• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thanks to Letters for helping me out in getting MGR!

Anyway, DLCs get for The Pit and Endless Space. I swear the only reason you buy on Steam now is for the card.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If you're really that bitter over the discount, how about you never buy anything ever unless it's a daily deal in a Steam sale.

I tried to articulate my thoughts on the matter here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94377619&postcount=7824

My issue is specifically over episodic games that are sold exclusively in bundles and season passes for games.

I just don't think it's cool to discount games before they are complete after you already sold them for full price to your most dedicated fans.

Salsa

err, either they changed it today, or theres some confusion here, because I gifted it to someone in the US and I'm in europe :/

edit: I mean specifically with Rising, not with the registry in general

you can gift it, he just wont be able to activate it

Nice, Enemy Within is discounted as well for XComs flash sale! Is there any way though to NOT download it right now? I'm 3/4 done another playthrough with vanilla and I don't want it to change to the new stuff yet.... or do you have to start a new game to "activate" the xpac changes, anyone know?

Also is Sword of the Stars: The Pit worth it?

Ezra2680

I tried to articulate my thoughts on the matter here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94377619&postcount=7824

My issue is specifically over episodic games that are sold exclusively in bundles and season passes for games.

I just don't think it's cool to discount games before they are complete after you already sold them for full price to your most dedicated fans.

"Dedicated" fans get to play it first. More patient people get it later, but cheaper

Any clue when will FF XIV release on steam? And whether current owners of PC version will get steam keys?

Sucks about the Star Wars prices after Disney got the rights. Should have found Steam earlier so I could have bought that delicious looking collection much cheaper.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"Dedicated" fans get to play it first. More patient people get it later, but cheaper

Dedicated fans only got to play the first episode first. That's his point. It's one thing to have a premium for playing a game early, but Telltale just told their best and most reliable customers "Never buy our products until they are done." A 33% premium for playing the first of 5 episodes is ridiculous.

edit:

I honestly didn't know more than a small handful of people bought episodic games before they were completely out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. I already thought it was crazy to buy the game at launch. But now it's crazy and insulting to fall for it.

Turfster

Dedicated fans only got to play the first episode first. That's his point. It's one thing to have a premium for playing a game early, but Telltale just told their best and most reliable fans "Never buy our products until they are done." A 33% premium for playing the first of 5 episodes is ridiculous.

Plot twist: Telltale games are never done, since they still haven't fixed the savegame bullshit from the first walking dead.

Ezra2680

Dedicated fans only got to play the first episode first. That's his point. It's one thing to have a premium for playing a game early, but Telltale just told their best and most reliable customers "Never buy our products until they are done." A 33% premium for playing the first of 5 episodes is ridiculous.

seems like it would be better if they sold the episodes on their own for cheaper

Momentary

Banned
Any clue when will FF XIV release on steam? And whether current owners of PC version will get steam keys?

Hey... Don't talk about this. The day this gets released on Steam will be a dark day in my life. Hopefully I have the will power to not buy it...

I'm sure current owners will have some sort of option for a Steam Key when it's released. It would be complete bullshit if they didn't offer keys for those who already own it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lets see if this works.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-BDD03D6C9CDC0701 - Taken by RS4-
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-EE61DB6B2026A362 - Taken by SalsaShark
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-3E3FC35E1516111C - Taken by gngf123

Is there a Sleeping Dogs Collection in the US Store? In Germany i just get the vanilla game without any DLC. Low violence version as well...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but could someone please tell me if DLC from one region won't work with a game from another, specifically Sleeping Dogs.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

*sigh* I guess I'll just give up after this post. It seems like many people don't agree that there is a difference between games that are released in a content-complete state at launch compared to content that is episodic (but must be purchased as a bundle in advance) or content that is part of a season pass.

With full games, dedicated fans pay full price to play the game to completion first. That's fine.

With episodic content, they get to play only a portion of the full product early for full price. They then have to wait for the additional content to be released. If the game goes on sale before all of the content is released, I feel that they are getting screwed. This would be different if the episodes were offered individually and you didn't have to lock yourself in to the full season right from the start.

tl;dr: I think there's a difference between content that can be played to completion vs. unfinished content that is released over a "season."

Anyway, I'll shut up about it now.

rrs

Sorry if this is a stupid question but could someone please tell me if DLC from one region won't work with a game from another, specifically Sleeping Dogs.

Yeah, UK copy and US DLC works fine.

Also, for all the broken DLC there is, there's plenty of great added content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom