• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think any of these will go Daily?

X918woQ.png

Guacamelee is $3.75 on Humble store that redeems on Steam. Papers, Please is $5.00 there as well that also redeems on Steam.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

edit:

Prices have changed since yesterday. Sorry.

The GFWL overreaction has got to stop.

THE GAMES WILL STILL WORK. NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. THE STATISTIC THAT 80% OF THE TIME GFWL GAMES DONT EVEN LANUCH IS MADE UP

Buy the game and play it if you're that paranoid.

finally i can play the uncensored version of Sleeping Dogs. Never played it before but after a few hours in i like it very much. Thanks I H8 Memes for the help

Miguel81

The GFWL overreaction has got to stop.

THE GAMES WILL STILL WORK. NOTHING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. THE STATISTIC THAT 80% OF THE TIME GFWL GAMES DONT EVEN LANUCH IS MADE UP

Buy the game and play it if you're that paranoid.

It's nothing but a hindrance being kicked out and having to re-install it on a regular basis. Steam works smoothly 99% of the time.

Isn't that a contradiction?

Kind of. GFWL games install regardless of your internet connection (I can't really make this blanket statement but It's been true for the 6 that I own on DVD). The whole GFWL shutdown things spawns from THIS page that went up. It was quickly taken down and replaced with THIS.

There has never been an announcement saying "GFWL is closing on this day." It would be a pretty microsoft move to just pull the plug on some day, but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Jawmuncher

So how playable is Monaco in SP?
No way in hell I can play MP but I want to know if its worth trying out solo.
I can wait id the experience is less than stellar. I ask because its going to take forever to download out here.

Cynar

it hasn't been confirmed one way or another the final fate of the GFWL games

the announcement of GFWL service termination was a mistake and Microsoft hasn't made a formal statement yet

(i would still air on the side of caution)

Kind of. GFWL games install regardless of your internet connection (I can't really make this blanket statement but It's been true for the 6 that I own on DVD). The whole GFWL shutdown things spawns from THIS page that went up. It was quickly taken down and replaced with THIS.

There has never been an announcement saying "GFWL is closing on this day." It would be a pretty microsoft move to just pull the plug on some day, but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Iraqi%252520Information%252520Minister.jpg

So Dark Souls will definitely be a Daily, right? Would be cool if it went lower than $5.99, but either way, I don't care if I might not even be able to run it smoothly. I need that game in my PC library.

Risk of Rain is my favorite pickup of the sale so far. Was on the fence while it was the community choice, but I decided to go for it at the last minute and I'm glad I did. Scratches the rogue-like itch for me very well. Only thing is I wish the gamepad controls were a bit tighter. Maneuvering at times feels more difficult than it should be, particularly jumping between those vines. Still having a lot of fun with it though despite dying a ton. The soundtrack is also fantastic. If you like Spelunky or House of Dead Ninjas, then I highly recommend it if it comes back around as a daily or flash.

Anteater

QwnZCif.jpg

crying-cat1spj6g.gif

This is what I wake up to.

Thanks jshackles! I'll finally get to see what the game is about!

but shit I can go brag to my friends I got a gift from THE maker of enhanced steam :lol

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So Dark Souls will definitely be a Daily, right? Would be cool if it went lower than $5.99, but either way, I don't care if I might not even be able to run it smoothly. I need that game in my PC library.

Why not pick it up for PS3 or 360? They're about the same price and the communities are larger for online co-op and it'll help transition into the sequels coming out in two months.

jwtsonga

This is what I read:

This is what I thought:
cap.jpg

I would totally day one a game combining Lego, Marvel, and sugary marshmallow sweets.

LOL good one! That game would be mind blowing, especially if the puffy marshmallow boss from ghostbusters also showed up!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So how playable is Monaco in SP?
No way in hell I can play MP but I want to know if its worth trying out solo.
I can wait id the experience is less than stellar. I ask because its going to take forever to download out here.
Wait. It's not like the game is terrible in SP, but in your case it's not worth it.

Smash88

Banned
Bought Nether from Dunder. Love buying games that I can't play, nor access.

These devs are already in my shit book and their are digging deeper.

Why put a game on Steam that requires some arbitrary login, when you can do all that through Steam itself.

Jawmuncher

Wait. It's not like the game is terrible in SP, but in your case it's not worth it.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I'll wait it out then.
Thankfully Papers Please and Isaac are small downloads so i'll do those.
(Also if anyone sees me playing huge GB games i'm only idling for cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom