• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

this is what happens when just one episode of TWD season 2 leaves you wanting more

s9ksjQI.png

doesnt hurt that I love Fables

Worth $12.49? When it came out it got nothing but mediocre reviews.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is 75% off too. Yay or nay?

I liked it a fair amount. Imagine the combat engine from Mass Effect (third-person shooter with cover, two squad members you can give orders to/move to specific places, class-specific powers and abilities) in a 1950s "aliens attack" setting. As PC ports go, The Bureau is okay, not great--it feels somewhat unoptimized on my i5 3570k/6950 2GB--but it's definitely serviceable. The quality of the port and the production values (character animations especially) belie the game's apparently low budget, but they don't ruin the experience by any means. One warning, though: PISS FILTER AHOY. Maybe someone's found a way to patch that out, though.

The worst parts of the game are a) the many, many dialogue trees can get annoying fast, though many of them are for optional sidequests at XCOM base, and b) the difficulty curve is really weird, with the game starting out very hard and then ramping down to relatively easy as you gain new weapons and abilities. That's just my experience, though; other people have complained that the game is just too easy throughout, so I might just suck at handling the tactical aspect of the game. The squad AI is sometimes suspect (why are you running out of cover right underneath that GIANT ALIEN ROBOT THING), worth noting if you hate babysitting AI partners.

Overall, I think it's worth $12.49, though I could also see waiting for cheaper next year if you have other games you want more. I got a solid 15 hours out of it and aside from the frustration at the difficulty, I mostly liked what I saw.

Gah, I thought the sales were going to be the same between this and the autumn sale. I bought XCOM: Enemy Within then for full price :V

No problem, as it was still worth it. A strong expansion pack for an excellent game.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hey GAF!

YAY or NAY

The Wolf Among Us

???

Yay all the way!
It's really, really good. But the wait is killing me, so there's something to be said for waiting till the season is complete.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, didn't know acquisition of titles can cause price fluctuation. dat sale history of star wars titles

Also I'm supposed to buy games from Steam for dem cards but GMG and Amazon are tempting me away!

Smash88

Banned
Yay all the way!
It's really, really good. But the wait is killing me, so there's something to be said for waiting till the season is complete.

Dang. Alright. I'll wait for tomorrows daily deals, if there is nothing I'll pick it up. Otherwise, I'll wait for summer and the 50% sale.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Actually it seems all the Deus Ex titles, the original and Invisible War, are on a Flash Sale.

I'm starting to wonder now, just how many titles have I missed Flash sales on because the front page didn't make any mention of it?

Gazkapop

Was hoping to pick up both KOTOR games since I missed out on them last time and yet only KOTOR II goes on sale this time.

GG Disney.

McNum

Is the Flash Sale of X-Com applying it's "flash sale-ness" to Enemy Within's 50% off? Or is that just the general sale price for the expansion pack? I wan't Enemy Within but am not sure if it will get a specific sale set aside for it or if the best it will get is the associated sale that goes along with the base game Flash Sale going on right now (if that makes any sense)
Yes.

Enemy Within was 33% off a couple of hours ago. Now it's 50%. I doubt it will go any lower since it's only about a month old. So I assume the Flash Sale also applies to EW.

Leg-End

ModBot said:
Instructions for Leg-End:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sword of the Stars: The Pit -- MB-1282C055449878A9 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 11 entrants total.

t1387651376z1.png

Just doing my bit to give a little something this Xmas. Good Luck.

Zeliard

According to my wishlist, its 7.49. That's pretty good. DUST: AET and Rogue Legacy are 7.49 as well.

Sure, but $3.74 is better!

I have more than enough money in my Steam wallet solely through selling stuff on the marketplace to get Spelunky at its current price, but I may as well wait for the possible price drop.

I bought DXHR DC when it originall released.(upgraded rather)

Can anyone confirm if they're patched the game to play more like the original release or are there still performance issues?

Apdiddy

Ended up buying AoE II HD The Forgotten expansion after getting Kairo, Lunar Pack, Ultrabundle, Noitu Love 2 Devolution and Bit.Trip collection yesterday.

DE: HR Director's Cut is pretty tempting although I'm surprised that it's not a bigger discount for DE: HR + Missing Link owners too.

cicero

maty

Sure, but $3.74 is better!

I have more than enough money in my Steam wallet solely through selling stuff on the marketplace to get Spelunky at its current price, but I may as well wait for the possible price drop.

I´m sure Spelunky will be $3.74 at one point during the sale.

And I'm really hoping for Rogue Legacy to be as well.

Dec

the original + lots of new stuff just for the PC version like a whole new Undead campaign and some other stuff

no Frontiers tho

I know right

heard its kinda bad tho

What's the difference between the full release and the browser one? I think on Kongregate. I don't remember the hero mechanic.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It used to go for 75% off for these type of sales too, until the Disney change over happened.
I hate myself for not buying the franchise pack in last year's Summer Sale. It never crossed my mind that those games wouldn't go on sale ever again :/

Salsa

Pretty weak then!

well, Frontiers is basically Kingdom Rush 2, and they've been working on the PC ver from the ground up (nothing to do with the flash web release) while doing that for phones

I mean, a full blown KR release with ALL the content would be nice, but timing didnt work out. It's still gonna be the best version of the original out there

What's the difference between the full release and the browser one? I think on Kongregate. I don't remember the hero mechanic.

it's entirely new, some of the campaign is lifted from there but there's like double the content

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hey GAF!

YAY or NAY

The Wolf Among Us

???

NAY for all Telltale games until the season is complete and they are on sale. Otherwise you're paying a premium for an incomplete season and the ability to wait. Some people may like that, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I wouldn't get it unless you're dying to play it right this instance and really have nothing else to play, which I know isn't true because everyone with Steam has a massive backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom