• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

The only game I have from the vote is Proteus, which was I thought was pretty shit. And the other two don't seem like my kind of games. I will go with the GAF majority of Legend of Dungeon.

Whools

It's not much, but here. Ticket to ride might have been redeemed, if it was I'm sorry, but I'm 90% sure it wasn't
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-BC0B0FB252B3E4CC - Taken by Zom
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-90ACDF4F392B52D4 - Taken by Luap
Ticket to Ride -- MB-9DB062CE4ECC5731 - Taken by LuffyZoro
Guardians of Middle Earth -- MB-E9C75F1D4945D3C5 - Taken by Krappadizzle
Eets Munchies -- MB-F9C157CEB71DB157 - Taken by MadBrad
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-1375A1FF0615B804 - Taken by zerokoolpsx
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-584365077F217097 - Taken by Gez
Greed Corp -- MB-CCB562D1F18CCC11 - Taken by kudoboi
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! -- MB-31E94BA289BEDB8F - Taken by Ezalc
Anodyne -- MB-2562FCED42C1C391 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Anomaly Korea -- MB-C4C71C0E24B59FF2 - Taken by Melted77

Coppanuva

Is the Civ V gold edition upgrade just all the DLC the gold edition has added over the regular version? I have base game but not any of the expansions and it looks like the gold version has at least Gods and Kings. Not sure if that's worth getting at $7.50 or if the $5 is enough, not that I play it that much I guess.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just noticed this, how weird. I think I'll get it because of the cheap price and that I have a new rig. just as good as another game I won't get around to playing I guess.

I bought it too for the same reasons. I'm going to be buying a new PC in about 4-6 months so it'll be cool to see how my PC now compares to the new one when I get it.

I'd say that (and the fact that it has achievements) is as good enough reason as any to buy it.

Dr Dogg

I just noticed this, how weird. I think I'll get it because of the cheap price and that I have a new rig. just as good as another game I won't get around to playing I guess.

Be aware the demo version is the regular basic edition you would download from Futuremarks website. Only difference from the paid version is Extreme benchmarks, can run each test individually and have better compare tools if I remember correctly. Then again it's cheap as chips, go nuts!!!

The_Monk

As I'm typing this I'm watching DARK SOULS CREDITS.

:')

I never felt this good for finishing a game to be honest, the pain endured and the persistence leading to a great feeling of risk & reward made this game the most incredible experience I ever had in recent times regarding videogames. It's just amazing to have finished Dark Souls, something I never though I could make it to be honest.

-------------

Now... I guess I need a new game to play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Red Faction has GFWL, anyone know if that's going to be removed? Not much point buying a GFWL game if not.

Somebody here asked Nordic a few months back if it has any plans to patch out GFWL and was told "No comment." Take from that what you will.

Echoplx

Discounting the same shit every sale gets old so fast. Only Amazon and GMG tries new games in their catalogs,

I think this mainly stems from Valves passive approach to getting publishers involved in sales, Amazon or at least Tony seems to actively pursue and put pressure on them to be competitive while steam just sends a form and waits for a response.

I could be completely wrong though.

Radio

I never felt this good for finishing a game to be honest, the pain endured and the persistence leading to a great feeling of risk & reward made this game the most incredible experience I ever had in recent times regarding videogames. It's just amazing to have finished Dark Souls, something I never though I could make it to be honest.

-------------

Congrats! You should play...

DARK SOULS NG+

Arthea

Is the Civ V gold edition upgrade just all the DLC the gold edition has added over the regular version? I have base game but not any of the expansions and it looks like the gold version has at least Gods and Kings. Not sure if that's worth getting at $7.50 or if the $5 is enough, not that I play it that much I guess.

Gold has Gods of Kings and most dlc. I got it over whatever version I had after vanilla, and it was worth it.

Just got home from work and saw CS:GO 75% off. Aw yiss. Missed the last sale they had a few weeks ago by about 30 mins so I'm quite happy. :)

The Forced story got me. Between that and a friend wanting it, I bought a 4 Pack, and have two to give away:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FORCED -- MB-92C9061DCD80CB0C - Taken by Kastrioti. 24 entrants total.
FORCED #2 -- MB-8AFCC7D51E0A21A3 - Taken by hom3land. 15 entrants total.

t1387689268z1.png

Coppanuva

Giving away a copy of Cortex Command and Little Inferno!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cortex Command -- MB-7190D26BB0CDE0E2
Little Inferno -- MB-729975DA8E2ED1F2

t1387689493z1.png

Grief.exe

-------------

Just letting you know, I, and others, were jaded towards other games after completing Dark Souls. Literally took me months, to appreciate other games again.

I loved the final boss though. That music is so perfect. The lore for that moment is quite insane as well, takes you a couple play throughs to realize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom