• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
3DMark. Run "Fire Strike: Extreme". FPS: 10

obamanotbad.jpg

Dr Dogg

Why are we not talking about NETHER more?

It looks really awesome! Is there something wrong with it?? I might just buy in..

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/08/rsz_nether05.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hahaha go on then what's the jist. Does sure look purrdy though (saying that I've been monkeying around with Gears of War which is the greyest game ever so everything else look vibrant).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Why are we not talking about NETHER more?

It looks really awesome! Is there something wrong with it?? I might just buy in..

rsz_nether05.jpg

>

On Nether, I made a video of it earlier today for the people who wanted some things on Nether: http://www.twitch.tv/aestheticgolem/b/488953888

On opinion, while it's in beta and still very rough around the edges, it has some good fun to be had. Fun with friends, the monsters are varied and interesting, some good exploration element, and random events are nice to have. It still has a lot of features, fixes, and the like to have implemented (the game has two bigger updates each month so far, with the last update being four days ago that added some new items, added a new enemy known as the golem, and added subway tunnels), but is fun as it is now and promising for the future. Just know if you pick it up now it is all still very janky, and while a survival type game, it is more game-y than something like Day Z (you have levels, skill points, events, etc.)

V The post below me is untrue. The developers of Nether made Dark Meadow and World War Z (game adaption of the movie) on iOS, they had nothing to do with War Z/Infection.

smr00

Banned
Any good dungeon crawlers? Diablo-esq games on steam worth checking out? Aside from obvious ones like Van Helsing, Path of Exile, R.A.W, Torchlight etc? I got that itch and i need to get scratching.

Oreoleo

I got stuck at the Gargoyles on Dark Souls and never went back.. Hell of a game though.

That's a big road block for a lot of people. There are a few areas you can clear before you have to fight them, assuming you are fighting them right after the Undead Burg. Go take on the Lower Burg or Darkroot Garden, level up a bit come back and see how you do :)

Dark Souls is such a rewarding experience, I hate to see people getting frustrated so early in the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any good dungeon crawlers? Diablo-esq games on steam worth checking out? Aside from obvious ones like Van Helsing, Path of Exile, R.A.W, Torchlight etc? I got that itch and i need to get scratching.

Grim Dawn is quite solid, though it's in Early Access and therefore not content complete. It's being developed by former Iron Lore (Titan Quest) folks and even uses the TQ engine.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Nether has the same devs that worked on WarZ - but they are the ones that left or whatever.

No thanks.

This is untrue. The developers of Nether made Dark Meadow and World War Z (game adaption of the movie) on iOS, they had nothing to do with War Z/Infection.

Melted77

Have a few extras to give away.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Melted77:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

XIII Century Gold Edition -- MB-66668473EE4E3049 - Taken by graywolf323. 3 entrants total.
Tower Wars -- MB-7DBF6C646032FF28 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 6 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-C9980DE2B370E896 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Knytt Underground (Desura) -- MB-56B4DD03CE54742B - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
MacGuffins Curse -- MB-0A43E0CFEBDAFA7B - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 2 entrants total.
Mafia II -- MB-C4CE980CCD17F301 - Taken by thecharrr. 11 entrants total.
Fortix -- MB-E6C9127556CE463F - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-122917601690E9C4 - Taken by Krappadizzle. 3 entrants total.

t1387680177z1.png

The_Monk

Just letting you know, I, and others, were jaded towards other games after completing Dark Souls. Literally took me months, to appreciate other games again.

I loved the final boss though. That music is so perfect. The lore for that moment is quite insane as well, takes you a couple play throughs to realize it.

Thanks Grief. I think It's kind of expected to be honest. I'll be okay with some "fillers" or 8 hour SP Campaigns as long I manage to find at least one decent game between those titles. I'm going to check the Backlog and do some search on Steam too. Oh Dark Souls looks so much better on PC, very happy with it thanks to Durante.

Lain

I'm not even sure what I'm waiting for, too sleepy and I think I bought almost everything I wanted.

If I'll get a hold of my guy tomorrow, I could host Forced 4 pack 3$ each, we'll see.

If you do and have an open spot, I'd like a copy for 3$.

derExperte

Vote for Proteus or Legend of Dungeon? I'm guessing Proteus will win just because it seems to be more well known.

LoD please. And I hope for selfish reasons that the lower price, Proteus being in bundles and the Steam community tending to not liking 'non games' will help it winning.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Will probably pick up Legend of Dungeon when it goes on flash—I'll be surprised if it doesn't win. Would probably prefer Proteus on Vita anyway if I ever end up with it.

...Might pick up AVGN Adventures because my brain is broken. (◍•ᴗ•◍)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here are a couple of previously-unclaimed keys that need a home:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

World War 2 Panzer Claws -- MB-C9BC7E6271F27B72
World War 3 Black Gold -- MB-51EFDAFAE5A67FDA - Taken by Tolerance

There's also a key for the Guardians of Middle-earth Smaug's Treasure DLC that's been collecting dust, though I'd be surprised if anybody takes it (there are no restrictions, by the way).

Miker

I can't believe Darksiders 2 is still $50 when not on sale.

Maybe it's because it was released when THQ was in its death throes and they didn't bother changing the price? I agree, though, it's a bit annoying. Even Kingdoms of Amalur dropped to $30 MSRP.

What's a good strategy rpg bundle to buy from Steam?

XCOM would probably be the closest thing, and there's an XCOM + Enemy Within bundle for $20 on Amazon (maybe not now, but some time? or maybe it's already gone? not sure). Otherwise, I think Agarest is an SRPG in the traditional Japanese sense. There's not that much else in the genre that's really "strategy RPG," only one or the other.

hom3land

going back to Dark Souls .. haven't played in almost a year. and my actual game screen is only like 1/4 of the screen.rest is black... owell I'll never get through my backlog. will just play TF2.

Coppanuva

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cortex Command -- MB-7190D26BB0CDE0E2 - Taken by LuffyZoro. 11 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-729975DA8E2ED1F2 - Taken by Hop. 3 entrants total.

t1387689493z1.png

Going to sleep, just reposting this before I head off to let more people enter if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom