• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

How is Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet?

I have a little bit of money in my steam wallet and was thinking of buying one of these games: FFVII, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lost Planet 1, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, or Super House of Dead Ninjas. What does GAF think?

fuacZIX.png
I'm still immune to the Bad Rats virus.

Thanks JShackles for Starbound.

<3 <3 <3

I KNEW IT WAS #2! DAMMIT YOU LUCKY BASTARD! ;)

I have a little bit of money in my steam wallet and was thinking of buying one of these games: FFVII, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light, Lost Planet 1, Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD, or Super House of Dead Ninjas. What does GAF think?

Super House of Dead Ninjas should be a flash deal or daily at some point and it's totally worth your money.
FF7 is great if you like JRPGs.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of light is a good top-down run n' gun game.

I'm not as high on Lost Planet, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, or Stranger's Wrath, but they're all good games. Just not in the same tier as the 3 I mention above, IMO.

Salsa

wolf among us is hella rad

about to finish ep 1 but gotta run off to a costume party

and cause I KNOW you're wondering

im going as johnny with plank

I'm guessing its this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=205003834

Thanks for the Deus Ex mod recommendations. Man, based on the descriptions, Deus Ex 2 sounds like a mess lol. I'll still try to play it though :p

I actually sort of liked IW, but you have to treat it like it's NOT a Deus Ex game. I haven't played it in a while though so maybe it hasn't aged that well, but the biggest issue I remember outside it not being very Deus Ex-ey was the VERY small maps. Thanks to the Xbox's low memory the maps for IW are hilariously small. The ammo issue is another, it truly sucks to be having fun with the sniper rifle or whatever then end up in a situation where you'd prefer to use your pistol or assault rifle only to realize you burned through all your ammo. It severely limits the usability of the more ammo-guzzling weapons and can be a huge pain, especially towards the end when enemies get a lot tougher, are most vulnerable to THE heaviest ammo-using weapon, and ammo suddenly becomes oddly rare.

Anyway, as for the original Deus Ex, I see you're already pointed at the graphical stuff but consider looking into total conversions as well. I'd play the normal game first, but after you're done my recommendation is The Nameless Mod, which is without doubt the best total conversion out there. It even surpasses Deus Ex itself in places. It WILL spoil Deus Ex though especially if you explore and listen to one character in particular, so yeah, original game first.

Dambrosi

Banned
Here's what happened in Bad Rats/Starbound

Entry #1 -- MB-79F6FA9643B06609 - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom. 11 entrants total.
Entry #2 -- MB-3BF61F87A3575118 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 17 entrants total.
Entry #3 -- MB-298EF5B3D7801BA4 - Taken by DasFool. 13 entrants total.
Entry #4 -- MB-4A71BCAAFFDF93EE - Taken by drizzle. 1 entrants total.
Entry #5 -- MB-CD19724662B7D5E8 - Taken by Anteater. 4 entrants total.
Hey, I entered for #4! What happened?

If you have never played Stranger's Wrath then I recommend getting it, It was one of my favorite games from that gen. That or FF7, didn't personally like Lost Planet so I advise against it and I can't really tell you about the others since I have yet to play them.

-MD-

Hope this works, first time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for -MD-:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami 1 -- MB-CA2FC274C7E92BEC - Taken by jmizzal. 15 entrants total.

t1387672483z1.png

Ezalc

Super House of Dead Ninjas should be a flash deal or daily at some point and it's totally worth your money.
FF7 is great if you like JRPGs.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of light is a good top-down run n' gun game.

I'm not as high on Lost Planet, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, or Stranger's Wrath, but they're all good games. Just not in the same tier as the 3 I mention above, IMO.

Thanks for the input!

Derrick01

Banned
I really can't explain it. By the way, if you end up buying it, check out the Courseplay mod. It allows you to automate some of the repetitive tasks by recording routes you drive, which also helps you actually come close to using the full size of the map, because it's way too much for a single player otherwise. You'd maybe be able to effectively harvest/reseed 3-4 fields at the same time otherwise.

Nice I'll keep it in mind for when I do eventually buy it, because I'm going to some day if it doesn't show up on this sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
$20 for a game that isn't even out is the thing.

So, JaseC once set his avatar as Saoirse Ronan for whatever reason then he got known as the Scorsese Romulan guy so he basically just kept using her as his avatar. JaseC accounts for approximately 97.0035% of posts in any given Steam thread. That's a lot of inertia.

History lesson time! I was channel surfing one afternoon back in 2011 and happened to catch her Ellen interview. I had no idea who she was at the time, but after jumping on IMDb following the segment I realised I'd actually seen some of her earlier stuff, namely Atonement, City of Ember and The Lovely Bones. I stuck with my Twin Peaks avatar (Cooper giving the thumbs up) for a short while longer but soon switched to my first Saoirse avatar -- though not the first one I made -- on, according to Windows, August 2nd (which fits as the first "Who's that girl in your avatar?" PM I received is dated August 5th).

Card Boy

Banned
Thanks for the Deus Ex mod recommendations. Man, based on the descriptions, Deus Ex 2 sounds like a mess lol. I'll still try to play it though :p

It's good not as good as the original or HR but still good. I've also got it modded which helps fix it abit graphically.

These are two screenshots i took. The first is Deus Ex Invisible War with widescreen mod + custom resolution, FOV fix + John P Texture Pack and the second is the original.

Modded
kXvrM.png

Original
WQLTM.png

Its not too major of an upgrade but lighting is better some of the textures are better, you obviously have widescreen, better FOV and a custom resolution for your monitor.

The game by default has AA but its not that good, i might have to do it via the GPU program.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like such a bad gamer having to consult walkthroughs for LIMBO. :(
I didn't know how to beat the first part. The very first:
pulling the cart towards you
. I checked a Youtube video, and turns out I was doing the right thing all along. I must have been pressing the wrong "action" key, or something, because I then was able to do it fine. Luckily I managed to beat the rest of the game on my own, which is something I should be proud of because I always suck at even the easiest puzzles.

zkylon

zkylewd
History lesson time! I was channel surfing one afternoon back in 2011 and happened to catch her Ellen interview. I had no idea who she was at the time, but after jumping on IMDb following the segment I realised I'd actually seen some of her earlier stuff, namely Atonement, City of Ember and The Lovely Bones. I stuck with my Twin Peaks avatar (Cooper giving the thumbs up) for a short while longer but soon switched to my first Saoirse avatar -- though not the first one I made -- on, according to Windows, August 2nd (which fits as the first "Who's that girl in your avatar?" PM I received is dated August 5th).

cute

I fell in love with zooey deschanel back when I was a 10 year old or something and saw her in that the offspring video. forgot about her for like 10 years and then found her on tv (playing depressed zooey on the movie winter passing) one day, she seemed familiar and the love was back on lol

Eleuin

Thanks guys, still need to play through the game for the first time so I've been thinking of buying the DC

Still the same price. With the sale or not. Too bad it doesn't update my library. I got Deus Ex: HR, Deus Ex: HR DC, Deus Ex: HR - The Missing Link. Yep.
Yeah I hate that, along with my library listing all the associated betas.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anybody interested in splitting a Forced four-pack? I can get one for $12 ($3 per head).

Edit: Sorted.

Hanzou

So what is everyone doing with the winter cards? Selling them now, selling them later hoping the price goes up? Crafting them? I sold one on thursday when they were going for about 75 cents but with the price dropping i'm not too sure

masterkajo

bedbound and sick. mostly sleeping. always wake in time for new deals though. steam and flu are messing with my inner clock, in a good way it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom