• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm almost interested in Forced after seeing their story they posted online in pictures.

Seriously, how can eight people live in an unused University classroom for 7 months and not be noticed???

If anyone else can put together a 4 pack for $3 each, count me in.

Grief.exe

Not with the money Bohemia is printing off of it. Haven't seen it budge off the top seller spot since it got there.

Can't stop this train .gif

Game is really early, but its already a lot of fun. Good base for them to iterate on content.

My current character has a lot of gear. I'm planning on going down to the coast, handcuffing a new player, and giving them my pistol and some supplies.

Hope this works

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Saints Row IV -- MB-F58B0A1EAF0DF363 - Taken by louiedog

Hanzou

Less giveaways and generosity this sale. I don't blame people, too many users like Java and BHK3 abusing the system.

I remember hearing some rumblings but what did they do? Just hover the thread F5ing and snatching all the giveaways instant or something more nefarious?

Smash88

Banned
I remember hearing some rumblings but what did they do? Just hover the thread F5ing and snatching all the giveaways instant or something more nefarious?

Pretty much. There was another member, that would PM everyone for keys, and was found out doing the same in other forums under the same alias.

Also I have no idea what others are talking about... but the amount of giveaways in this thread alone is insane.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if posted yet, but GMG has Lego Marvel Superheroes for $12 after coupon GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49. Activates on Steam.

Great Lego game!
I wish Disney Lego titles would go on sale :(

smr00

Banned
Less giveaways and generosity this sale. I don't blame people, too many users like Java and BHK3 abusing the system.
Java was the one that took like 99% of the summer sale giveaways, right?

I remember one guy (who i think was java) got multiple pages of pure hate.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm so torn between DayZ and Starbound. I wasn't a big of Terraria, but Starbound looks like it's more of my game (more RPG elements and the fact that it reminds me of Star Trek) and my friends are begging me to get DayZ, but I'm just worried about throwing down $30 for a game I may or may not like (never played the mod)

I hate having money sometimes

I'm so torn between DayZ and Starbound. I wasn't a big of Terraria, but Starbound looks like it's more of my game (more RPG elements and the fact that it reminds me of Star Trek) and my friends are begging me to get DayZ, but I'm just worried about throwing down $30 for a game I may or may not like (never played the mod)

I remember when you said you were done buying games for the year...

Not sure if posted yet, but GMG has Lego Marvel Superheroes for $12 after coupon GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49. Activates on Steam.

Great Lego game!
I wish Disney Lego titles would go on sale :(

It's going to be that price on Amazon Tuesday or Wednesday, I think. ($11.99) I think I'm sleeping on it until then... but thanks for the heads up -- again, it's hard to find anything in their "sale" as it's kind of all over the place in terms of organization.

Grief.exe

I would obviously be biased towards DayZ, both games are quite early however, while both will provide, potentially, many hours of gameplay.

jshackles

Where is this 4 pack for 3 each? Russia? It's showing up higher than that here..

Yeah must be Russia. Their 4 pack price is about $10.50 for 4 copies. Someone a few pages back mentioned they were doing a 4 pack for $3 per head. I missed it because I was watching Star Trek Voyager.

WELL SURPRISE, MARVEL IS OWNED BE DISNEY. SO TECHNICALLY IT IS A DISNEY LEGO GAME.

I GOTCHA, YEAH I DID. AWW YEAH.

lol good point Sajjaja! Now if someone could sell Steam keys for Lego Indy 1, Lego Star Wars III
and Lego Pirates
for 50-75% off I would be very happy indeed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I believe these "keys" require you to have an account at PlayNether to use. I'm not entirely sure if you receive a Steam key thereafter or if you're just given an installer, but in any case, if you're on the fence or otherwise want to try out the game for free, here you go:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Nether 72hour guest key #5 -- MB-BDE3060C71C417D4 - Taken by The Cowboy
Nether 72hour guest key #4 -- MB-FD6A10A88F711F1A - Taken by legacyzero
Nether 72hour guest key #1 -- MB-8674A5CA347FC4A6 - Taken by FloatingDivider
Nether 72hour guest key #3 -- MB-897A971894E45223 - Taken by Krappadizzle
Nether 72hour guest key #2 -- MB-BB606A89ACE8CC46 - Taken by ninjaurbano

I haven't seen a single saoirse ronan gif for last few pages, are you ok JaseC

Haha, your post was made at ~5:30am my time. ;)

jshackles

At this point, it is expected.

True. It's pretty simple really, the game with the highest discount or most "brand recognition" is going to win every time. Even if that means we only get to save an extra $0.30 on The Pit.

Lemstar

Saints Row 4 was as low as $15 right? Hope to see that again.
It's $20 at GamersGate today, and the 20% compensation discount brings it down to $16. (Of course, you might prefer to buy stuff on steam for the extra perks and such, but the lowest price to date there is $20.)

Faabulous

So is Sword of the Stars: The Pit any good? There's about 20 minutes left on it.

Do you enjoy roguelikes? If yes, then its not for you, better off back at DCSS, but if you had fun with those commercial Roguelike-likes(like Dredmor), then this is pretty fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom