• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadbeat

Banned
Been waiting for a good Black Ops deal for over 2 years, I have no hope anymore. It's depressing.

iqV2Ay0.jpg
I got that 66% off coupon for blops 1 over 2 years ago. Dont regret using it one bit.

Kerblam!

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-1EDF6AE87B53D77F - Taken by Melhisedek

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm thinking of doing a Bad Rats Roulette giveaway, but last night's giveaway where the Bad Rats winners didn't activate their "wins" really put me off of the idea.

I'm not sure if there is a good way around this, though.

Turfster

I'm thinking of doing a Bad Rats Roulette giveaway, but last night's giveaway where the Bad Rats winners didn't activate their "wins" really put me off of the idea.

People that don't take their bad rats get put on the community blacklist!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
If you cared about the majority of the games in the catalogue, they were usually fantastic deals but the problem was that it usually filled with stuff no one wanted or already owned and it was easier to get the games you actually wanted for cheaper.

True, but when most individual sales were 5-15 bucks, buying a catalog of 5-8 games for 50-70 wasn't that great of a deal, especially when you couldn't (I think) break up games to keep stuff you didn't have, and sell/gift the rest.

hey neat modbot is over 9,000 successful giveaways.

That's awesome.

Tellaerin

Legit broke but...I loved the original Deus Ex (have triple dipped on it over the years, at least), but somehow never got around to HR. If I liked the first as well as spiritual successors sort of like alpha protocol and the first Mass Effect, will I like HR?

You'll definitely enjoy it. It's well worth the $5.

A little something:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dwarfs!? -- MB-593206291244BFBD - Taken by thestopsign. 3 entrants total.

t1387658486z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
People that don't take their bad rats get put on the community blacklist!

Not bad... I'm worried about people entering the giveaway hoping to get the good game that already have Bad Rats too though... hmmm

legacyzero

Banned
I really hope SpaceBase DF9 gets a really awesome sale. I only have $40 for the Steam Sale, and I'm hoping to maximize my purchases :p

Dambrosi

Banned
For anyone interested in Sword of the Stars: The Pit, you might notice that the Gold Edition DLC and the Mindgames expansion aren't discounted on Steam. They are currently on sale on GamersGate though.

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold DLC - $0.75 (75% off)
Sword of the Stars The Pit: MindGames - $1.25 (75% off)

I bought both a couple of days ago and they activated fine on Steam. Enjoy!
Thank you very much for this. Bought Mindgames, Blue Coined the Gold DLC.

But now I'm so close to leveling up, it's
not really
killing me.

I can't believe The Pit won. People didn't check to see what the current discount was before voting, did they?
I voted for it because I didn't own it. Something wrong with that?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Adding insult to injury, the iOS version of Tiny Thief is now free vs the 4.2€ @ 70% off on Steam =p

While I feel that is awful and terrible practice, right up there with Activision with Angry Birds on home consoles, I'm happy because now I have another free game on iOS I've been waiting on.
Do I still thank you for sharing the info even though it's in misery/resentment?

I would have activated and even played Bad Rats had I gotten it in the Bad Russian Roulette. I would do so for any other such giveaways where there is a chance I might get something good with the risk of getting it instead.

I voted for it because I didn't own it. Something wrong with that?

Nay, not if you really wanted it. The problem exists that there are some Steam users out there who seem to only choose what will be the cheapest option, not necessarily the best savings.

A little something to help the time fly between flash deal refreshes. Been a little bit since I've done one of these, hope this works.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-76FB04FCD6A2658A - Taken by StAidan. 8 entrants total.

t1387658352z1.png

Any chance Day Z goes on sale?

0.1% chance, probably.

Probably less.

Might as well play BF4 at this point. Slightly better gunplay, but the recoil has been reduced so its easier for COD players to pick up and play.

Grab it for cheaper, larger community, Grief is there.

I mostly play TDM and Domination anyways, which are essentially COD bread and butter modes. I mix in some Obliteration and Conquest, I guarantee the former is more fun than anything you can do in COD.

I just picked up a PS3 so I can experience the Souls series in its entirety.

I'm not huge on multiplayer shooters, but I've always preferred MW and MW2 to anything I've seen from BF.

But the real reason I quoted you was because something you said about Demon's Souls triggered a shift in my opinion. If anyone hasn't played both and is planning on doing so, I would highly suggest playing Demon's Souls on PS3 first followed by Dark Souls on PC second.

Most people in this thread can probably run Dark Souls at reasonable resolution with Durante's fix and do 30 (or 60fps). With that said, the console versions of all Souls games have framerate problems in areas. Since Demon's Souls is only on PS3, playing that first will not have you wishing it was the contstant 30-60fps you can get on a PC with Dark Souls. And definitely don't play Dark Souls on PS3 (or x360) if you can, as the slowdown when you're in blighttown can be bothersome. I was able to deal with it cause I'm used to it -- but that was as a huge Demon's Souls fan (so I expected it) and before there was a Dark Souls PC version.

Turfster

While I feel that is awful and terrible practice, right up there with Activision with Angry Birds on home consoles, I'm happy because now I have another free game on iOS I've been waiting on.
Do I still thank you for sharing the info even though it's in misery/resentment?
Thanks are always appreciated, and it wasn't so much misery/resentment as finding the discrepancy between their words and their actions hilarious. ;)

I can't believe The Pit won. People didn't check to see what the current discount was before voting, did they?

But you would need to click like more than once to check it - aintnobodygottimefodat.jpg

Voted Ninjas myself tho, looks neat but been holding grabbing it yet but will if it goes flash/daily, maybe even if it doesn't. I have a habit of buying games now if even one person praises a game and joining neogaf has crushed my wallet for both Steam and console purchases, I just can't live if I miss a "hidden gem" lol.

jshackles said:

Not probably doable but it would be great if only persons who don't have Bad Rats in their steam account can enter a Bad Rats roulette - like if modbot could check if the user has a game on their steam account somehow like humble bundle does. Those who then get Bad Rats should take the hit like a man.

I'm already tainted though. I have actually even installed it in on my laptop, yet dared to launch it. I saw my friend stream it on twitch and have been seeing nightmares from it.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Congratulations on Modbot's success, Stump. Seeing that grow and take off here has been awesome, and I know you've put a lot of time and effort into it, and improving it, for all our benefits. You've done a fantastic job, and I hope you know it's very much appreciated.

The Wolf Among Us worth it for 16?
Hard to say with only one episode out. I'd say yes if the wait between episodes doesn't bother you too much. The first episode is good, from what I've been able to play of it.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

You could give away the codes and not tell the name of the games maybe? (and ask for the winner not to tell) I don't know what happened last night and why those users didn't activate the games they won.

jshackles

Getting ready...

rAH0tNV.png

KiraFA37

Deus Ex HR - Ultimate Edition is on sale for 5 euros. Does somebody know the price before the sale if you both owned the original and the Missing Link DLC? I guess the sale price is the same for everybody just want to know how much I am saving.

Cheddahz

Banned
Deus Ex HR - Ultimate Edition is on sale for 5 euros. Does somebody know the price before the sale if you both owned the original and the Missing Link DLC? I guess the sale price is the same for everybody just want to know how much I am saving.

It was the same price for me before the sale

Smash88

Banned
Waiting on replies from NingenJanai, Tizoc and ninjaurbano.

Since you all wanted Swords of the Stars, and I only had one copy.

I decided to buy more to those that asked.

A lot of people wanted Spec Ops The Line. Maybe when it's a daily, I'll buy 3 copies to give out.

*Giveaway is closed*

Yondy604

Banned
SO deux ex directors edition, I never played any of the Deux ex games, Is this worth a buy?, hows the story, graphics, gameplay, etc.

Does it hold up?

StAidan

Finally snagged Papers, Please thanks to that last flash sale. Probably won't get a chance to try it out until after the winter sale is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom