• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked, I just checked why I had so many notifications and it seems it's from that screenshot I took from Batman Origins.

It's the most popular from this Week & ALL TIME.

Around 1000 US-AMERICAN-EUROPEAN-WORLDWIDE-THUMBS-UP.

I'm famous now, best Holidays gift ever.
:p

Let's see it!

Well, it adds in some bug fixes, but primarily, restores content, mainly end-game as well as a bit more depth on Korriban.

It really does make a difference in the ending, which, imo, was the only real negative aspect of the game.

Skip adding in the bonus planet M-748-EP (or whatever it is), though. It's much more unfinished than what was cut from the ending, and it shows.

And here I thought I was going to get away without purchasing anything today :\

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shattered Horizon -- MB-2BE5E8F64E6827B7 - Taken by Dimitri2401
Dino D-Day -- MB-2F493CC56BFCEDE2 - Taken by bobnowhere

I'm shocked, I just checked why I had so many notifications and it seems it's from that screenshot I took from Batman Origins.

Congrats,it did make me laugh when I first saw it!

Edit: Thanks for Dino d-day frustrated-grunt!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

You wouldn't happen to have a link to the screenshot would you Monk?

88random

There is a good deal on Deus Ex HR DC. I love the original game, but I heard it has a lot of bugs and performance issues. How much of that is true?

Tambini

Have you played it before? Because if not I think you are in for a treat. It is my favorite Star Wars game and one of my favorite RPGs of all time. Which reminds me I still never checked out the Restored Content mod. Maybe I should do that.

Nope I still need to finish the first one haha but I enjoy the first a lot so I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah I want to check out that mod too, I've seen a lot of posts on GAF about it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It is a turn based strategy game. I played over 20 hours of it on normal difficulty, and it felt pretty balanced at that difficulty.

You can start by playing on Easy to be honest. The tutorial is kind enough for explaining the basic stuff. You might get hooked up to the game once you start, I really like it. You have a team that you can improve as they do more missions and it will unlock new and better abilities for them.

You can also improve his/her armos, weapons and so on. Not sure if I answered everything, but let me know if you have any question.

No and no. It's a squad-based, turn-based, meatgrinder. Fun, but expect to lose squaddies. A lot.

Yes if you play it on Easy like I did as a noob to this type of game. It's still not a cakewalk on that difficulty level for a noob though so don't be frightened by a lack of challenge. You only have a squad of about six or so in your squad and it's turn based. Try the Steam demo; it might convince you as it did me. I absolutely adored the game and if not for FTL it would be my most favourite of all the games I've played on Steam since I started this whole adventure in the Spring.

The game can be tough even on normal. It's not like a rts, you only control a handful of soldiers. Resource management at your base is crucial.
The game is really good. You really feel like the odds are against you which makes each victory feel very rewarding. Watching your units evolve and eventually become super-soldiers is awesome.

Thank you for all the helpful replies. So now it's a choice between buying Total War Shogun 2, XCOM, and Might & Magic... although I searched the Steam store for Might & Magic and it looks like there's a bunch of games. Are they all similar to each other?

Dr.Acula

Banned
Here's what happened in Bad Rats/Starbound

Entry #1 -- MB-79F6FA9643B06609 - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom. 11 entrants total.
Entry #2 -- MB-3BF61F87A3575118 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 17 entrants total.
Entry #3 -- MB-298EF5B3D7801BA4 - Taken by DasFool. 13 entrants total.
Entry #4 -- MB-4A71BCAAFFDF93EE - Taken by drizzle. 1 entrants total.
Entry #5 -- MB-CD19724662B7D5E8 - Taken by Anteater. 4 entrants total.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
but - who was the lucky winner????

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

C'mon GAF.

Ezalc

Which one is starbound?

kulapik

If #4 is Starbound I'll laugh
and then cry because I changed it at the last moment :(

I'd lol if #4 was StarBound.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
DAMN YOU JSHACKLES

One entry for 4 and it's goddamn bad rats.. :D

Too bad I already have it. I'll gift it to somebody later.

Thank you for all the helpful replies. So now it's a choice between buying Total War Shogun 2, XCOM, and Might & Magic... although I searched the Steam store for Might & Magic and it looks like there's a bunch of games. Are they all similar to each other?

GO FOR SHOGUN 2!! It's awesome, though the other 2 are great as well.

Doomedfool

I'm guessing its this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205003834

Thanks for the Deus Ex mod recommendations. Man, based on the descriptions, Deus Ex 2 sounds like a mess lol. I'll still try to play it though :p

Well, if you are already going in with low expectations, you might like Invisible War. I got the game when it first came out, and although it was definitely a letdown after the first game, I was still able to enjoy it.

fuacZIX.png
I'm still immune to the Bad Rats virus.

Thanks JShackles for Starbound.

<3 <3 <3

Gazoinks

I realize this is too late to be a flash sale recommendation, but I am having a ton of fun with Blade Symphony. Very much recommended if you like sword fighting or fighting games.

The Cowboy

Is DE:HR-DC not as optimized as the standard version or something?, I just went trough the entire opening and it keeps hitching (like loading stutter) at various points, yet in the standard version during the same section with the same settings its smooth as butter.

Maybe I'm going mad, and its me hitching and not the game?.

Derrick01

Banned
Here's hoping farming simulator finally comes up in the next batch of flash sales. I'm short on games that should be boring as shit but somehow aren't.

jshackles

Thanks to everyone that participated in the Bad Rats Roulette. :)

Kabouter

Here's hoping farming simulator finally comes up in the next batch of flash sales. I'm short on games that should be boring as shit but somehow aren't.

I really can't explain it. By the way, if you end up buying it, check out the Courseplay mod. It allows you to automate some of the repetitive tasks by recording routes you drive, which also helps you actually come close to using the full size of the map, because it's way too much for a single player otherwise. You'd maybe be able to effectively harvest/reseed 3-4 fields at the same time otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom