• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Any good dungeon crawlers? Diablo-esq games on steam worth checking out? Aside from obvious ones like Van Helsing, Path of Exile, R.A.W, Torchlight etc? I got that itch and i need to get scratching.

It's been a hell of a lot cheaper than it is right now, but I liked Krater. It was apparently a broken mess at launch and reviewed accordingly. I enjoy what I've played of it though, mostly because it seems designed for single player (you control 3 characters and switch between them, giving you access to multiple classes at a time) and I rarely play those games online anyway.

The_Monk

NFS Hot Pursuit bought, I hope it doesn't have a locked FPS or anything stupid that EA might implement. Anyway, should be a solid racer.

Wait, was going to sleep but should I buy 3D Mark or not..decisions

Let me know if you plan of playing it anytime soon as I'm curious to see how much better looking can it be from the console version. With Dirt 2 & 3 finished last month I'm out of racing games and my driving needs are increasing.

I finished that game (on the PS3) but wouldn't mind playing again. I only didn't like the very last race, it was horrible for me! And very frustrating too...!

3DMark. Run "Fire Strike: Extreme". FPS: 10

obamanotbad.jpg

I'm assuming its the combined test.

Graphics Test 111.8 fps
Graphics Test 28.69 fps
Physics Test 31.1 fps
Combined Test 4.64 fps

:(

Frologic

Legend of Dungeon just released an update that fixed the annoying inventory system with hotkeys and added 3 new game mods (daily dungeon, Impossible and seed). Best way to describe the game is 2d dark souls. I'd love it if this game had an active community in the dailies.

Derrick01

Banned
You can see it as one Boss with one Health bar or 4 Bosses with 4 Smaller health bars. I beat that one today, I was failing bad, but once again, it's because you need time to learn and understand their pattern, weakness, etc.

I blame the Huge, massive "hand-holding" in most of recent games. Dark Souls just does not have a constant arrow/radar/etc saying where to go and what you should do all the time, making all the job for you. When I understood that enemy I killed them all alone in about 1 or 2 minutes at most.

Yeah that was 1 of 2 bosses I struggled on in the whole game (capra demon the other one, and he really wasn't hard it was those damn dogs getting in my way). It's really not that bad of a game if you're careful and study patterns.

derExperte

true, let's talk about bandwidth caps and how lame dark souls is instead

So lame. Demon's Souls or bust.

Legend of Dungeon just released an update that fixed the annoying inventory system with hotkeys and added 3 new game mods (daily dungeon, Impossible and seed). Best way to describe the game is 2d dark souls. I'd love it if this game had an active community in the dailies.

Honestly I remember people saying that LoD isn't all that good right after release but for a buck fifty I'll give it a chance.

smr00

Banned
true, let's talk about bandwidth caps and how lame dark souls is instead
We could just talk about how shitty comcast is for 5-6 pages.

It's been a hell of a lot cheaper than it is right now, but I liked Krater. It was apparently a broken mess at launch and reviewed accordingly. I enjoy what I've played of it though, mostly because it seems designed for single player (you control 3 characters and switch between them, giving you access to multiple classes at a time) and I rarely play those games online anyway.
I bought Krater when it was a broken mess but had no idea it's been fixed.

That and Mafia 2 will be my holiday time killer i suppose.

Man, I'd be done for with usage caps, I averaged around 485gb last month and am sitting at 185gb right now for this month (just under 2 weeks in).
The one thing i will give credit to comcast for is that once you go over they just add 50gb and charge you instead of booting you off. I got booted off comcast for a year back in like 06 for using like 1.5TB worth of bandwidth.

My biggest problem with this idea is tha they charge $10 per 50gb which is out-fucking-rageous. It should be $5 for every 50gb over or you can just pay a premium of like $30-40 more and get unlimited. It's 2013 goddammit

I just bought The Wolf Among Us for $16. I Know 33% off is kinda meh, but the game is only one episode in.

I honestly just want to see what TellTale did with it after reading a bit of the comic series -- it was also on sale on the Kindle. I enjoy the Fables world, premise and characters. Since that's what TellTale's known for, I think it will be worth buying -- even at a pretty meagre discount.

LiK

I just bought The Wolf Among Us for $16. I Know 33% off is kinda meh, but the game is only one episode in.

I honestly just want to see what TellTale did with it after reading a bit of the comic series -- it was also on sale on the Kindle. I enjoy the Fables world, premise and characters. Since that's what TellTale's known for, I think it will be worth buying -- even at a pretty meagre discount.

Great deal. First ep was fantastic.

Zeliard

Wow, I bought XCOM: Enemy Within through Amazon in the nick of time. Got it for $14.99 just a few minutes ago and now it's back up to $19.99.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
So lame. Demon's Souls or bust.

Honestly I remember people saying that LoD isn't all that good right after release but for a buck fifty I'll give it a chance.
I don't like that the melee combat in Legend of Dungeon has no defensive options. You literally trade hits with enemies. The graphics are great though, and some of the power ups are hilarious.

Thank you Melted77 for Hydrophobia. Geez, I've entered a ton of ModBots in the past and never one, now I've won 3 in the last 4 hours or so.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
We could just talk about how shitty comcast is for 5-6 pages.

I bought Krater when it was a broken mess but had no idea it's been fixed.

That and Mafia 2 will be my holiday time killer i suppose.

I didn't play early, but when I was looking at it I found quite a few people who insisted that most of the problems were fixed. Apparently it even launched without multiplayer, that was added in long before I got it.

Zeliard

Guess it was... within the time limit.

2/10

Haha

I had no idea the deal was on the verge of ending. After I bought it I was about to note in this thread that people interested in the game should look to snag it through Amazon instead of Steam, but I refreshed the page on a whim and saw the price had climbed back up to $19.99.

smr00

Banned
6SeNydR.png

Dunder is so awesome. Thanks for the graduation/christmas present buddy. ♥
Let me know what you think of RE6.

Been pondering it and the 3DS port for awhile now. The biggest off-put to 6 for me is i don't know anyone who owns it or wants to coop.

Let me know what you think of RE6.

Been pondering it and the 3DS port for awhile now. The biggest off-put to 6 for me is i don't know anyone who owns it or wants to coop.

Dude, same for me. I want to play it, I just don't want to play through it alone. I love horror games, but from what I've heard it's just not a great game. Bad games are pretty fun to playthrough if you are playing CoOp. Add me on Steam and we can play it. I have a mumble too.

Steam: Krappadizzle

smr00

Banned
Dude, same for me. I want to play it, I just don't want to play through it alone. I love horror games, but from what I've heard it's just not a great game. Bad games are pretty fun to playthrough if you are playing CoOp. Add me on Steam and we can play it. I have a mumble too.

Steam: Krappadizzle
I will add you in the morning.

Yeah, coop in shitty games makes it fun. I would of never made it through RE5 (not that RE5 is shitty) or Deadspace 3 without a friend because i am just terrified to play them alone.

thefil

Picked up Dragon Commander on the flash sale, and have to say, it exceeded even my highest expectations. It's a four layer strategy game - a total war style tactical map, a "resource capture" style RTS, a flying action game, and Mass Effect style conversation engine. None of these components live up to their inspirations, but the game is so much more than the sum of it's parts. The different pieces meld so much better than you'd expected.

People should pick up this game when it hits $20 again. PLEASE. It's so good.

Picked up Dragon Commander on the flash sale, and have to say, it exceeded even my highest expectations. It's a four layer strategy game - a total war style tactical map, a "resource capture" style RTS, a flying action game, and Mass Effect style conversation engine. None of these components live up to their inspirations, but the game is so much more than the sum of it's parts. The different pieces meld so much better than you'd expected.

People should pick up this game when it hits $20 again. PLEASE. It's so good.

Will wait for $10 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom