• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys might be able to grab some tables at a discount in a roundabout way. During major sales the price of TF2 keys on the community market usually dips to around $2 and they're already down to $2.11 as of this post. Using rash you can, for example, pick up the season one pro pack for 10 keys 4 ref, which should end up netting you nearly half off in discount when all is said and done.

I haven't used that myself as of yet, but regulars in the Steam thread have had success with it in the past.

Edit: nvm :D

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The only reason to buy in Steam is if the game isn't in sale in Amazon or if you want those card thingies.

My first Steam sales (had a long break from PC gaming and before that I played WoW for a long time).

Bought a lot of games from the GoG sale so my wallet certainly isn't looking forward to this one.

From this sale I already bought:
Monaco
Dishonored
Metal Gear Rising (13,39 euros, geez)
The Stanley Parable

Was about to buy Dark Souls too but I'll be patient and wait for the dailies.

Grief.exe

My first Steam sales (had a long break from PC gaming and before that I played WoW for a long time).

Bought a lot of games from the GoG sale so my wallet certainly isn't looking forward to this one.

From this sale I already bought:
Monaco
Dishonored
Metal Gear Rising (13,19 euros, geez)
The Stanley Parable

Was about to buy Dark Souls too but I'll be patient and wait for the dailies.

Good man for the impeccable taste, purchasing some classics over on GOG, and for waiting on the dailies.

Keirnoth

Banned
Missed out on the 75% Bioshock Infinite Season Pass price glitch. If anyone managed to snag a few extra copies, could you contact me on Steam for it?

Guy.brush

How is MGR gameplay? What game can you compare it to?
The art direction certainly looks all over the place and not my taste.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if Modbot will work in this thread yet or not but... here we go:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Revenge of the Titans -- MB-98F6C9D9FDB24330
Droid Assault -- MB-BE070B2992497979
both taken

pahamrick

I think if Arkham City and Arkham Asylum GOTY hit sub $5 each, this sale would be perfect for me. I missed the WB humble bundle because, no joke, my comp got fried by a freak power surge like the day before it happened and my phone at the time would not work with humble bundle checkout.

Grief.exe

I think if Arkham City and Arkham Asylum GOTY hit sub $5 each, this sale would be perfect for me. I missed the WB humble bundle because, no joke, my comp got fried by a freak power surge like the day before it happened and my phone at the time would not work with humble bundle checkout.

I just got done with Arkham City

So Good.gif

Good man for the impeccable taste, purchasing some classics over on GOG, and for waiting on the dailies.
Yeah I've missed tons of great games from the last few years especially. Will be heavy for wallet. And if I miss something I guess I'm not in that hurry anyway to play everything right away because of limited time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aw, poor dude! What were you trying to buy, CS:GO?
My man! You gifted me CS: GO just now? THANK YOU!

I should still fix my credit card issues but man, you are awesome! Thanks again ♥!!!

-Deimos

Dailys always last 48 hours now. Its new deals in 24 hours, not these deals expire in 24 hours.

Dailies are larger on the front page for 24 hours, then you get another 24 hours in a smaller "yesterday's deal"

New deals every 24 hours, deals last 48 hours

The next daily will come in 24hrs, but each daily lasts 48 hrs.

Derp. Got it. I'll pick it up if it goes on a flash sale, still don't feel like it's worth $20.

Arkham Asylum is 4.99, Arkham City is 7.49. Both well worth the price.

Snatched up Metal Gear Rising, so that was good. Missed out on an apparent sale on the Bioshock Season Pass that was a mistake, now that's gone, so that's bad.

The only time which I will ever buy this DLC is when it's on sale. And Take 2 doesn't want to put it on sale.

Kak.efes

New to steam. Trine Complete is $4.99 at 80% off. It says the offer ends Jan. 2nd. Do I wait to see if it gets cheaper? Like, it's already 80% off.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What are the chances of FFVIII getting a discount

Somewhat high since it's been on sale on GMG several times for 25%-30% off. Don't expect anything crazy like more than 33% off.

Nzyme32

HEEEEEEEEELP T_T

This happens if there is a communication error or you leave mid-transaction or change details/conflicting details.

This has happened twice to me and both times I had to wait for 2 or 3 hours for a some sort of safety time to elapse, then everything worked fine again

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This happens if there is a communication error or you leave mid-transaction or change details/conflicting details.

This has happened twice to me and both times I had to wait for 2 or 3 hours for a some sort of safety time to elapse, then everything worked fine again

Thanks man! I'll just wait it out then~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom