• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo X

You guys realize that the guy who developed Bad Rats is probably ordering his third Lamborghini from all of these joke gifts, right?

Really digging the Secret World. Played 5 hours says Steam.. Last couple I've been getting into it pretty well. Sleep.. what's that? Still not far enough to give thorough impressions.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys realize that the guy who developed Bad Rats is probably ordering his third Lamborghini from all of these joke gifts, right?

Remember, Valve is taking a 30% cut of their sales. So you buy the game for $0.49 and the developers get approximately $0.34. You would need to sell over 1,000,000 copies of Bad Rats to make enough money to buy a Lamborghini.

Untitled.png

Seriously Disney, this is getting absurd. I've been waiting years to replay this on PC and it's literally the only game I've yet to see go on sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You should just buy it. Even if it's 2014's first regular Daily at 75% off, you only wasted $7.50.

zkylon

zkylewd
Remember, Valve is taking a 30% cut of their sales. So you buy the game for $0.49 and the developers get approximately $0.34. You would need to sell over 1,000,000 copies of Bad Rats to make enough money to buy a Lamborghini.
1m copies of bad rats

you heard it people

let's make this happen

Card Boy

Banned
Seriously Disney, this is getting absurd. I've been waiting years to replay this on PC and it's literally the only game I've yet to see go on sale.

It's funny their Capcom based Disney games will be getting massive sales. It's gonna be $3.75 each for both Castle of Illusion and Ducktales on Amazon and i suspect it will be a daily or flash sale on steam.

belushy

Banned
First sale I've been able to take part in, because I had a little extra cash. So far bought Civ 5 Gold upgrade ($5), Civ 5 BNW ($10), and the Counter Strike collection for $7. Finally going to play a CS game for the first time in my life lol

edit: Oh and thanks to yukonrye I also have Garry's Mod. Got around $5 left for the rest of the sale. Still not sure what I want to pick up now. Maybe a few cheap $1 games if they are interesting enough.

Evo X

Have they ever announced the sales figures for Bad Rats?

For all we know, it surpassed 1 million sales long ago and is actually the best selling game in Steam history.

lol.

kurahador

Later the company announce the game sold 2m, and Bad Rats 2 is coming.

Martian

Bethesda: better put Oblivion on a real sale this time.
I havent forgiven you for making Skyrim cheaper than its predecessor, last sales yet

Say I have 4 euros to spend (either on a gift or for myself) what would a nice choice be?

Edit: I am kind of tempted by MYST. I have fond memories, but I dont think I know this version. Is it any good?

Miguel81

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Such a lovely place.

Craft the sales badge, get an item for a completely random free-to-play game, Stonghold, I will never play. Sweet. Also had an emoticon :rcry:, which was pretty apt.

Santini

Anyone that can share an opinion on Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor?

Do you like arcade style, top down sci-fi shooters like Alien Syndrome, Alien Breed, or Alien Swarm? Then you might like Shadowgrounds. It also helps if you like the movie Aliens. =)

I got the games a few years back when they were a little more expensive, and $1.29 is worth the asking price for the two.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting really fucking annoyed with NIS America. I really want to get Clan Of Champions as it's essentially another Gladiator Begins style game (same developer) but it's never been on sale, ever, since release. £29.99 is not a price I fancy paying for it. They don't even have Cladun X2 on sale either.

Bleh all the games I need cards for now I need 5 or more. Want to try to make about 2 more snow globe decks.

What's some really cheap games with cards? >_>

Jørdan

Anyone that can share an opinion on Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds Survivor?

If every cent counts I'd say pass and try one of the other games around that price instead. I received Survivor as a gift after I had an itch for the genre and it scratched it for a short time but was ultimately unmemorable. Played through the first time in 5hrs and despite the 'incentives' to replay such as B&W mode, I didn't feel the need or desire.

kurahador

Bleh all the games I need cards for now I need 5 or more. Want to try to make about 2 more snow globe decks.

What's some really cheap games with cards? >_>

Cheapest card is summer sale. Arkham Asylum was in humble bundle and only have 5 cards, and I'm sure you can find someone who wants to sell it for cheap.

I know it's kind of stupid to complain about a free thing but I wish I could've at least chosen the game I got the item for when I crafted the sales badge. I guess they're trying to motivate people to play f2p games but I have no interest in War Thunder, Spiral Knights, Stronghold: Kingdoms et all.

What I'm trying to say is: wah, wah, I wanted a Dota 2 item.

I'll take any of these items if you don't want them. ;)

Sorry Jase, but my Stronghold coat-of-arms is not on your list. It's an armed-peasant.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry Jase, but my Stronghold coat-of-arms is not on your list. It's an armed-peasant.

That's on there:

Stronghold Kingdoms:
Coat of Arms - Yellow Farmer (Common)
Coat of Arms - Green Farmer (Uncommon)
Coat of Arms - Armed Peasant (Rare)
Coat of Arms - Stag (Extraordinary)
Coat of Arms - Knight (Precious)
???? (Unparalleled)

Jørdan

The Spiral Knights items are one of the several that add to your DLC count.

Something Valve needs to fix is game tabs showing up in your inventory when you no longer have any such items.!

I'd give you all the items and the tab itself if I could, damn thing has been there since the coal event. Have a DOTA tab with 2 items just to add salt. My Christmas wish this year is a delete button for inventory items and once all removed so is the games tab.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Hope I did this right. Merry Xmas!

Tried to get Fez, but it didn't work, I managed to snag Magicka tho. Some keys still left.

FEZ -- MB-B309174B674A0423
Nightsky -- MB-90BC30DB64935038 - Taken by Mikurden
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-61700428F0E870DD - Taken by Eila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom