• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

Note this is actually a twin pack containing Wargame: European Escalation and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes.

This is my first giveaway so hope it isn't screwed up. I keep thinking I've done something wrong :) Wanted to join in the giveaways but felt appropriate to give something first!

I refreshed at the right time, thanks.

Starting to feel guilty. Maybe I should rummage through my unused codes now.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, Civ fans.

Are any of the civilization DLCs worth buying? They're on sale for the next five hours. The ones I don't have are Korea, the Vikings, and Polynesia.

....is this considered to be the current steam thread or this goes to the "don't ask when the sales start" one ?

this is the current one, then we go back to the other one when the sale is over

Miker

I was thinking about all these ModBot giveaways, and while a lot of them are just leftover indie keys (not a bad thing, mind you), some giveaways are from members who really, really love a game and want to share the game with other people who will actually play the game. Now, I know I'm guilty of sometimes just taking some game I don't have and adding it to the backlog, but if I were giving away a game that I felt strongly about, I'd sure as hell want the winner to play it.

So, Stump, if you're listening, would it be possible to enable a flag for ModBot similar to PMTHANKS that tells the winner to play the game and report back with impressions? I know I've won a game via ModBot where the giveaway host wanted the winners to post impressions, and I think having a flag within ModBot itself would be a good idea.

Of course, it would still be bound by the honor system, but I think that a line in the winner PM like "The giveaway host asks that you play the game you just won and post your impressions in the current Steam thread. We obviously cannot force you, but please be respectful of the giveaway host's wishes." And maybe make the flag extra-visible in the actual giveaway post, so people don't miss it?

Thoughts?

I woke up late today and missed a vote :( I should be able to craft the badge once though if I don't miss the vote.

I voted for Legend of Dungeon; I think the other two were available in bundles before.

TheQuaker

Banned
Man these Steam giveaways...1000x better than these past couple of days of the Holiday sale. GAFfers putting Gaben to shame.

Humble Store and a few others have been offering better sales than Steam has. I know we have many days left of the the Steam sale but nothing looks that great to me right now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have RE5 on 360, but I wanted to replay it on my laptop at 60fps on the highest settings :(

You don't get the DLC/Lost in Nightmares and Barry Sandwhiches (despite Barry/et. al and Versus being there in the data files!) so not the definitive version. :(

I just finished Influx (Currently 4.99). As a fan of marble games like Marble Blast Ultra, and Switchball, it's an interesting blend of the two. It's broken apart into six different hub worlds, each containing 3 puzzle areas. These hub worlds are wide open natural vistas, whereas the puzzle rooms look a lot like those Marble Blast Ultra. Most of the puzzles deal with world rotation, and getting other marbles to designated areas.

The movement feels pretty different than Marble Blast Ultra, mostly in that you carry much more momentum, and you don't have a button to jump. They introduce a charge boost though, that accomplishes similar goals. It has a small story being told through the world, and it's just a really satisfying time. It took me around 4 hours to complete, and I'd highly recommend it to dudes that dug Marble Blast Ultra/Switchball. I like it a lot more than Spectraball.

Here's some screenshots:

That looks surprisingly interesting to me. I haven't played a good roley game in a while.

You don't get the DLC/Lost in Nightmares and Barry Sandwhiches (despite Barry/et. al and Versus being there in the data files!) so not the definitive version. :(

but man does it run great on PC - and the PS3 version is kind of bad

so I guess go with PC for main campaign and if you liked it A LOT go grab the 360 gold version I guess

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Thoughts?

As it was stated before by other users and some personal thoughts:
Almost nobody reads.
Some users thank, some don't.
Some play games, some don't.
Some enter the giveaways for games they already own.
Some sell the keys they won.
Some abuse the system taking every game they can.
Some do post impressions, most don't.
Of those who play games, some may take more time than others to finish them and therefore post impressions way way late.
Modbot is a giveaway system, not your dad.

I get what you want, I want that too but it's not happening.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hey, Civ fans.

Are any of the civilization DLCs worth buying? They're on sale for the next five hours. The ones I don't have are Korea, the Vikings, and Polynesia.

Get them because they offer interesting playstyle, especially Korea and Polynesia.

Lexxon

I've been meaning to give away some extra humble bundle stuff--couple good ones in there. Not totally related to this steam sale, but...eh, what are you going to do!

Totally being hypocritical by putting in the no lurker clause, since I haven't even posted in this thread yet!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-AACF543356238D93 - Taken by Milamber
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-40BB3CABC8E0A1F3 - Taken by Evo X
Batman Arkham City: GOTY -- MB-29C92CB734107E5B - Taken by pahamrick
Gemini Rue -- MB-C6615A325D1E19A7 - Taken by Tesseract

Miker

As it was stated before by other users and some personal thoughts:
Almost nobody reads.
Some users thank, some don't.
Some play games, some don't.
Some enter the giveaways for games they already own.
Some sell the keys they won.
Some abuse the system taking every game they can.
Some do post impressions, most don't.
Of those who play games, some may take more time than others to finish them and therefore post impressions way way late.
Modbot is a giveaway system, not your dad.

I get what you want, I want that too but it's not happening.

Yeah, but I think a flag wouldn't hurt things. I know you're probably right though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Back from work.
ihCvgB5zUuXh2.gif

What should I vote for?

Milamber

I've been meaning to give away some extra humble bundle stuff--couple good ones in there. Not totally related to this steam sale, but...eh, what are you going to do!

Totally being hypocritical by putting in the no lurker clause, since I haven't even posted in this thread yet!

Thanks!

Tesseract

Banned

thanks for rue, looks rad!

FloatOn

just got back from anchorman 2 with the missus. what a boring flash sale. it does remind me that I need to give civ 5 more of a chance one day though.

Evo X

I won the Arkham Origins DLC, but it says the key has already been redeemed...

Oh well, thanks anyway!

pahamrick

Thank you, thank you!, thank you! I can stop hitting myself over having missed the WB humble bundle now..

-Edit-

Bummer, giving me the already redeemed message too. Still, thanks anyway

Humble Store and a few others have been offering better sales than Steam has. I know we have many days left of the the Steam sale but nothing looks that great to me right now.

I'm in the same boat. It's early days yet, but I'm finding that most of the deals I really want are on Amazon/GMG. Even the Ubisoft store has a couple items I'm mulling over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom