• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I only have Vanilla Deus Ex HR, Is there any way to upgrade to the director's cut?

Don't wanna re-buy a game I'm pretty sure I got a dollar for

Buy it now at -75% then.
You won't get it any cheaper as your discount for vanilla is much lower.

The Cowboy

So tempted to get DEHR:DC, but my card hasn't got enough cash on it and I'd need to nip to the local game store for a £5 Steam code.

Do you think its likely to show up in the dailies during the sale (even with the same discount?), I don't wanna head out - its pouring down.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
CK2 is awesome.

I've spent a lot of time watching tutorials and playing the in game tutorial and the game is still slightly confusing but damn it's so cool.

Started with the Game of Thrones mod and I'm playing as Robb. Married one of Frey's daughter. Changing history #YOLO. I'm weary about continuing in case of spoilers though. Plus there are some small things that seem unfinished in the mod.

Playing the vanilla game is great too. I'm not huge on strategy games and have no interest in EU4, but the focus on diplomacy and individual character relations grabbed me in CK2. There's so much for that game to offer. Playing an empire, a vassal under a higher lord, or just starting out to conquer the world are really different experiences.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want to post games here all as mystery games. I simply send the keys or links without writing anything or what?

Darklord

Banned
pumped about playing The Wolf Among Us later tonight

it's crazy how I much rather play short games right now. So much filler and commitment to play it. Gimme them 3 hour investments that leave me satisfied with a sense of closure and "okay, onto the next thing".

I played Gone Home and the first ep of TWD Season 2 this last week and it was some of the best time spent in games this year.

not saying I dont love and play long-ass games, but in this precise moment a little chunk of something that has a beggining and an end sounds much more appealing.

It's also because games have been dumbed down and simplified that it maks it hard to be deeply interested after 30 or 50 hours.

Arkanius

im fine with it. there'll always be the ocassional game where I sink hundreds of hours in, now i'll just probably pick em better and avoid wasted time so it evens out

so many games in my backlog that I look at now and I go "so.. im never gonna play through the 40+ hours of this"

it's hard to keep me interested, specially when "gameplay time" is a selling point and as such they fill AAA games with needless crap

Same
I have so much work lately that I prefer shorter but fruitful games.

Stanley Parable, Brothers, Metal Gear Rising, are some of the few that I played lately and finished in 1 day

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Let's not forget the abysmal story. HR does however have great dialogue/characters.

The atmosphere they managed to create is worth the entry price alone. The game is quite good, too. Derrick is right that it's dumbed down compared to the original, but I think they did quite a good job to make an entertaining game.

Enco

Playing the vanilla game is great too. I'm not huge on strategy games and have no interest in EU4, but the focus on diplomacy and individual character relations grabbed me in CK2. There's so much for that game to offer. Playing an empire, a vassal under a higher lord, or just starting out to conquer the world are really different experiences.
Agreed.

I'm not much of a strategy guy. Civ V is awesome because of the epic scale but other than that I don't do strategy. CK2 is awesome in the detail it provides.

I might drop the GoT mod for now and stick with vanilla gameplay.

milena87

I just finished Gone Home. I played it knowing nothing about it, except that it's supposedly one of the best games of the year.
It was an amazing experience, totally recommended.

Now, what should I start tomorrow? Brothers or Papers, Please? Hmmm...

BFIB

This thread is always moving fast, but I see Arkham Origins is $24.99 on Amazon. I thought I saw a promo code somewhere, but I can't find it that lowered it to $19.99. Anyone know of this code?

Thanks!

I guess the thread moves to fast, but can anyone help me with a problem?

Whenever Deadly Premonition crashes, I cant do anything with my PC, because the "crashed" window of DP will stay in front of all the other windows, meaning, even if I open the task manager, I cant access it, because the window of DP, that isnt responding, wont close.
I always have to logout from my userprofile in Windows or restart the PC.
Deadly Premonition hasn't crashed on me yet, but I have this happen to me in other games quite a bit. I don't know what causes it, but nothing seems to close it, same as you. I want to say it's something to do with my GPU driver since I didn't have this issue before using any of the Catalyst beta drivers, but I don't want to roll back to the old ones.

A lot of the time when I log out, get the "these applications are still running" dialog, and then hit cancel the game will have closed itself and I can stay logged in. Doesn't work every time, but it's something.

kewlmyc

This has probably already been answered, but doesn't Deus Ex: HR normally cost $5 if you own the original and the DLC? Does the 75% apply to the discounted price as well? I don't see an option....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Only 33% of on The Wolf Among Us? Kind of a joke.

Yeah, a joke for anyone who bought it before this sale and didn't even get a second episode before the price dropped. Hope they enjoyed paying an $8 premium just for the privilege to wait in anticipation or something.

It will probably have a 50% off sale at least before the season is even complete.

Polk

This thread is always moving fast, but I see Arkham Origins is $24.99 on Amazon. I thought I saw a promo code somewhere, but I can't find it that lowered it to $19.99. Anyone know of this code?

Thanks!
I don't think there's code but it will be $19.99 on 24th.

Annubis

This has probably already been answered, but doesn't Deus Ex: HR normally cost $5 if you own the original and the DLC? Does the 75% apply to the discounted price as well? I don't see an option....

No.
Steam is being a prick and disabled the loyalty discount for the sale.

vg260

Thanks!

It will be $19.99 12/24-26 on Amazon

Salsa

Yeah, a joke for anyone who bought it before this sale and didn't even get a second episode before the price dropped. Hope they enjoyed paying an $8 premium just for the privilege to wait in anticipation or something.

or maybe an $8 premium to play it earlier than today?

like, with every other game ever?

pricedrops, how do they work

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Binding of Isaac, is it a must have?

From a crazy person who has played at least 10 full days worth of Binding of Isaac time, yes. If the Smash TV-style "twin stick" (use the face buttons or a keyboard, don't play it dual stick) shooter gameplay even remotely interests you, or if you like the idea of a relatively difficult procedurally generated game, or if you just want to spend two bucks and maybe get sucked into a thousand hours of playing the same game for an insane price to time value, go for it.

Deadly Premonition hasn't crashed on me yet, but I have this happen to me in other games quite a bit. I don't know what causes it, but nothing seems to close it, same as you. I want to say it's something to do with my GPU driver since I didn't have this issue before using any of the Catalyst beta drivers, but I don't want to roll back to the old ones.

I use the normal drivers, not the Betadrivers. I just wonder if there is a special macro to close the whole window, not just Alt-F4, but that exactly closes it like it would close when I use the task-manager.

~Kinggi~

Banned

yeah that aspect is horseshit. Shouldnt be on sale at all until game is done.

or maybe an $8 premium to play it earlier than today?

like, with every other game ever?

pricedrops, how do they work

Wolf isnt a completed experience like other games.

So I have Xcom: Enemy Unkown but haven't played it yet. A part of me is thinking to play the vanilla and get the expansion Enemy Within later to notice the changes and whatnot. Is this the way to go or is starting the game from scratch with the expansion an better experience?

gngf123

Binding of Isaac, is it a must have?

5U21A.jpg

And I played vanilla isaac for about 50 hours before activating anything on Steam.

In other words, yes.

hohoXD123

It will probably have a 50% off sale at least before the season is even complete.

We paid the premium to play the first episode before everyone else, like any other game. No matter how much the delay sucks, it doesn't have anything to do with this.

Seems I get to keep my money for another day....I think.

rtcn63

Have you ever wanted to play a masochistic Zelda game while a syphilis-ridden prostitute keeps the barrel of a .45 sat on your temple? Binding of Isaac is for you.

Salsa

Wolf isnt a completed experience like other games.

sure.. but.. so?

it is a known fact that the game will be cheaper the second it becomes "complete". that's always the case with episodic games, they dont retain their price until they are released either. It has never happened with any episodic game ever. Walking Dead, KR0, etc.

you make the decision of buying it when you wanna play it. either do that at the start knowing you'll have to wait, or just wait

being mad about people now paying less before you get a second episode is just weird to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom