• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreoleo

How the hell did Proteus not win. Damn it steam community.

By the way. If I were to purchase a game for € 5 now and € 5 later in the week. Would it count for a snow globe card or do you need to make a single purchase of more than € 10?

The $10 is cumulative, not in a single purchase. You would get the snow globe card in that case.

Caerith

Cool game, wish it had an option to randomised the events as opposed to going through the one (branching) storyline every time. Would love to see the gameplay mechanic with a different theme too, worth checking out, there's a demo on the dev's site.
Yeah, but there are a ton of branches so the lack of randomization isn't too bad.

Dr Dogg

Just iced another dude on NETHER. Man, this game is something else...

I only killed him because I watched him murder another man who was looking right at me. I thought it was just me and him. I had my gun on him, and he stepped back a few steps. Maybe he was afraid, or trying to show he was friendly. I can't for the life of me figure out how to type in the chat LOL.

Suddenly BOOOM! Shotgun blast rings out, and I watch items go flying, and the killer comes around the corner. I let him have it.

Hahaha you make it sound like an anti-social simulator. Or a regular night out in Glasgow.

JonCha

Bought Hit Pursuit, seems like a blast.

Was tempted to get FFVII but not sure if I can be bothered to invest such a large amount of time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay the right game won for a change

Dawn is trash (and old as shit) and Proteus has been in bundles and is older than Legend.

Also Legend looks pretty :)

Card Boy

Banned
Will take a look at these. Hero Academy looks...different.

I love Hero Academy it has alot of strategy and its main draw is it has asynchronous multiplayer. You submit your turns and you can keep undoing your moves until your happy with a submission. You can have up to 40 games going at the same time so you won't be bored while you wait for your opponent. Hero Academy is easy to play while having a high skill ceiling. It has challenges to do which is sort of like Magic the Gatherings puzzle mode.

Hero Academy is free 2 play on iOS/Andoid but you only get the Council Faction. The Steam version gets the TF2 Faction. The Humble Bundle pay what you want includes everything including colour customizations, all factions and avatars. The game is cross platform between PC, iOS and Android. The account you make for the game can be played on any device and if your playing a game on PC you can take the game with you on the go.

Darkroronoa

I have saved 40 eurobucks to buy a new 4gb stick but i am so close to throw some of them on steam.

Gaben why?I want to play the games not only buy them!

How many times can you level with the Snow Globe Foil badge? I just saw Palm Desert and his was at level 15. There's no cap on the foil or regular badge?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Amazon needs to hurry up with their "good" sales. My body is ready

GNNUzDC.png

Gintoki

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-836FD1FE6111662C - Taken by unknownstranger. 1 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000 -- MB-8FD77BD7D9A2BA8C - Taken by jhawk6. 2 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-6B691841AD1C6731 - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-F2C8EF389A75BCB9 - Taken by slayzz. 1 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-F0E3A7BAC03CE4E6 - Taken by Zeitgeister. 3 entrants total.
Superbrothers -- MB-54E023DED59EDD38 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-9BCEB075B7B95A0D - Taken by Faabulous. 2 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-1A822BA63547D4E2 - Taken by 2n2. 3 entrants total.

t1387706998z1.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I love Hero Academy it has alot of strategy and its main draw is it has asynchronous multiplayer. You submit your turns and you can keep undoing your moves until your happy with a submission. You can have up to 40 games going at the same time so you won't be bored while you wait for your opponent. Hero Academy is easy to play while having a high skill ceiling. It has challenges to do which is sort of like Magic the Gatherings puzzle mode.

Hero Academy is free 2 play on iOS/Andoid but you only get the Council Faction. The Steam version gets the TF2 Faction. The Humble Bundle pay what you want includes everything including colour customizations, all factions and avatars. The game is cross platform between PC, iOS and Android. The account you make for the game can be played on any device and if your playing a game on PC you can take the game with you on the go.

It's on my wishlist, thanks for the mini-review!

Amazon needs to hurry up with their "good" sales. My body is ready

GNNUzDC.png

Speaking of which, enhanced amazon would be nice.

You have $345 of video game credit!
Awesome, what can I use it on?
A secret!
No seriously, how did I earn it and how can I use it?
Contact support and they might be able to help you maybe, sometimes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
probably super late with this but theres a new flying bundle

Agricultural Simulator 2011 Extended Edition Steam-icon Windows-icon
An Alien with a Magnet HD Desura-icon Windows-icon Mac-icon
Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon Steam-icon Windows-icon
Uprising 44: The Silent Shadows Desura-icon Windows-icon
--- --- --- BTA --- --- ---
Block Story Desura-icon Windows-icon Mac-icon
inMomentum Steam-icon Windows-icon
RoboBlitz Steam-icon Windows-icon
Rune Classic Steam-icon Windows-icon
Sacraboar Steam-icon Windows-icon

Will do. If I get it working I'll be sure to give my impressions (and perhaps some screenshots) here as well.

Since I'm more or less "done" with Skyrim I think I'll just uninstall all of my 30 or so mods and give this one a shot with a clean slate. Cheers!

I'm keeping my mods installed, since I'll be going back to Skyrim for another go-round any day now, fuck the sales. :lol

I voted for QUBE, because it looks cool.

That Sir, You Are Being Hunted discount isn't good enough for me. :(

Is there a way to get an email alert when a game gets a sale?

I only wish for Papers, Please. And I don't wanna miss it as I did a few weeks ago.

games on wishlists usually will email you when they are on sale.

In theory yes, in practice I find it hardly ever works. I haven't got any steam emails this sale for example!

I only wish for Papers, Please. And I don't wanna miss it as I did a few weeks ago.

Use

http://isthereanydeal.com/

Import your steam wishlist and away you go. Works amazingly well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh god, Mighty Quest for Epic Loot is half off. This is exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen.

feel

Go set up a waitlist on isthereanydeal.com. Tell it to let you know when that game goes below the price you want (you can specify the stores too).

edit-

BEATEN

Ahhhh, very tempted to get Kerbal Space Program right now. I remember playing the free version a couple years back and having a blast. How much better is the premium version of the game?

Speaking of which, enhanced amazon would be nice.

You have $345 of video game credit!
Awesome, what can I use it on?
A secret!
No seriously, how did I earn it and how can I use it?
Contact support and they might be able to help you maybe, sometimes.

I accumulated about $90 worth of Amazon video game credit through all these promotions where they give you a discount on 2k games or a discount on pre-orders for buying the prequel (Dark Souls) etc. Of course, the site doesn't actually give you a break up of what kind of credit can be used on which types of games, so I contacted Amazon support to ask them about it. They thought I was complaining about not being able to use the credits on normal digital video game purchases and gave me free $15 store credit that could be used site wide :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom