• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I hate this game and it's lack of controller support. I really do.

Joy2Key is great. There's also the option of waiting until the Rebirth version, which is going to be completely reprogrammed and not using Flash, so it should be more stable and have controller support. I think they've already announced it will be a PS+ game too? I might be making that up. E3 was a crazy time.

Probably should have mentioned that in my original recommendation.

~Kinggi~

Banned
sure.. but.. so?

it is a known fact that the game will be cheaper the second it becomes "complete". that's always the case with episodic games, they dont retain their price until they are released either. It has never happened with any episodic game ever. Walking Dead, KR0, etc.

you make the decision of buying it when you wanna play it. either do that at the start knowing you'll have to wait, or just wait

being mad about people now paying less before you get a second episode is just weird to me

i think people are more upset at the long wait for a 2nd episode when expectations were thinking shorter delays. So now all the people mad at waiting are mad at the sale.

The Sword of the Stars DLC discounts. Where is they.

On gamersgate.

Both the DLCs and the Gold (Complete Edition) are 75% off.

If you decide to buy the 2 dlcs from GG individually do note that you'll have to redeem the Mindgames expansion 1st otherwise the Gold dlc won't recognize the base game.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So I have Xcom: Enemy Unkown but haven't played it yet. A part of me is thinking to play the vanilla and get the expansion Enemy Within later to notice the changes and whatnot. Is this the way to go or is starting the game from scratch with the expansion an better experience?

Well, the expansion is going to add some things that make the beginning of the game even more information-overwhelming to some extent, but I'd say that it adds a lot to the game, especially some difficulty with several expansion specific missions.

But the added unit depth/choices make it worth starting from scratch, imo. You can always choose to only play the base game, and get a feel for things before 'starting fresh' with an unknown game.

Also, always be building satellites.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Played a bit of Sleeping Dogs on the PS3 thanks to Plus, and even though I love the setting, the game didn't really grab me. Is there a Gaffer determined on conving me why I should play it? I'm not really a sandboxy kinda guy.

...reminds me, I really want a Yakuza game on PC. Binary Domain's port wasn't terrible if my sources are correct, now give me Kazuma & Co, Sega!

This thread is always moving fast, but I see Arkham Origins is $24.99 on Amazon. I thought I saw a promo code somewhere, but I can't find it that lowered it to $19.99. Anyone know of this code?

Thanks!
Also, it's on GMG for $20 right now with their promo code.

5U21A.jpg

And I played vanilla isaac for about 50 hours before activating anything on Steam.

In other words, yes.

boi_zps721bcbf1.png

It has replay value for sure.

cicero

The Sword of the Stars DLC discounts. Where is they.

For anyone interested in Sword of the Stars: The Pit, you might notice that the Gold Edition DLC and the Mindgames expansion aren't discounted on Steam. They are currently on sale on GamersGate though.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold DLC - $0.75 (75% off)
Sword of the Stars The Pit: MindGames - $1.25 (75% off)

I bought both a couple of days ago and they activated fine on Steam. Enjoy!
Here you go.

Arthea

Played a bit of Sleeping Dogs on the PS3 thanks to Plus, and even though I love the setting, the game didn't really grab me. Is there a Gaffer determined on conving me why I should play it? I'm not really a sandboxy kinda guy.

...reminds me, I really want a Yakuza game on PC. Binary Domain's port wasn't terrible if my sources are correct, now give me Kazuma & Co, Sega!

I want too, how to convince sega, is that even possible?

Silky

Banned
Guess I'm not buying Deus Ex HR. I mean I've yet to beat HR anyway, having the DC version would be a waste of time and money.

rtcn63

SD wasn't that great. For a game in the genre, one of the better ones, but the side quests were few and repetitive, and there's too much of a focus on (poor) gunplay in the story missions.

And if you're not a crime sandbox guy, Saints Row IV should be considered.

I use the normal drivers, not the Betadrivers. I just wonder if there is a special macro to close the whole window, not just Alt-F4, but that exactly closes it like it would close when I use the task-manager.
I wish I knew. I haven't tried this yet, but I will, but does Ctrl-W work? I figure Alt-F4 and Winkey-D don't do anything, they don't for me when that happens.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I'm not really a sandbox guy either, with the exceptions of Just Cause 2 and RF:G. I really liked Sleeping Dogs though. Pretty standard crime story but it was done well enough to keep me interested in continuing the story, game was absolutely gorgeous, and I couldn't not buy it after watching Vinny Caravella reach a state of pure joy normally reserved children on Christmas in his Giant Bomb Quick Looks.

I played it almost completely straightforward though. Did some side missions because the melee combat was fun enough in a Batman sort of way, but I didn't do any random messing about in the world.

- J - D -

Question, if I buy the Sleeping Dogs Collection on Steam, do I get individual codes for each item in the bundle? Or is it just one single code?

Grief.exe

I only have Vanilla Deus Ex HR, Is there any way to upgrade to the director's cut?

Don't wanna re-buy a game I'm pretty sure I got a dollar for

The upgrade to the Director's Cut isn't recommended right now, unless they patched it. The game is running on an older version of the engine with a significant amount of glitches.

You are actually paying Square for a downgrade.

Everyone needs to own and play Sleeping Dogs on PC, it's so much different. I played on the PS3 but had to replay it on PC too, the rain is simply amazing while driving. at night.

Yes. Plays great with mouse and keyboard as well. One of the best games I played this year.

SD wasn't that great. For a game in the genre, one of the better ones, but the side quests were few and repetitive, and there's too much of a focus on (poor) gunplay in the story missions.

And if you're not a crime sandbox guy, Saints Row IV should be considered.

I almost never touch the side missions in games anymore so I can't vouch for their quality.

kudoboi

I really want to get back to chivalry but there aren't any servers in asia anymore ( or at least the last time i checked)

No money for Gaben today.

Gimme a 75% off X Rebirth and I'll buy the SHIT out of it. It can't be THAT bad, right?

i was so hyped for the game prior to release but after the reviews i forgot that this game ever existed.

Well, the expansion is going to add some things that make the beginning of the game even more information-overwhelming to some extent, but I'd say that it adds a lot to the game, especially some difficulty with several expansion specific missions.

But the added unit depth/choices make it worth starting from scratch, imo. You can always choose to only play the base game, and get a feel for things before 'starting fresh' with an unknown game.

Also, always be building satellites.

So even if i have the EW expansion i can choose EU or EW versions of the game, like in the menu or something?

Grief.exe

Chivalry has by far the greatest voice emotes of any game I've ever played.

I missed lopping off heads after charging in with a battle cry. Need to go back to it.

V V 2

Emits this inane laughter. I love charging into battle with a group of people maniacally cackling.

rtcn63

I almost never touch the side missions in games anymore so I can't vouch for their quality.

You had to do them (I think) to level up your rank or whatever, so you could purchase better vehicles for keeps. I just wanted to ride around on a fast sportbike. :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
or maybe an $8 premium to play it earlier than today?

like, with every other game ever?

pricedrops, how do they work

Other games are able to be played to completion upon release.

I would argue that it's different for episodic games and season passes, where the content is set to be released on a specified schedule and isn't considered "complete" until the season ends.

In these situations, the developer/publisher are simply price gouging their most excited fans, and that's no way to conduct business. Especially when the PC is the only platform where you are forced to buy the entire season in advance. You can buy the episodes piece meal on every other platform. The whole thing is bullshit, and in combination with their poor handling of technical issues, it's why I will never buy a Telltale game at release.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Blargh I made a mistake with the games I was about to give away. They all show up as the same code. Can anyone help me with this? What to do?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What kind of pc do you have? I've never had any problems performance wise

It's terrible on anything low end. Very CPU intensive for what the game is doing visually. Even on decent computers you can get a lot of slowdown at times but when I played on my old laptop it would just go into bullet time mode any time there were a lot of enemies or projectiles on screen.

The upgrade to the Director's Cut isn't recommended right now, unless they patched it. The game is running on an older version of the engine with a significant amount of glitches.

Thanks man, you just saved me $5. I was contemplating getting it. I have the regular version with the dlc.

Edit: Does the Sleep Dogs collection contain all the DLC? It looks to me like the DLC pack includes more, what am I missing?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Wait, what? I just bought it and am installing now, but any additional details on this?

Ezra2680

It's terrible on anything low end. Very CPU intensive for what the game is doing visually. Even on decent computers you can get a lot of slowdown at times but when I played on my old laptop it would just go into bullet time mode any time there were a lot of enemies or projectiles on screen.

Interesting, I never knew it had trouble on a lot of machines. Quick google search shows that that is definitely the case.

Jawmuncher

Disney can go screw themselves.
50% off on KOTOR 2 when it's been 75% off for the last few years.
Hell even earlier this year if I recall. Hell not even a discount on the Star Wars pack (not that I would have bought it anyway). Considering KOTOR isn't even in the top selling page I hope they learn for next time.

Hanzou

Could not pull the trigger on Papers, please for some reason. Decided to Get Monaco instead and pick up PP later, Monaco looks fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom