• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I just got a foil for Brutal Legend...check the prices...30 freaking cents. Should be a crime to crash card prices.

The_Monk

Just The Wolf Among of Us and Age of Empires II HD for me today -Said I to myself
NOPE said the wallet closing, hiding somewhere

Also, 33% OFF reminds me of those 17% from Activision. Back for a bit more of Dark Souls...!

Li Kao

33% off the wolf among us. worth it?

also, no further discount on other star wars games? seriously

Worth it ? Not really if you consider that the game has only seen one episode released with no date given for the next one. And with Telltale many projects, one can only be a little nervous. And there is the fact that telltale game are usually disounted to hell and back at each opportunity.
Worth it ? I don't think so, but god do I want to play it. Maybe my next 'oh sorry, I think I just slipped on my desk and clicked on purchase by accident'.

Linkark07

Banned
Well, bought Age of Empires collection and Darksiders 2 Season pass. Going to think if I'll get the Xcom Expansion and DLC later.

For now I'm good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone have impressions on Forced? I'm not entirely sold on it, but it looks like the kind of game I would enjoy (Diablo-esque hack 'n' slash ARPG).

NoPiece

To qualify as a Daily Deal, Valve should require a minimum of 50% off... Especially for old games like KOTOR 2 which has been on sale for $2.50 (75% off) many times in the past.

smr00

Banned
Everyone get cs go.
How does everyone not have CSGO by now?

Since i got my PC back in Feb i have seen that game 75-80% off like 36 times.

Worth it ? Not really if you consider that the game has only seen one episode released with no date given for the next one. And with Telltale many projects, one can only be a little nervous. And there is the fact that telltale game are usually disounted to hell and back at each opportunity.
Worth it ? I don't think so, but god do I want to play it. Maybe my next 'oh sorry, I think I just slipped on my desk and clicked on purchase by accident'.
This is my biggest problem with telltale.

First episode came out in October and it's almost January and still no word on episode 2. That's ridiculous. They need to finish the series and then start releasing episodes every month not every 1 or 2 or 3 months.

Show me some damn fightan games, steam.
If Telltale wasn't so inconsistent with episode releases i would jump on that Wolf deal.
The bugs worry me more than release schedules.
PSA: Red Faction Guerilla's GFWL makes the game unable to even start in 90% of cases and with the death of THQ, chances of it being patched out are slim to none.
Terrible

Guess I'm voting for Evochron mercenaries.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Never buy Season Passes. Never buy Telltale games at launch.

jmizzal

Do yall think the Walking Dead Season 2 will go on sale for 33% off before the sales are over? I see they have the Wolf among us for 33% off now

dani_dc

Isn't it just an override, though, or is the discount completely gone?

I thought consensus was that the DC would be back down to a fiver for the people who owned the base game and the Missing Link after the sale ends.

We have no idea, regardless of that, it's a pretty senseless move to try and get previous owners to pay more.

People that didn't upgrade for 5 euros/dollars before aren't going to upgrade for 5 euros/dollars now. Myself included.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
I've got the original game on PS3. Best reasons to double dip for this?

missing link inegrated with campaign which is a good or bad thing depending on how you enjoy the pacing.

the developer commentary is really nice.

a making of doc which was ok.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I picked up Deus Ex: Director's Cut

Really looking forward to playing this game again. I hear the dev commentary is well done, too.

Deques

no, but buy the base game on steam and get the DLC on gamersgate. That's what I'm about to do.

Edit: Actually just cheaper to buy the gold edition (with everything) by a few cents on GG.

This Sword of the Stars: The Pit sale is shameful. Not only was it already 75% off (community's choice making it 80%), the DLC is full price. I probably would've picked up the Gold Edition DLC, but bleh.

And yeah, glad I picked up KotoR II last year.

I bought the Gold dlc from gamersgate ^^

Abdozer

Anyone know how the Deus Ex Director's Cut upgrade work? 5 bucks is pretty tempting and I already have the vanilla Deus Ex HR.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Been playing a lot of Risk of Rain, that game is amazing. Hard as nails, but amazing. I love the conceit that all the items you pick up are scattered from a delivery freighter and so have little messages in the log from who's sent them. Just managed to defeat my first boss, and that was though slight cheesing. Then I got killed immediately in the next level, ha. Never mind. The art style's great, the music's great, now I have to get better at it. Thank you so much for giving it away, John Rabbit!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, you gotta love how DayZ is the top seller even not discounted at $30 and during a Christmas sale. That guy must be getting insane amounts of money right now.

maty

Another disappointing day :(

The only game I've bought so far is Alice.

Shame that DE:HR DC discount doesn't stack if you arleady have the first release and dlc.

Echoplx

I guess there's a workaround available, but not everyone will know to/want to run random programs off the internet to be able to play their game. (And really, we shouldn't have to.)

Was just putting it out there anyway, not trying to excuse it at all.

There's a chance the new publisher will have gfwl removed, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom