• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know if you plan of playing it anytime soon as I'm curious to see how much better looking can it be from the console version.

Sure I'll post impressions. Not sure whether I'll play it next week or a bit later as I haven't got a working gamepad to my pc yet. Actually I bought this for the pc because I've had almost every other racing game on console before this. I can tell then how this pc version looks compared to the console ones.

Didn't get 3D mark, don't want to fall in that software collecting pit. Though if i manage to wake up before the flash deals vhange.. I might bite.

I'd love to see Resident Evil 6 as a daily because I really want to try it, just not at $20.

Also hoping to see if Resident Evil 5 gets GFWL patched out and the remaining DLC added in later.

legacyzero

Banned
It's a pretty looking game. I'm having fun with it so far.

irBMaK1S3ybkJ.png

ibhlQ5TW1niNgT.png

Juice

So far I've picked up Papers, Please & The Wolf Among Us

Of all the flash deals and potential vote deals, Typing of the Dead was the only thing that intrigued me. Guess I just did a good job cleaning house during the summer sale (Fall PC releases were pretty slow I guess)

Miker

Let me know what you think of RE6.

Been pondering it and the 3DS port for awhile now. The biggest off-put to 6 for me is i don't know anyone who owns it or wants to coop.

Dude, same for me. I want to play it, I just don't want to play through it alone. I love horror games, but from what I've heard it's just not a great game. Bad games are pretty fun to playthrough if you are playing CoOp. Add me on Steam and we can play it. I have a mumble too.

Steam: Krappadizzle

RE6 PC talk? I'M HERE. It's actually pretty great /if you like the core RE4/5 style combat./

First of all, it's a really solid port like all Capcom in-house ports - great performance, no locked res/framerate, and even solid kb/m controls if you change the default bindings.

Now, RE6's campaign gets a lot of flak, and here's the thing: it mostly deserves it. It just kinda blows all around, is filled with obnoxious QTEs at every corner (be sure to turn on auto-complete QTEs in options), and takes out RE4/5's godlike upgrade system. And worst of all, it just doesn't give you enough scenarios to really take advantage of the game's combat system. On the plus side, it's long, varied, and, uh, cinematic.

The combat is the best part of the game - it's very melee-focused, and there are a TON of unique animations for each character, each weapon, and even different context-sensitive locations. There's a lot of mobility involved, and if you play it "right," it can feel like a slightly more awkward cousin of Vanquish (in that it's stylish and Japanese, at least). When you're in the groove, you're countering zombies, sliding around while shooting, and just generally being a badass action hero.

The thing is, the best place to enjoy the combat is Mercenaries (the score attack mode), so if you don't enjoy score attacks or don't fall in love with the combat, you'll probably write off RE6 as "trash" as a lot of gaffers have. If things do click, though, you'll find that RE6 Mercs has loads of content and is just a fun, polished mode with a lot of nuances if you want to get higher scores.

So, yeah, that's RE6. I can offer a review of RE: Revelations is anybody is interested in buying that on sale.

KarmaCow

I put 24 hours into RE6 and I don't even know why or how. The story mode filled with awful QTE or QTE equivalent sequences and Mercenaries pales in comparison to RE4.

This is my first attempt at a give away. Hope I don't screw up anything :D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-3395DA0B350212C1 - Taken by Krappadizzle. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-F01D59D65BCDCADA - Taken by eyeless. 7 entrants total.
StarBound -- MB-191CA67A3CDEB719 - Taken by Atraveller. 100 entrants total.

t1387694038z1.png

Snaku

Banned
Spent more on this sale than I've ever had, up to around $80 now. It helps that I can get $50 Steam gift cards from Target for $40 with my discount though.

Jintor

Picked up Dragon Commander on the flash sale, and have to say, it exceeded even my highest expectations. It's a four layer strategy game - a total war style tactical map, a "resource capture" style RTS, a flying action game, and Mass Effect style conversation engine. None of these components live up to their inspirations, but the game is so much more than the sum of it's parts. The different pieces meld so much better than you'd expected.

People should pick up this game when it hits $20 again. PLEASE. It's so good.

I wish I could pay an AI to play the RTS bits for me while I fly around being a dragon and gay marry elves.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Best Game Ever -- MB-84FD9D473186C27C - Taken by intheinbetween. 33 entrants total.

t1387685128z1.png
good luck

Not buying anything from this sale unfortunately, but I'm voting like a mad man and taking into consideration what people seem to want the most during each vote.

legacyzero

Banned
Some asshole in NETHER just LITERALLY waited for me to leave a safe zone, before he tried to gun me down.

I just took all your shit.

THAT'LL LEARN YA.

Cheddahz

Banned
If I win Starbound, I'll use the money I was originally going to buy the game with to give away some of my personal favorite games on Steam

I would just give away games, but money has been tight for my family and I lately, so yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom