• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to articulate my thoughts on the matter here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94377619&postcount=7824

My issue is specifically over episodic games that are sold exclusively in bundles and season passes for games.

I just don't think it's cool to discount games before they are complete after you already sold them for full price to your most dedicated fans.

I think it's kind of warped to claim that you're being gouged when you only pay 25$ for the full price game and we're not even talking about paying the full amount here.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Encore!!!!! (Not the same games)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-F487A5629100E70A - Taken by hohoXD123
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-65C8556AAC06EA09 - Taken by JakeD
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-B448BCF18FDECD34 - Taken by The Grim Heaper

fozzy

This is my first Steam sale, and in the past I've seen links to massive developer bundles for a heavily discounted price. But never really paid attention to them.

Am I thinking of Steam sales or is this something else?

gabbo

This seems like a good deal. Anyone have feedback on these games? Apparently Manhunt 2 isn't on Steam, so you have to download it from Amazon, but Manhunt 1 comes with a Steam key. There is an exe patch file out there that makes it work in Windows 7/8/Vista (I think)

Worth getting?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJ1X1SM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

They're really repetitive, but they're not terrible, if you don't cold, clinical killing in your games

This is my first Steam sale, and in the past I've seen links to massive developer bundles for a heavily discounted price. But never really paid attention to them.

Yes Steam used to have these, but I don't believe many still exist as packs

rrs

The various humble bundle things?

Thanks Salsa for Trine... but what's this..that gift has triggered something...!!!

A wild giveaway appears!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Camel Master:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killing Floor -- MB-5FFF8103E28D10AE - Taken by Tertullian
Garry's Mod -- MB-A0A6806FF656EDD3 - Taken by jtb
Little Inferno -- MB-E737484E052EFAA2 - Taken by gngf123

Annubis

You're thinking of bundles.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I think they stopped doing them. I remember them last year. dat THQ bundle.

Edit- I remember someone brought the most expensive bundle there was and put it up for grabs in the Gaf bingo.

gngf123

That has happened before, but is more common with Humble Bundles and stuff like that.

KarmaCow

You're right, there used to be big publisher packs but they've done away with them as of late.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
You're right, there used to be big publisher packs but they've done away with them as of late.

Usually the discounts weren't that great, so I wouldn't be surprised if not as many people bought massive packs like the old Activision/EA/Ubi or "X" Franchise bundles.

People keep saying the GMG is better than the Steam sale so far but I am not seeing it, GMG sale so far looks far far worse than the usual awesome GMG deals.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

THQ was always down for a catalog sale, but they aren't around any more. Valve still sells a complete pack, but most publishers seem to have taken to smaller packages. The rest of them didn't change much either. Could have caused decreased sales because anybody who bought them early didn't have any reason to buy the whole package again the next two years.

Here's a list of all current deals on packaged games. Looks like it's mostly game+DLC or a few games together.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Usually the discounts weren't that great, so I wouldn't be surprised if not as many people bought massive packs like the old Activision/EA/Ubi or "X" Franchise bundles.

Honestly, if I was able to break up the bundle to give away games, I would have brought one or two last year.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like the Van Helsing DLC finally went on sale... Now to just wait for the daily
because I'm a bastard

KarmaCow

If you cared about the majority of the games in the catalogue, they were usually fantastic deals but the problem was that it usually filled with stuff no one wanted or already owned and it was easier to get the games you actually wanted for cheaper.

People keep saying the GMG is better than the Steam sale so far but I am not seeing it, GMG sale so far looks far far worse than the usual awesome GMG deals.

It's more spread out since they're only doing 4 deals a day but usually GMG eventually has the equivalent discounts and you can use their 20% discount code on top of that.

Who thought putting a dance button in Bittrip Runner 2 was a good idea? It goes against the Bittrip concept, and it's only purpose is to score you some extra points. What a bullshit feature. I think I'm done with this game. First one was so much better.

Grief.exe

Just got my xbox pc controller in the mail, ready to buy Dark Souls when it's $5.

My personal Game of the Generation. Enjoy it.

From the atmosphere, to the gameplay, to the story, top notch. You could tell there were a few areas that were rushed though.

Vibranium

Banned
Man Lego Marvel at GMG for $12 is just too good to pass up, good thing I waited. I just hope they start selling those damn preorder DLC packs so I can play as Winter Soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom