• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Is there any reason not to sell cards? I was $.25 short so I put up a random Fortix card and made $.29! Enough to buy Monaco. I know it's just 25 cents, but I guess I don't see the appeal in cards...

If you aren't crafting stuff with them, sell away. Even at 0.10 each, it adds up.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Asking again

Is MGR in Amazon fine to add in Steam despite the "region restriction" normally found when buying through Steam? Also is the discount throughout December?

XShagrath

I'm surprised someone hasn't made an indie game called YOLO yet. Maybe some sort of manic shooter where you only have one life and a timer, and need to kill as many things and grab as much loot as you can before you expire.
Wouldn't all true roguelikes actually be YOLO games?

bkw

So now would be a good time to sell all my dup cards right? Then wait for the sale to be over to buy cheap to complete badges? (Assuming I don't care about the unique free to play items)

Most of the stuff I wanted to get during this sale is not discounted at all. Can't believe I missed the Bioshock Infinite season pass.

I'm about to buy Rogue legacy at 7.99 USD. Gaf is this a good deal? I noticed something about a global something, what does that do?

Also are there other titles similar to this and or any indie games that are worth my while?

cynostic

Aw man, I missed that season pass by the looks of it.

... Oooh, MGR! Hmm, is CS:GO even worth it? I've been out of the CS world for a long time...

It's all in the sales. Also, Konami wouldn't go through the effort of creating a PC studio for only 2-3 games.

He's saying that it's pretty much confirmed since Rising is on PC now. It's not officially confirmed.

He's basing it on Rising being #2 seller and Konami deeming at as success.

yeah i figured, thought i missed some actual confirmation

Merely a joke Stones. Just correlating the profits they are assuredly making to the fact that MGSV has been a rumored PC release for a long time.

no worries. Thought I missed something big. Here's hoping

No hidden gems thread?

On hour 2 of the sale? Calm yourself

Was the discount on the Deus EX Director's Cut if you already own it a timed thing?

It was $5 for me when first came out, but now showing full price, even in the cart....
No, the discount is just being overridden by the holiday sale price, which sucks for all current owners of HR who might want to buy a copy of the DC before January. I bought a copy earlier today for $4.99 (and gifted it to a friend using this trick)

Tellaerin

There are, simply, too many amazing games.

There really are, something for everyone.

And that's the way it should be, no? I can't play every good game that gets released anymore, even if I strictly limit myself to genres and themes I'm most interested in. There are just too many. I don't see this as a negative, though. It's like walking into a library or bookstore and knowing that I'll never be able to read more than a fraction of what's on offer in my lifetime. The knowledge that I can always pluck a book from a shelf at random and come away with something I've never read before is deeply satisfying to me. The same with movies. And now videogames have reached that point as well.

Blinck

By the way, maybe a stupid question, but is there a controller you'd recommend for PC gaming, more specifically for Dark Souls?

360 controller for PC.

Can't go wrong with it. Most games automatically map everything and shit, you don't have to do anything but plug it. It's pretty awesome

AsylumX

I'm about to buy Rogue legacy at 7.99 USD. Gaf is this a good deal? I noticed something about a global something, what does that do?

Also are there other titles similar to this and or any indie games that are worth my while?

it was 5,09 on the autumn sale... so you should wait. And yes, the game is really good is you like retro games and a challenge.

feel

Asking again

Is MGR in Amazon fine to add in Steam despite the "region restriction" normally found when buying through Steam? Also is the discount throughout December?
Apparently retail keys are still region free, only Steam gifts are locked (the ones you buy directly from Steam and put on your inventory or send to a friend).

Aw man, I missed that season pass by the looks of it.

... Oooh, MGR! Hmm, is CS:GO even worth it? I've been out of the CS world for a long time...
Yes it's more than worth it. You can even make a nice profit from it today after playing a few matches because there's new crates dropping that are going for like $10 on the market.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Actually, if you look at the trend from the Summer Sale, people were buying up cards like crazy at the end, driving the price up. Then, that demand went away and the price went back down. The demand going back down likely occurred from a combination of people making badges and people trying to make money on selling the cards when they saw the price going up.
That isn't the whole story. Looking at this Kerbal card, for ex., the average selling price went up by a mere ten cents between July 20th and July 22nd. The final average ended up being less than you could have gotten on day one or two. I think Skyrim is the only card out of the bunch where the ending spike beat the card's average price on day three. (So I guess, having actually looked at the graphs, I'll move to a definite "sell now".)

Based on how demand did nothing but fall post-Summer Sale, my hypothesis is that the people buying up cards and driving up the price at the end were largely speculators. Since we know the Winter Sale cards will disappear into thin air, the end of the sale means the end of the speculators' chance to make any money whatsoever. I admit I could be wrong! Especially since there's the new wrinkle of unlimited badge levels and being able to craft DOTA and other such items when forging. But I honestly don't think the whales will be willing to absorb the 60,000+ cards that will be dumped on the market when the sale ends.

AkuMifune

Banned
No, the discount is just being overridden by the holiday sale price, which sucks for all current owners of HR who might want to buy a copy of the DC before January. I bought a copy earlier today for $4.99 (and gifted it to a friend using this trick)

Thanks! I kind of assumed that was the situation, though it sucks we'll never be able to get a discount on the existing discount.

The_Monk

And that's the way it should be, no? I can't play every good game that gets released anymore, even if I strictly limit myself to genres and themes I'm most interested in. There are just too many. I don't see this as a negative, though. It's like walking into a library or bookstore and knowing that I'll never be able to read more than a fraction of what's on offer in my lifetime. The knowledge that I can always pluck a book from a shelf at random and come away with something I've never read before is deeply satisfying to me. The same with movies. And now videogames have reached that point as well.

That's indeed the way it should be, yes!

I was saying in a positive, mesmerizing and amazed way. A little something for everyone no matter how different their tastes are is the best for everyone.

Tellaerin

Wouldn't all true roguelikes actually be YOLO games?

Yeah, that's true by definition. xD But I was imagining something that more aggressively embodies the whole #YOLO meme - action-oriented, manic, with risk/reward mechanics that incentivize attempting really stupid and/or dangerous things for the possibility of a massive payout.

Arthea

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Killing Floor -- MB-CB09499F87E1B5B2 taken

in need of killing floor? Look no further

edited: wrong pic, here is indeed killing floor

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Your purchase has not been completed. Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company due to insufficient funds in the account.

Note that in some cases, your credit card company may put a 'hold' on funds in your account, but you will not be charged.

HEEEEEEEEELP T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom