft Snow Globes and sell off f2p items for coin. Win-Win.

I haven't bothered to to go through the crafting process and just sell of cards as I get them. What kind of coin are we talkin here?

Dr Dogg

Hooray for the mac store working with the Infinite DLC for Windows (still mad I missed the season pass discount, lol), but holy crap, Burial at Sea pt. 1 is 5.4 gigs.

Season pass added 10.1 gig for me so god knows how big Class in the Clouds was as well as the other stuff.

I haven't bothered to to go through the crafting process and just sell of cards as I get them. What kind of coin are we talkin here?

Really depends on what you get. I got around £6 for 2 Warframe items but the DOTA 2 and PoE ones I've got are penny's. Still I'm not going to drop £30-£40 on cards to speculate f2p drops. Just happy to get a full set by community involvement and then make a bit on the side.

smr00

Banned
I'd highly recommend people play the free beta of Papers, Please before buying it.

It is really well put together, but it really isn't my kind of game. Finding myself getting actually rather bored with it already after only 20 minutes or so.
Game never clicked with me that's why i didn't bite on it.

It's not a bad game, it's not overly hard or anything i just found it boring.

Is it just me or have the sales been lukewarm so far?
Yeah but i also bought most of the games i really wanted in the summer sale. If i didn't already buy quite a few of these have been on the daily stuff i would be $50 deep by now at the very least.

Enco

The Wolf Among Us -- MB-64C1B382C59A22B7 - Taken by Ryne. 83 entrants total.
Congrats!

Wasn't expecting so many entrants... Let me know if they key doesn't work. Condolences to those who lost. I'll make another giveaway in a few mins.

Received a "Winter Offensive Weapon Case" in CS:GO, should I sell it for 2.30€ or wait over the sale when those cases won't drop anymore? How have things gone in the past, for example for TF2?

Do those drop from just playing the game? I am going to idle go all day if so!

rtcn63

Game never clicked with me that's why i didn't bite on it.

It's not a bad game, it's not overly hard or anything i just found it boring.

This is true for most of the lauded indie games, I think. They're meant for a certain niche segment, but as long as those people love the game, all good I guess.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I just got back from various life duties and what do I find. Super House Of Dead Ninjas. If you haven't voted for it, vote it and get one of the best games on Steam.

Rewards skill.
Challenging, but after time it becomes easy, luckily there is a harder mode for the true ending. Then an even harder mode to get out of DLC (on sale now). Finally a never ending mode to go for high score or just because you are having so much fun.
Small tasks to do in a game or through games that challenge you to do better (or just keep playing) to unlock items that can help you out. All optional for the most part.
Numerous weapon and bombs to try out as you unlock them. Kill dead ninjas with a handgun or a light saber or a boomerang and plenty more.
Behead a giant chicken.
Smooth action all the way down in the best side scrolling action game that the SNES never got.
It's fast and frantic, driving down numerous floors of a huge tower or through a hell like dimension, killing or avoiding enemies in such a hectic pace the actual SNES would never have been able to process it fast enough. For the player, you can get in just such a groove that you barely notice the speed as it feel just right.
However for those that want to take their time, it has enough leeway once you get good enough to take your time to kill everything with a variety of weapons so you can go at a slow speed. You will still need to collect a time power up to reset a clock ticking down, but outside of the harder modes, it's not worrisome at all.

Even if the vote doesn't go through, you should still pick it up as it's great stuff. Unsure though? Well why not try the original game for free, House Of Dead Ninjas.
http://games.adultswim.com/house-of-dead-ninjas-action-online-game.html

I've taken more than a few keys from you generous lot so I think it's high time I gave some away. Nothing too exciting, but hopefully some of you can get a bit of fun out of them.

Than you for King's Bounty: The Legend. Tis a series I've always wanted to get into and now I finally can.

Anyone play Papers, Please? Thoughts?

Papers, Please is a game about immigration in a Soviet like nation with hard decisions and choices you may not want your character to live with. Rewarding to be sure for those that can become great at all it asks for.
Stamp papers, follow rules, notice discrepancies, weed out the liars, be kind or mean, try to provide for your family. For the people or for the state? Do the job well or help the country for what it really needs? Feed and warm your family or fail and lose them to the bitter reality and the cold embrace of death. Enjoy popular Arstotzka music!

If you can get into you will find a very rewarding as you figure out what is being asked and becoming good at it, proud of your proficiency. May help to read some tips

It is not a game you will have a magical fun and heart warming time though. It's immersive in it's sad spot of a world.

Hubb

I think I will resist and not buy a single game this time. I have way too many games to start/finish already.

Hold me.

I've already said this
and I am one game deep already.

Thankfully I have/had 30 dollars steam credit left over from selling past stuff on the market.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wasn't it like,
2 hours long
?

Yeah, there must be some crazy textures in there or something >_>.

Season pass added 10.1 gig for me so god knows how big Class in the Clouds was as well as the other stuff.

lol. Ken Levine makes no compromises on file sizes.

Already have Guacamelee on PSvita, but anyone who hasn't played it should pick it up. I honestly barely ever noticed the meme backgrounds, as the core combat/jump puzzles/exploration is really, really fun.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh now I figured it out why paypal won't work on nuuvem even with Spotflux.

It's because of repeated fraud stuff that happened coming from Asian paypal accounts, so they have currently banned any access from Asian paypal accounts.

Still hoping someone could help me out though.

Rhaknar

not just you. the sales on amazon and GMG are much better

are you just saying that because it happened on previous sales? I havent seen anything so far on either GMG or Amazon that was amazing, even from the leaked spredsheet... Injustice for 20 bucks I guess? Lego Marvel for 12 when Steam will have it for 15 probably isnt the huge difference other titles had in previous sales. Amazon in particular is very tame this year in my opinion (and GMG's layout is horrible for their sale)

For the new page!

You should vote for Super House of Dead Ninjas!

It's up for vote and will be 75% off if it wins!

The game is god damned awesome. It's definitely worth your time, your money, and your vote.

Super fast paced and really rewarding.​

The only reason I didn't vote for it is that I requested it for my birthday this year and my friends gifted it to me. Amazing, ultra-addictive game. In fact, I just realized it should be eligible for 2013's GOTY votes, and if so I'm going to change my ballot (it was not in the main .xls list).

Super House of Dead Ninjas got my vote earlier today. Looks pretty fun, like a Mark of the Ninja on crack.

It's more of a Spelunky overdosed (and I mean overdosed) on speed, actually (random layout you have to traverse down). Doesn't really have much in common, gameplay-wise, with Mark of the Ninja. In any case, it's one of the most fast-paced games out there, a complete rush from square one.

Edit: While checking the store page for its date (for GOTY eligibility) I realized it has DLC now! Best of all, it's 50% off (1.50€), so I immediately got it.

Coppanuva

So I won the red faction code without realizing I apparently already have it (oops). What's the proper protocol here? Should I use modbot to regive it away or can snoopeasystreet (thanks btw for giving a code away!) do something and just give it to someone else who had entered?

Hubb

are you just saying that because it happened on previous sales? I havent seen anything so far onr Amazon that was amazing,

They had Europa Universalis for 9.99 on the 19th. Great price for that game if you are into that genre. I don't see it hitting 9.99 for the steam sale, but who knows.

its still day 3 but yeah, semi agree. At least every sale this timeis lukewarm (amazon and GMG are even farther from what they've done in the past than Steam is), although that is not actually a good thing :p

Or we all just have all the games already, that doesnt help :)
We have all the games.
Tomb Raider for $5 on 12/24
Castle of Illusion and Dungeons & Dragons for $3.75 each on 12/25

Those are the only ones that really stood out to me.
Is this on an email they sent out? It seems too good to be true.

~Kinggi~

Banned
God help me i already spent monies on this here sale . I think ima hit me mom up for steam wallet for christmas so that i may spend more money.

So I won the red faction code without realizing I apparently already have it (oops). What's the proper protocol here? Should I use modbot to regive it away or can snoopeasystreet (thanks btw for giving a code away!) do something and just give it to someone else who had entered?

PM him I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom