• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

yatesl

ME6M6Jp.png

It begins...

chris121580

Bought Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I know it's a little cheaper on Amazon but I wanted to play it through Steam. Looking forward to working my way through it. I've heard nothing but great things

Hanzou

Damn it. The Pinball Arcade table packs aren't even on sale. I was hoping one and two would be 10-15 bucks off since they only came out a month ago, but nope. They could be a daily but it's not looking good.
Yeah I'm not happy. I knew this was going to happen as they do kind of coming across as a company who nickle and dime their customers. Oh well. I will buy one season pack and wait for the other to go on sale eventually. I really don't need 40 tales right off the bat.

derExperte

Based on how demand did nothing but fall post-Summer Sale, my hypothesis is that the people buying up cards and driving up the price at the end were largely speculators. Since we know the Winter Sale cards will disappear into thin air, the end of the sale means the end of the speculators' chance to make any money whatsoever. I admit I could be wrong! Especially since there's the new wrinkle of unlimited badge levels and being able to craft DOTA and other such items when forging. But I honestly don't think the whales will be willing to absorb the 60,000+ cards that will be dumped on the market when the sale ends.

I'm selling some duplicates now but will keep enough so in the end I either make enough dosh and won't be sad or just craft some badges. It's really hard to predict.

Bought Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I know it's a little cheaper on Amazon but I wanted to play it through Steam. Looking forward to working my way through it. I've heard nothing but great things

Doesn't the amazon key redeem on Steam?

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons [Online Game Code]
by 505 Games
Rated: Teen | DRM: Steam

Yup.

Next time, buy it on Amazon if it says DRM: Steam and then activate the key on Steam if you want to save some cash.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just sent Enhanced Steam 5.3.2 to Google and everyone should be getting it within the hour.

This just fixes a bug that caused the lists at the bottom of the homepage to not highlight games when they were scrolled.

Meier

My computer set up is some years old at this point. I think I meet the minimum requirements of Dishonored, but I'm not entirely certain. Anyone able to weigh in on whether it's particularly taxing? One of the few console games I'm interested in that I haven't played yet.

chris121580

Doesn't the amazon key redeem on Steam?

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons [Online Game Code]
by 505 Games
Rated: Teen | DRM: Steam

Yup.

Next time, buy it on Amazon if it says DRM: Steam and then activate the key on Steam if you want to save some cash.

Man, I completely overlooked that. Will do next time. It's only a dollar difference so no big deal

How long is the Stanley Parable, on average? I recognize there's a lot of starting over but for 9 bucks am I getting roughly $1/hour of game out of it, at least?

How long is the Stanley Parable, on average? I recognize there's a lot of starting over but for 9 bucks am I getting roughly $1/hour of game out of it, at least?

No. Each "story" is like 10 minutes and there are about 32 endings. I would say, depending what you do, you can get all the endings in like 3-5 hours.

Grief.exe

I've disconnected myself from that view of gaming. I would prefer to spend $20 on a game that has a perfectly crafted and paced experience that only lasts 4-5 hours.

Game is making it into a significant amount of GOTY lists.

Wow Blag Flag isn't on sale at all, still $59.99. I guess i should've bought it on Amazon for $35 a couple weeks back.

That and Enemy Within is really all i want. Hopefully Enemy Within drops a little lower for a daily deal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bit.Trip games 90% off. Might have to stock up.

Damn it. The Pinball Arcade table packs aren't even on sale. I was hoping one and two would be 10-15 bucks off since they only came out a month ago, but nope. They could be a daily but it's not looking good.
Yeah I'm not happy. I knew this was going to happen as they do kind of coming across as a company who nickle and dime their customers. Oh well. I will buy one season pack and wait for the other to go on sale eventually. I really don't need 40 tales right off the bat.
You guys might be able to grab some tables at a discount in a roundabout way. During major sales the price of TF2 keys on the community market usually dips to around $2 and they're already down to $2.11 as of this post. Using rash you can, for example, pick up the season one pro pack for 10 keys 4 ref, which should end up netting you nearly half off in discount when all is said and done.

I haven't used that myself as of yet, but regulars in the Steam thread have had success with it in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom