• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Anyone know how the Deus Ex Director's Cut upgrade work? 5 bucks is pretty tempting and I already have the vanilla Deus Ex HR.

Separate game file, I believe.

Includes some tweaks, like the new boss fights, having 2 cells recharge instead of just one, and some other balance considerations.

Other than that and the Director Commentary, not a whole lot has changed.

Arukado

I've got the original game on PS3. Best reasons to double dip for this?
I have the original on ps3 too. The director's cut has reworked bosses, new game+, includes the missing link in the game itself, etc.

I'm still considering what to do. I did like the original game a lot, and i have played the dlc already.

PS: Thanks Cosmic Schwung for Dead Space!

Ikon

missing link inegrated with campaign which is a good or bad thing depending on how you enjoy the pacing.

the developer commentary is really nice.

a making of doc which was ok.
Really don't care about the latter two things. Need to check what missing link is I guess.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how the Deus Ex Director's Cut upgrade work? 5 bucks is pretty tempting and I already have the vanilla Deus Ex HR.

As far as I can tell, there is no upgrade either in price or game data. Apparently your saves from the previous game do not carry over and it appears as a separate entry in your Steam library.

no, but buy the base game on steam and get the DLC on gamersgate. That's what I'm about to do.

Edit: Actually just cheaper to buy the gold edition (with everything) by a few cents on GG.

Warning, it seems that the Mind Games DLC on GG is DRM free. The Gold DLC is Steam though, but you need the base game + Mind Games to activate it.

Edit: nope, I was wrong, Mind Games on GG also gives a Steam key!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

the upgrade is (or at least was until just before the sale) always 5 bucks / euros for owners of vanilla, so its not really a "deal" for us :(

traveler

Not Wario
Is Enemy Within actually discounted here as part of the daily or has the discount on it been there throughout the whole sale/will continue throughout the rest of the sale?

mannerbot

According to my wishlist, its 7.49. That's pretty good. DUST: AET and Rogue Legacy are 7.49 as well.

Every single one of the games you mentioned will be a daily/flash sale. This must be your first Steam sale, so: WAIT FOR THE DAILY SALE YOU BASTARD and enjoy!

edit: and for the new page, which Sword of the Stars: The Pit DLCs are worth getting? Just Gold Edition?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon Valve, where's the Star Wars franchise pack for $30? And why isn't KotOR on sale, and the sequel only 50% off?

Looks like I'll never own these games on Steam.

Only 33% of on The Wolf Among Us? Kind of a joke.

PSA: Red Faction Guerilla's GFWL makes the game unable to even start in 90% of cases and with the death of THQ, chances of it being patched out are slim to none.

How can they legally sell it then if it's a broken product? Nevermind promoting it on their front page deals. Valve should know better.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm bad with KB+M. Can I still enjoy CS:GO? Is the skill matching good?

I played it on 360 awhile back and enjoyed it.

Abdozer

Damn, was hoping saves would carry over or something, guess I'll get it later since the new boss fight changes sound nice. Thanks for the help guys.

JavyOO7

Every single one of the games you mentioned will be a daily/flash sale. This must be your first Steam sale, so: WAIT FOR THE DAILY SALE YOU BASTARD and enjoy!

Nah, I've been through quite a few of these. What I was trying to say was even if they aren't part of dailies/flash sales, those are still pretty good prices for those games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Enemy Within actually discounted here as part of the daily or has the discount on it been there throughout the whole sale/will continue throughout the rest of the sale?

its during the same time as enemy unknown (im sure both will also be a daily deal eventually tho)

TP17

Finally picked up Far Cry 3, not sure why I haven't before so very happy at £5.

Tempted by The Wolf Among Us, loved the first season of The Walking Dead but I might leave it for now.

Sleeping Dogs for £4 is a great deal - you should go for it if you're on the fence. I should go back and complete it at some point, had great fun when I was playing it.

cicero

Owners of the original Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam will receive a special discount on their purchase of The Director's Cut! Additionally, users who also own The Missing Link DLC will receive an even bigger discount on the purchase!
Apparently this only counts during certain non-sale periods. I am only getting the $4.99 price like everyone who didn't purchase the other games. Before I was stuck at the 33% sale price along with everyone else too. WTH is the point of listing out a supposed discount when it is never actually applied during a sale? Remove it entirely or apply it equally.

Saige

I must do better.
Is AoE III worth picking up just for the single player campaign stuff?

I read good things about the game but I don’t know if that’s only in reference to competitive multiplayer.

JDHarbs

I'm bad with KB+M. Can I still enjoy CS:GO? Is the skill matching good?

I played it on 360 awhile back and enjoyed it.
Been playing it with a pad and I'm surprisingly holding my own. Just stick to the casual servers and you should be good. Don't expect a K/D above 1.0 though.

Curious_George

Neo Member

edit: and for the new page, which Sword of the Stars: The Pit DLCs are worth getting? Just Gold Edition?

Mind Games adds like two new classes. I haven't played it myself but it sounds like it's worth grabbing as well.

edit: and for those considering The Pit who want the entire package, I believe the gold edition for 3.25 on gamersgate is a better deal than buying it piecemeal through steam and gamersgate together (which comes out to around 3.39 by my math)

Izanagi

Neo Member
Been waiting for a decent deal on Star Wars Collection, but for the past year or so it seems the price won't go down from 90€. Should have bought it when I had the chance. :\

McNum

XCOM: Enemy Within 50% off? Yeah, okay. I'll take that damage. Was hoping this one would happen since it didn't in the autumn sale.

Same thoughts. Was hoping I could grab the DC for $1.25.

Yeah, this disappoints me. Since no one buys games from Steam at full price, there effectively is no discount for already owning the original game/DLC. So instead of getting this glorified patch at a discount, you get charged the same amount as everyone else.

Is the Flash Sale of X-Com applying it's "flash sale-ness" to Enemy Within's 50% off? Or is that just the general sale price for the expansion pack? I wan't Enemy Within but am not sure if it will get a specific sale set aside for it or if the best it will get is the associated sale that goes along with the base game Flash Sale going on right now (if that makes any sense)

Rhaknar

Wolf Among Us only has 1 episode out, people really expected a big discount? Im shocked it even got 33%

Turfster

Was just putting it out there anyway, not trying to excuse it at all.

Oh no, it's good that you brought up the workaround for those that want to play it.
I just gave up years ago when I got it and it kept wanting to upgrade to a version that made my PC hard lock every time (with the devs posting on their own forum not to get it...).
Eventually, I just got the PS3 version and finished that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom