• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
btw:

268x268.resizedimage

they announced the release date today

Steam Trailer

Jan 6th

been beta-testing it, it's great on PC

also only game from Uruguay on Steam so buy it mmkay

Played it on kong, fantastic game. Will support.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well, Frontiers is basically Kingdom Rush 2, and they've been working on the PC ver from the ground up (nothing to do with the flash web release) while doing that for phones

I mean, a full blown KR release with ALL the content would be nice, but timing didnt work out. It's still gonna be the best version of the original out there

it's entirely new, some of the campaign is lifted from there but there's like double the content

Will Frontiers come to PC, or you can't talk about it / don't know?

RS4-

well, Frontiers is basically Kingdom Rush 2, and they've been working on the PC ver from the ground up (nothing to do with the flash web release) while doing that for phones

I mean, a full blown KR release with ALL the content would be nice, but timing didnt work out. It's still gonna be the best version of the original out there

it's entirely new, some of the campaign is lifted from there but there's like double the content

Lol yeah, fair enough, I was just griping. Got both on android, don't think I've actually finished either one though. Probably the best TD game.

TheYanger

Legit broke but...I loved the original Deus Ex (have triple dipped on it over the years, at least), but somehow never got around to HR. If I liked the first as well as spiritual successors sort of like alpha protocol and the first Mass Effect, will I like HR?

Arkanius

Legit broke but...I loved the original Deus Ex (have triple dipped on it over the years, at least), but somehow never got around to HR. If I liked the first as well as spiritual successors sort of like alpha protocol and the first Mass Effect, will I like HR?

HR is very good. I paid full price and it was worth it

rrs

Enemy within worth buying at 50% off? Heard things about bugs, etc

Also get Sleeping Dogs and the Deus Ex series, both awesome and discounted

Derrick01

Banned

It's nowhere near as good as the original game and doesn't really try to bring much of the old gameplay to modern times. It's what you would expect out of a consolized version of Deus Ex basically. Missing abilities, extremely small level design and non creative level design (every room has a vent or hackable door) and an over reliance on hacking.

If you liked the original game then yes. It has a few modern video game design choices in it but nothing to detract from the game heavily.

I say buy it!

I guess the thread moves to fast, but can anyone help me with a problem?

Whenever Deadly Premonition crashes, I cant do anything with my PC, because the "crashed" window of DP will stay in front of all the other windows, meaning, even if I open the task manager, I cant access it, because the window of DP, that isnt responding, wont close.
I always have to logout from my userprofile in Windows or restart the PC.

Salsa

pumped about playing The Wolf Among Us later tonight

it's crazy how I much rather play short games right now. So much filler and commitment to play it. Gimme them 3 hour investments that leave me satisfied with a sense of closure and "okay, onto the next thing".

I played Gone Home and the first ep of TWD Season 2 this last week and it was some of the best time spent in games this year.

not saying I dont love and play long-ass games, but in this precise moment a little chunk of something that has a beggining and an end sounds much more appealing.

Firebrand

Enemy within worth buying at 50% off? Heard things about bugs, etc
If you wanna play more XCOM it's probably worth it, it adds a whole bunch of new toys (MECs!) and maps but doesn't really change the structure of the main campaign all that much. The "new threat" stuff is neat when you first encounter it but those missions get repetitive real fast.

Don't know about bugs, had some crash issues at release but they've gone away now, don't know if they patched it or it was an issue with my machine. Only other major bug I can recall is soldiers leaving cover when suppressing.

Arkanius

pumped about playing The Wolf Among Us later tonight

it's crazy how I much rather play short games right now. So much filler and commitment to play it. Gimme them 3 hour investments that leave me satisfied with a sense of closure and "okay, onto the next thing".

I played Gone Home and the first ep of TWD Season 2 this last week and it was some of the best time spent in games this year.

We are getting old man :(

Silky

Banned
I only have Vanilla Deus Ex HR, Is there any way to upgrade to the director's cut?

Don't wanna re-buy a game I'm pretty sure I got a dollar for

Salsa

We are getting old man :(

im fine with it. there'll always be the ocassional game where I sink hundreds of hours in, now i'll just probably pick em better and avoid wasted time so it evens out

so many games in my backlog that I look at now and I go "so.. im never gonna play through the 40+ hours of this"

it's hard to keep me interested, specially when "gameplay time" is a selling point and as such they fill AAA games with needless crap

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Been playing a lot of Risk of Rain, that game is amazing. Hard as nails, but amazing. I love the conceit that all the items you pick up are scattered from a delivery freighter and so have little messages in the log from who's sent them. Just managed to defeat my first boss, and that was though slight cheesing. Then I got killed immediately in the next level, ha. Never mind. The art style's great, the music's great, now I have to get better at it. Thank you so much for giving it away, John Rabbit!

Out of the two games I've bought this sale and the one game I've played, Risk of Rain is definitely my favorite. I bought it last night and have been having a blast with it. I like the increase in difficult as time goes on, gives a nice risk (HAH! I GET IT!) to searching the early levels for items. And I am really loving the variety of items and how they interact, great sidescrolling Binding of Isaac (oh, look, that's on sale too. BUY IT) feeling in that way.

The_Monk

Everyone needs to own and play Sleeping Dogs on PC, it's so much different. I played on the PS3 but had to replay it on PC too, the rain is simply amazing while driving. at night.

9 Year old account in fantastic standing, yet because I didn't buy a game within the last year, I can't sell these snowglobes or cards.. :( Sad day. Eligible... Jan 20th!

Enco

CK2 is awesome.

I've spent a lot of time watching tutorials and playing the in game tutorial and the game is still slightly confusing but damn it's so cool.

Started with the Game of Thrones mod and I'm playing as Robb. Married one of Frey's daughter. Changing history #YOLO. I'm weary about continuing in case of spoilers though. Plus there are some small things that seem unfinished in the mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom