• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I want too, how to convince sega, is that even possible?
Well, it's Sega, so.....
....:(
SD wasn't that great. For a game in the genre, one of the better ones, but the side quests were few and repetitive, and there's too much of a focus on (poor) gunplay in the story missions.

And if you're not a crime sandbox guy, Saints Row IV should be considered.
Hmm, yeah, I'm rarely bothered by repetitive questes, but the gunplay is a bit of a bummer, and one of my fears about the game. I just want to kick some smucks!

Thanks for the reccomendation. It's funny, I loved Saints Row IV. One of the biggest suprises this year. It's not my genre and it has way more (weak) combat then I like but great scott, that game is pure fun. They copied some powers from Prototype and dumped Alex Mercer for a Lex Luthoresque pirate president. Or whatever.
Jumping and gliding is so much fun in that game.

It's terrible on anything low end. Very CPU intensive for what the game is doing visually. Even on decent computers you can get a lot of slowdown at times but when I played on my old laptop it would just go into bullet time mode any time there were a lot of enemies or projectiles on screen.
I can vouch for this. It is really frustrating, but I guess that's what we get for the game being flash based? I didn't see too it dip too bad in my short time playing so far, but it's still disappointing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I refuse to believe anyone could 100% Isaac without cheating. I just refuse after my own 52 hrs :D

I've done it on two different save files.

Have I mentioned I have a problem?

edit:

I can vouch for this. It is really frustrating, but I guess that's what we get for the game being flash based? I didn't see too it dip too bad in my short time playing so far, but it's still disappointing.

Yeah, Flash is the culprit. It's also apparently the blame for the lack of controller support and a single expansion. Edmund says he planned for another expansion the same size but couldn't do it because of limitations in Flash. That content is going to be in the Rebirth version that's coming next year.

Wait, what? I just bought it and am installing now, but any additional details on this?

The Director's Cut version was based on the 1.0 launch PC build; before it had received any patches. Therefore the game suffers from all the issues the original release had before they were patched.

Exactly what are those issues I don't know.

Grief.exe

You had to do them (I think) to level up your rank or whatever, so you could purchase better vehicles for keeps. I just wanted to ride around on a fast sportbike. :(

I purchased all the top tier cars from dosh earned during the main story.

Thanks man, you just saved me $5. I was contemplating getting it. I have the regular version with the dlc.

Edit: Does the Sleep Dogs collection contain all the DLC? It looks to me like the DLC pack includes more, what am I missing?

Welcome. Wario says all the DLC is 80% off as well.

Wait, what? I just bought it and am installing now, but any additional details on this?

You have chosen poorly.

The Director's Cut version was based on the 1.0 launch PC build; before it had received any patches. Therefore the game suffers from all the issues the original release had before they were patched.

Exactly what are those issues I don't know.

There were so many broken things on launch, mouse acceleration being the most egregious.

I didn't have any DLC for Deus EX: HR and I bought the Director's Cut.

Did I do wrong GAF? I wanted DLC and fixed boss fights, and commentary :(
The commentary is great and the bosses are improved (well, you can't do the takedown glitch on the third anymore so that's not nearly as awesome), but the DC build of the game as is just has a lot of little performance and visual bugs; both new ones and holdovers from the early versions of vanilla.

And for what it's worth, I think playing through Missing Link within the regular playthrough just messes with the pacing.

Grief.exe

Jørdan;94378237 said:
Lag is so bad for me its unplayable, not the best optimization.

Its due to the flash engine behind Binding of Isaac.

They actually can't even compile the Wrath of the Lamb expansion anymore due to the limitations of Flash. They also had to account for a low amount of objects, projectiles, and characters on the screen.
Its interesting to listen to the development behind the game.

Jawmuncher

Grabbed Binding of Isaac with DLC and Deus Ex Directors Cut.
This has been the most games I have bought on a steam sale since my first one. Mainly because a 50 dollar steam gift card goes a long way.

SD
And if you're not a crime sandbox guy, Saints Row IV should be considered.

Yup yup. Totally fine PC port, and the game is nuts. You get some insane superpowers very early that move it in some nutso new directions... it's really like a strange combo of Saints Row 3, Crackdown, and Prototype. I didn't find it as funny as Saints Row 3, but as an entertaining "power trip" of a game where you feel like you are in constant godmode wreaking absolute havoc with everything around you, it's well worth it.

Hesemonni

Banned
I've done it on two different save files.

Have I mentioned I have a problem?
52 hours is small time in Isaac.
It can be done, it just takes time. You need to beat the game in quite a few different ways to get everything.

52 hours isn't going to cut it.
You are all liars, cheaters and all around bad persons. Moderators have been contacted in regards of your impending banishment from NeoGAF.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You are all liars, cheaters and all around bad persons. Moderators have been contacted in regards of your impending banishment from NeoGAF.

image.php
will be here shortly.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So, If I purchase The Sleeping Dogs 'collection' does the DLC break the game? Does it make it too easy?

I am also curious to know how the dlc is integrated as i just bought it as well and will be doing a fresh play-through.

Looks like there's a significant amount of cheat code DLC that just gives you extra experience and money. The game isn't hard on its own but you also won't max out your experience on a normal playthrough if you don't go out of your way to grind it out in side missions.

Yeah, a joke for anyone who bought it before this sale and didn't even get a second episode before the price dropped. Hope they enjoyed paying an $8 premium just for the privilege to wait in anticipation or something.

It will probably have a 50% off sale at least before the season is even complete.

If you're really that bitter over the discount, how about you never buy anything ever unless it's a daily deal in a Steam sale.

ngt

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I've got a question to Steam registry experts.

What's with that new flag "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting". I found it on Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE ( http://steamdb.info/sub/36077/ ).

Does it mean that if I buy it in UK, I can't gift it to a friend in let's say US?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks for whoever posted the SotS: The Pit DLC links on gamersgate, was pissed they werent discounted on Steam...I even got Mind Games for "free" with those coins they have. And they both activate on steam btw (I wouldnt buy them otherwise...yes, I'm one of "those" people)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So even if i have the EW expansion i can choose EU or EW versions of the game, like in the menu or something?

A bit late on the reply, but yes, you can choose. There's a boot up menu before the game launches, where you can pick which version you want to play.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but I've got a question to Steam registry experts.

What's with that new flag "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting". I found it on Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE ( http://steamdb.info/sub/36077/ ).

Does it mean that if I buy it in UK, I can't gift it to a friend in let's say US?

you can, I'm in europe and I gifted it to a US Gaffer (Gafter?) and it worked fine

Fuck I think I regret buying Deus Ex: HR DC now. I guess I'll play it and see if it isn't hilariously broken.

Are there any essential mods for the DC version to fix things up yet?

Grief.exe

Jørdan;94378723 said:
Ah, I put my own experience with it down to barely meeting the requirements. Seems like a great game and one that I would enjoy.

They are doing a reboot in C# in order to get around the limitations.

I believe it has co-op, hundreds of new items/enemies, and new areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom