• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Thing is that you can endlessly craft the sale badge. And some will do exactly that. You only need a few with an endless supply of money who will scoop up everything.
The number of whales who'll buy that many cards is scant compared to the market's total supply, though. And even they'll get fatigued; they won't craft endlessly. They might set a ridiculous goal (maybe lv 100?!!?!) but after a certain point they'll lose interest and move on.

Like I said, I dunno if you should sell now or wait a bit, but definitely don't wait until the last day. Even if the whales buy 90% of what's left on the market at that point, most of it will be going for like $0.02 as desperate sellers undercut each other.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I thought this was interesting. Pinball FX2's add-on "Star Wars - Balance of the Force" pack is 75% off - $2.49

Most of all their add-on tables are currently 50% off except for the Ms. Splosion Man table which is 75% off. Seems like an error or a pretty good deal for the new Star Wars Tables seeing as they were just released 2 months ago.

Thanks to whoever mentioned the Pinball FX 75% offs, got me some new tables (never to) play.

Too bad that The Pinball Arcade packs aren't discounted. They really screwed the pooch on the extra tables on that game. It doesn't surprise me: Most of their work is usually made first on iOS, second on Consoles and third, late and badly done, on PC. That clearly tells me that they're more interested in the Mobile market (and if that makes me a bad person, so be it).

Smash88

Banned
Monk I totally would be honored if you would accept me on your friends list. Check my profile for steam community link - if you are okay with adding me. :D

smr00

Banned
I'm with you. Don't tell me to wait so maybe I can save a couple more bucks when this shit is cheap enough already, there's no guarantee it'll be a daily, and I want to play it NOW.
Let's be real here... Nobody plays the games they buy off steam sales.

fallout

Oh man, sell the globe cards now or wait until the last day?
The last day will be PACKED with desperate sellers who'll massively undercut in the hopes of squeezing whatever centage they can out of the market before the cards disappear. Maybe you don't want to sell today, but don't wait until then!
Actually, if you look at the trend from the Summer Sale, people were buying up cards like crazy at the end, driving the price up. Then, that demand went away and the price went back down. The demand going back down likely occurred from a combination of people making badges and people trying to make money on selling the cards when they saw the price going up.

Even whining about voting it seems ;)
I knew someone would call me out on that. Figures it's you. :)

I would argue that my whining is rather small in comparison, though.

That's because the non-gaf steam users always pick the wrong games.

On the rare occasion some GAF people do make the mistake of not picking the right game so vote for Shadowrun so you don't fall into that 0.01%
The concept that there are "wrong" games and "right" games is what breeds the whining in the first place. Furthermore, I see people on GAF disagreeing about what the "wrong" and "right" games are. That is to say, statements like "Ugh! The community is so stupid! They should have voted for X!" and "Ugh! The community is so stupid! They should have voted for Y!" have appeared in the same thread about the same vote.

All that said, I don't think it's avoidable. People will be disappointed no matter what happens. It's just unfortunate that it clutters the thread.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
No hidden gems thread?

Whenever there is, I recommend the following.
Super House Of Dead Ninjas. 50% off currently, possible to get a better daily deal.
If Völgar is the Mega Drive/Genesis action game made today, Super House Of Dead Ninjas is the SNES game made today. Going down through a tower in frantic ninja killing scrolling action with variety of weapons to unlock and the reward of getting better at the game is worth it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/224820/

Really Big Sky. -75% off, not getting a better daily deal.
Procedural Generated, and weird, shoot-em-up of the side scrolling variety. Weird, but intense and always worth a "one more try" when you are just playing something to pass the time.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
If nobody noticed, we have top and bottom snow globes different in other regions again.

Top is Winter and Bottom is summer on North hemisphere countries, while top is Summer and Bottom is Winter on South hemisphere countries
Gotta love southern hemisphere awareness, it's weird growing up with end of year and Christmas always correlating to winter and snow in most media.

Santa-Chuck giving away a High-Quality AAA-Game by one of the most known developers in the gaming-industry:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-E2A8FE2B8D5F09C3 taken

AJ_Wings

So my most wanted so far might only be:

- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
- Maybe Oblivion GOTY

And that's about it, hoping for a CoJ daily pretty soon.

smr00

Banned
Actually, if you look at the trend from the Summer Sale, people were buying up cards like crazy at the end, driving the price up. Then, that demand went away and the price went back down. The demand going back down likely occurred from a combination of people making badges and people trying to make money on selling the cards when they saw the price going up.

I knew someone would call me out on that. Figures it's you. :)

I would argue that my whining is rather small in comparison, though.

The concept that there are "wrong" games and "right" games is what breeds the whining in the first place. Furthermore, I see people on GAF disagreeing about what the "wrong" and "right" games are. That is to say, statements like "Ugh! The community is so stupid! They should have voted for X!" and "Ugh! The community is so stupid! They should have voted for Y!" have appeared in the same thread about the same vote.

All that said, I don't think it's avoidable. People will be disappointed no matter what happens. It's just unfortunate that it clutters the thread.
It's pretty straight forward here.

Shadowrun = the correct vote
Everything else = wrong and to vote for the other games is an act of treason

it doesnt matter what you vote for because they all end up on sale

Prezhulio

Hmm I wonder what the odds of a ps4/xbox1 release of mgrr is...think I'll play it safe and pick up the pc version, been wanting to play it!

Also think I might wait for a brothers steam sale to match amazon....gotta get dat holiday cards for steam purchases!

Sini

Does the new bundle have single "key" for everything or can the games be activated separately? I already have Revenge of the Titans and I'm only interested in Droid Assault from there.

Edit: Oh, someone made a giveaway for only Revenge of the Titans so I'm going to assume they are separate.

Costia

It's pretty straight forward here.

Shadowrun = the correct vote
Everything else = wrong and to vote for the other games is an act of treason

it doesnt matter what you vote for because they all end up on sale

Shadowrun's sale sucks. It's 40% off already. The sale will be 55%, not much of a difference.

If nobody noticed, we have top and bottom snow globes different in other regions again.

Top is Winter and Bottom is summer on North hemisphere countries, while top is Summer and Bottom is Winter on South hemisphere countries

They really embraced the different seasons on the hemispheres.

L38GPDF.png

gogosox8

Hoping Shadowrun wins the community vote. Missed out on that one last time. Kind of interested in Origins but I didn't like City as much as AA and it looks like it will be more of City so I may wait on it unless it goes in a flash sale for under $20 then I've have no choice but to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom