• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Getting ready...

rAH0tNV.png

I like the idea of Bad Rats roulette, but I was lucky enough to be gifted it in the Summer Sale thread so I don't know whether to enter in the hope of winning the other game or abstain in case I get Bad Rats again. I can always pass it on to some other lucky chap/chapette I suppose!

JADS

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Retro City Rampage -- MB-010EC4670F1467BF - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo

Got this in the mail.

Silky

Banned
Guy who has all of the Winter sale cards in my friends list, and is willing to trade BUT Steam Trading is being stupid

gaben pls

I never realized there were so many give-a-ways in this thread, gonna have to keep more up to date on this haha. I just want to thank everyone for their generosity, this is seriously so cool.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
mOcbrsu.gif

Reminder and info that I updated the list with a few more games suggested in the Steam Sale Indie Games thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

Made it for the summer sale, had it renamed and now repurposed for the current sale. If anyone has new entries for that list that he recommends (since tons of games released since summer), make sure to post it over there (see OP for how to format).

yukonrye

Hope I did this right. Merry Xmas!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-AD63756E1BD2D0F0 - Taken by snack
Aquaria -- MB-C2289FC34BFC5769 - Taken by Link Man
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-CA83C17BCC45D9BD - Taken by Jignx
Red Orchestra -- MB-B78C618391432D66 - Taken by GK86
FEZ -- MB-B309174B674A0423
Magicka -- MB-76DD851158872ECB - Taken by Dr.Acula
Nightsky -- MB-90BC30DB64935038 - Taken by Mikurden
Bastion -- MB-E4009CEA958A4188 - Taken by spirity
Garry's Mod -- MB-08396ED6EAAF3D3E - Taken by belucheez
LIMBO -- MB-C7139A708B2788E2 - Taken by OFFIS
Darksiders -- MB-8A815EBBF061DA9D - Taken by WonkersTHEWatilla
King's Bounty The Legend -- MB-9AEFFCAA0C888D6A - Taken by Archaix
Frozen Synapse -- MB-8E56588FFA5C6018 - Taken by Pakkidis
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-F4FCDC07A8B16E39 - Taken by jmizzal
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-61700428F0E870DD - Taken by Eila
Red Faction Armageddon -- MB-6734CFFF97CDEB0D - Taken by Falifax
Brutal Legend -- MB-8FD7AAEA3672800E - Taken by XANDER CAGE

Grief.exe

I'm not huge on multiplayer shooters, but I've always preferred MW and MW2 to anything I've seen from BF.

That is why COD is so popular, its much easier for players that maybe aren't as experienced in FPS games.

SO deux ex directors edition, I never played any of the Deux ex games, Is this worth a buy?, hows the story, graphics, gameplay, etc.

Does it hold up?

You should probably just buy the base version of HR, the DC is essentially a downgrade. If you can still find it.

N.A

Banned
More codes to give away. Possibly have a few more tomorrow.

ModBot said:
Instructions for N.A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-4C615ED2C785DC2B - Taken by Zom
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-5F8C355D0FA982B6 - Taken by destx
Men of War: Red Tide -- MB-0E6802B4F619B779 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Metro 2033, Risen, Sacred Citadel -- MB-0D989D349B433819 - Taken by DXLelouch153
Men of War -- MB-1AEDE6D4F5C7A8E2 - Taken by Henry Swanson

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I wish the steam trade page would tell me if the user that I'm trying to trade with has a dupe that I may want.

graywolf323

Im' pretty sure the last day is the 2nd. All the stuff on sale the first day will most likely show up in flash and community sales as well.

actually it looks like everything ends on the 2nd, so the last day would be New Years Day itself

no it's January 2nd, I don't know why the main page says Jan 3rd but everything that's on sale says HOLIDAY SALE! Offer ends January 2nd

I kinda feel like buying a strategy game and I see Total War: Shogun II is on sale for $7.49.

I have very little experience with strategy games... I think Advance Wars Dual Strike is the only real strategy game I've ever played. Would Shogun II have a sharp learning curve for me?

I have this idea of a game that I think I would like: a strategy game with RPG elements, where your units can be permanently upgraded (like an RPG characters). Does a game like this exist? I like RPGs so it might make the transition to strategy games easier if it has RPG elements...

Waiting on replies from NingenJanai, Tizoc and ninjaurbano.

Since you all wanted Swords of the Stars, and I only had one copy.

I decided to buy more to those that asked.

A lot of people wanted Spec Ops The Line. Maybe when it's a daily, I'll buy 3 copies to give out.

*Giveaway is closed*

Thanks! Nice gesture from you.

Lain

I'm thinking of doing a Bad Rats Roulette giveaway, but last night's giveaway where the Bad Rats winners didn't activate their "wins" really put me off of the idea.

I'm not sure if there is a good way around this, though.

You say it's not bad rats, and then it's bad rats.

Gurrry

Fucking bought Nether and cant even play

Whoever I was arguing with last night about this game, I apologize. Its broken. It keeps wanting me to sync my account with steam, I already did that, and it STILL wont let me log in and play.

How easy is it to get refunds for games? Id rather use the 12 dollars I spent on a game during the sale that... ya know.. actually lets me play.

Good luck!

What was this SUPER AWESOME GAME?
I didn't win it, so I'm curious as to what it was. :)

That is why COD is so popular, its much easier for players that maybe aren't as experienced in FPS games.

You should probably just buy the base version of HR, the DC is essentially a downgrade. If you can still find it.

I had a lot of experience with MW and MW2 before I got burned out... I think, at least based off what I know of BF3, that it's not my cup of tea -- I do not like vehicles and stuff being involved. I just want FPS deathmatch... no planes/tanks/whatever unless they're killstreaks or something (I spent a ton of time with the Killzone and Resistance games on consoles too). Something about the vehicles really rubs me the wrong way.

As far as HR goes... I own both, but haven't played the DC yet. I'm curious to see what the "fixed" boss fights are like, since I never thought they were broken in the first place.
But you get seperate entires in your list, for sure... I have DE:HR, DE:HR:The Missing Link and DE:HR DC all in my library. You should be able to still buy the regular version somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom