• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

OFFIS

going back to Dark Souls .. haven't played in almost a year. and my actual game screen is only like 1/4 of the screen.rest is black... owell I'll never get through my backlog. will just play TF2.
update dsfix and:
ibcHNVVvjLzWRG.gif

yukonrye

Hmm..there are things I'd like to buy now, but I really want to hold off spending until I see -75% on Guacamelee & Rogue Legacy. Think that'll happen?

Lain

I still have the Recettear game I gave away through modbot Friday sitting in my Steam inventory. I'm guessing the person that won it didn't claim it yet?

derExperte

Hmm..there are things I'd like to buy now, but I really want to hold off spending until I see -75% on Guacamelee & Rogue Legacy. Think that'll happen?

Guaca was 3.75 at the Humble Store yesterday so they have no problem going that deep. Rogue? Check if it was a daily during the autumn sale. If yes that'll be the price again max.

Yeah, and some of them are ridiculous like using a 12core CPU or 3+ GPUs in your system.

Also has one for using new unreleased hardware that isn't in the 3dmark database yet.

That's not ridiculous that's called awesome. Hot Pursuit is the safe to buy good one, right?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-AEB974B3EAA8B912 - Taken by MadBrad
The Ship #2 -- MB-2C0884C7BB5C719D - Taken by Shrike Alvaron

Derrick01

Banned
Just letting you know, I, and others, were jaded towards other games after completing Dark Souls. Literally took me months, to appreciate other games again.

I loved the final boss though. That music is so perfect. The lore for that moment is quite insane as well, takes you a couple play throughs to realize it.

Wish I could have cared that much about Dark Souls. I just thought it was a decent but mostly forgettable game. Fuck that one boss where you fall into that huge pit where everything's black. I guess that's technically 4 bosses.

Proteus had the highest metacritic score and I remember good things being said about that so I voted for that, but I guess Legend of Dungeon could be one of those acquired tastes or one that got slammed too hard by critics, need to look into it more.

Proteus -- the Atari 2600 version of Dear Esther. :lol

I'll take a game with actual "gameplay", personally. ;)

Wish I could have cared that much about Dark Souls. I just thought it was a decent but mostly forgettable game. Fuck that one boss where you fall into that huge pit where everything's black. I guess that's technically 4 bosses.

If you take long enough defeating the Four Kings, you can have like #5, #6, #7 showing up, I think.

I still have the Recettear game I gave away through modbot Friday sitting in my Steam inventory. I'm guessing the person that won it didn't claim it yet?

That would seem likely -- I'd volunteer to take the bullet but I need to start limiting my backlog, I'm playing like 9 games at the same time at this point.

The_Monk

You can see it as one Boss with one Health bar or 4 Bosses with 4 Smaller health bars. I beat that one today, I was failing bad, but once again, it's because you need time to learn and understand their pattern, weakness, etc.

I blame the Huge, massive "hand-holding" in most of recent games. Dark Souls just does not have a constant arrow/radar/etc saying where to go and what you should do all the time, making all the job for you. When I understood that enemy I killed them all alone in about 1 or 2 minutes at most.

derExperte

pls no benchmark posts for the next 10 pages

SteamGAF pls

Though I wonder what I'll get in that extreme test with my glorious 660.

brb

I'm thinking of picking up the Sleeping Dogs Collection for $8 and 3DMark for $2.50. I don't have a particularly beefy computer, but it's hard to say no at that price. As for Sleeping Dogs, I like the extra costumes and missions, but I don't want to use the DLC that gives me extra experience points or anything. Is there a way to selectively enable DLC packages? And what do you guys think overall? Is it a good deal?

frostshade

Neo Member

I'd volunteer for it but I'm a lurker. .-.

XCOM would probably be the closest thing, and there's an XCOM + Enemy Within bundle for $20 on Amazon (maybe not now, but some time? or maybe it's already gone? not sure). Otherwise, I think Agarest is an SRPG in the traditional Japanese sense. There's not that much else in the genre that's really "strategy RPG," only one or the other.

I was looking for a game more along the lines of Baldur's Gate and/or Dragon Age. But these are good suggestions since I worded my post badly. Thank You

smr00

Banned
Must be, I have Comcast Blast internet and have absolutely no caps. If they were to add one I'd drop them in a heartbeat. All the providers I've used in the past also didn't have caps. Caps are evil.
You sure you don't have a cap? If not then you are lucky in that your area is still testing what cap to give you.

Here in TN, at least knoxville, we got like 8-10 months of unlimited bandwidth before them switching from 250gb (previous cap) to 300gb. Comcast only offers unlimited through their business class. As of now they are implementing new caps based on areas and still testing so get ready to drop them :-/

My limit on Comcast is still currently suspended. Love the unlimited for the last year and a half.
Yeah they ended ours a few months back and implemented 300gb.

Those mother fuckers. My only other option is ATT which has a worse cap and WOW! which i hear has unlimited but i also hear their internet goes down more than comcast.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
pls no benchmark posts for the next 10 pages

SteamGAF pls

LMAO agreed.

Regardless the generosity of some of you is incredible. This is one of many reasons GAF is the best. Happy Holidays to all I wish you the best.

Honest to God/Allah/Buddah/Atheist God this thread helped me discover the greatness that is Steam. For me it was something to use to launch TF2. Pretty incredible what Gabe has done. Up until this point it was always consoles for me but this has caused me to reconsider for the future.....

cicero

I thought about that again and loved my incredulity at 300GB a year when I remember sitting around waiting for webpages to load on 28.8/33.6 kbps modems, and then upgrading to the epic 56k modems where I might max out with epic 5.1k/sec download speeds.

NFS Hot Pursuit bought, I hope it doesn't have a locked FPS or anything stupid that EA might implement. Anyway, should be a solid racer.

Wait, was going to sleep but should I buy 3D Mark or not..decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom