• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

I figure this is as good of a place to ask as anywhere else - when's the next mainline Humble Bundle due? It should be Humble Bundle 10; the last one (9) was in early September, so I feel like we're due for another one really soon.

yukonrye

I'm not sure if I activated this key or not. If someone wants to try it let me know if it worked!
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War
PLL8Y-MZE8D-JL4FK

Arthea

I'm not even sure what I'm waiting for, too sleepy and I think I bought almost everything I wanted.

If I'll get a hold of my guy tomorrow, I could host Forced 4 pack 3$ each, we'll see.

I'm not even sure what I'm waiting for, too sleepy and I think I bought almost everything I wanted.

If I'll get a hold of my guy tomorrow, I could host Forced 4 pack 3$ each, we'll see.

What kind of game is forced, no access to computer so can't really look it up so efficiently ATM. If it is tempting and I like I might jump in if you can find a 4th guy.

^^^^

"Forced is a one- to four-player co-op arcade action RPG with puzzle and tactical elements. You are cast as slaves in the toughest fantasy gladiator school of them all, condemned to fight to the death, all the while attempting to win your freedom."

Buy a game on Amazon, get 5 dollars off a select game in January.

And yay, I finally crafted the snow globe. Whee!

That doesn't sound like a good promo... :\

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I figure this is as good of a place to ask as anywhere else - when's the next mainline Humble Bundle due? It should be Humble Bundle 10; the last one (9) was in early September, so I feel like we're due for another one really soon.

There's no fixed pace. It started at about 6 months between mainlines then got more frequent. But I would imagine most of the major candidates for inclusion want to ride out te holiday sales before bundling.

snack

It's $20 at GamersGate today, and the 20% compensation discount brings it down to $16. (Of course, you might prefer to buy stuff on steam for the extra perks and such, but the lowest price to date there is $20.)
Gotta get them winter globes yo.

THanks for Nether JaseC. I was actually considering buying it, but Mobius said it was pretty bad and needed some patches, and I saw that they put some out.

Arthea

What kind of game is forced, no access to computer so can't really look it up so efficiently ATM. If it is tempting and I like I might jump in if you can find a 4th guy.

I imagine it is enhanced and improved Diablo (><)
haven't played it myself, but supposedly coop is fun.

Miker

That doesn't sound like a good promo... :\

It's actually a pretty solid promo because Amazon's selection of Editor's Choice games is decent. Two years ago, I got Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 for $5 each ($10 - $5 code) and last year I got Walking Dead for $7.50 ($12.50 - $5 code) and Spec Ops: The Sand for $2 ($7 - $5 code).

The only "catch" is that you're still spending more money on games, but if you're really looking to buy more stuff, it's definitely great incentive.

EDIT:

There's no fixed pace. It started at about 6 months between mainlines then got more frequent. But I would imagine most of the major candidates for inclusion want to ride out te holiday sales before bundling.

Well, last year there was a Humble Bundle right in mid-December right before the Christmas sale, which was great in consolidating/cutting down my indie purchases for the winter sale, but it seems there's no such luck this time. This year, it's looking like I'm gonna buy Spelunky and Guacamelee for $3.74, then have them both show up in Humble Bundle X next year :-/

smr00

Banned
Steam sales been sucking after first day.
Bioshock Infinite season pass for $5 makes up the shitty sales so far (for me at least)

besides, we still have 12 days? 11 days? And then Amazon will do their Jan sale along with probably GMG again so i ain't even mad. Although i have been firing money at my tv like a machine gun yelling TAKE MY MONEY STEAM and they seem to continue to put up their shitty deal force field.

Dr Dogg

It must be late as I just bought Enemy Within and The Bureau despite repeatedly telling myself "wait until they get a base price drop" as I was adding them to my cart.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

LiK

Bioshock Infinite season pass for $5 makes up the shitty sales so far (for me at least)

besides, we still have 12 days? 11 days? And then Amazon will do their Jan sale along with probably GMG again so i ain't even mad.

I got that too. Pricing errors are the best.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The select games will be on sale and the 5$ credit will stack, even with games that have a 5$ price point. If last year was anything to go by the deals should be awesome.

Do you need to use a code or something to get that Amazon promo?

Turfster

It must be late as I just bought Enemy Within and The Bureau despite repeatedly telling myself "wait until they get a base price drop" as I was adding them to my cart.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Watch both be a flash sale in 5 minutes.
5 minutes, man.
Why couldn't you hang on?

The Cowboy

besides, we still have 12 days? 11 days? And then Amazon will do their Jan sale along with probably GMG again so i ain't even mad.

Its a crap sale because I missed this, dam it to hell!.

Echoplx

It's actually a pretty solid promo because Amazon's selection of Editor's Choice games is decent. Two years ago, I got Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 for $5 each ($10 - $5 code) and last year I got Walking Dead for $7.50 ($12.50 - $5 code) and Spec Ops: The Sand for $2 ($7 - $5 code).

The only "catch" is that you're still spending more money on games, but if you're really looking to buy more stuff, it's definitely great incentive.

You can just buy some 50c dlc and get some coupons ;)

Prophane33

This is been my lowest spending on a steam sale ever, .75 (thanks to card money). Of course I've only purchased Sword of the Stars: The Pit (and DLC).

Dr Dogg

Watch both be a flash sale in 5 minutes.
5 minutes, man.
Why couldn't you hang on?

Hahaha I'm not that crazy.

Because they were both on flash deals for 50% and 75% respectively and it was buy now or have to wait for the inevitable daily at the same price. My reasoning was that The Bureau hasn't done too well in sales and might drop fro a base price of £29.99 to £19.99 after Jan and will be dirt cheap next year. Though it's something I'm going to play right away so I can deal with a couple of quid loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom