• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Not afraid they don't deliver, just that it's a broken pos on release. I've been burned one too many times.

If the game was out right now with no impressions, you would buy it.

Since it's a pre-order and it might come out buggy, you won't buy it, even though it's discounted at 33% for today only, and It'll be 20% after for pre-orders and full price once it's released?

Your logic is weird.

93.5 out of the total of 99 store pages are games for under 20 dollars. There's only four and a half pages of games over 20 dollars.

PC gaming during a Steam sale is wonderful.

fallout

That isn't the whole story. Looking at this Kerbal card, for ex., the average selling price went up by a mere ten cents between July 20th and July 22nd. The final average ended up being less than you could have gotten on day one or two. I think Skyrim is the only card out of the bunch where the ending spike beat the card's average price on day three. (So I guess, having actually looked at the graphs, I'll move to a definite "sell now".)
Having looked at the graphs again as well, I'm really inclined to agree with you. As supply increases over the sale, there just doesn't seem to be enough of a demand increase to keep the price up (even with the bump at the end).

Based on how demand did nothing but fall post-Summer Sale, my hypothesis is that the people buying up cards and driving up the price at the end were largely speculators.
Yeah, I was kind of getting at that with my original post, but wasn't really as sure about it. I still think that people were holding out a bit at the end to make their badges, but it was likely largely made up of speculators.

Grief.exe

Since it's a pre-order and it might come out buggy, you won't buy it, even though it's discounted at 33% for today only, and It'll be 20% after for pre-orders and full price once it's released?

Your logic is weird.

33% off is for 48 hours on both Steam and Amazon.

Wait what?

I thought the PC release is a "complete" edition with all DLC and updated.

He is worried there will be resolution issues or framerate locks.

r3n4ud

Man, I feel bad for the folks that picked up Tiny Thief a few days ago for $14.99. It's now 75% off, knocking it down to $4.50. Such a shitty move to 'trick' people buying it day one, not thinking it'll go on sale three days later.

For a mobile game, should have been released at the sale price anyways...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did you misread FF8 as FF7? Didn't FF8 just come out?

Yes 8 just came out but like I said there have been coupons on GMG that have brought the price down 25% and even recently 30%.

Arthea

lol
I think I bought Pinball Starwars dlc second time. Does steam let you do this? I'm not 100% sure I had it, but it kinda feels so.

derExperte

Man, I feel bad for the folks that picked up Tiny Thief a few days ago for $14.99. It's now 75% off, knocking it down to $4.50. Such a shitty move to 'trick' people buying it day one, not thinking it'll go on sale three days later.

For a mobile game, should have been released at the sale price anyways...

I don't think there are many that bought it at that price and I applaud them for reacting to the complaints.

Faabulous

Your logic is weird.

I came to GAF for impressions, only them I realised its a pre-order because I found none. I didn't go to the game page. I know, I'm stupid like that.

It's just that they said "any day now" and I thought today might be that day lol

BIT.TRIP Collection 2013 is pretty nice for 9,27€. Six great games and soundtracks included.

Also you can gift the games if you already have some of those.

I've never seen trading cards sell this fast. Literally within 1 minute of putting up a snow globe card it sells.

You can craft the holiday badge an unlimited amount of times, so they're probably being hoovered up by those crazy triple-figure Steam level people.

The_Monk

So what's the best thing to do? Idle those f2p games to get the respective cards and sell them, or forge them and hope that the item sells for more?

I believe you need to purchase in-game-items in order for you to get Cards from F2P titles fellow GAFfer.

derExperte

So what's the best thing to do? Idle those f2p games to get the respective cards and sell them, or forge them and hope that the item sells for more?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you wrong or you got something wrong. You don't get the sale cards you need to craft to get items by idling.

PBalfredo

Damn, steam sale is starting off strong. Tempted by Arkham Origins, but that's a relatively large amount to drop right out of the game of what's going to be a lengthy steam sale.

New to steam. Trine Complete is $4.99 at 80% off. It says the offer ends Jan. 2nd. Do I wait to see if it gets cheaper? Like, it's already 80% off.

There aren't even that many words in the OP, most of it is .gifs.

To answer your question, wait for the dailies. If that doesn't go on sale, buy it on the last day.

thefil

Welp, spent $24 already on 7 games. Foolishly didn't check for bit trip pack before buying runner 2 standalone, spent another $3 to get the soundtrack and DLC. Spelunky guy!!!!!

Salsa

MsR8JEW.jpg

update:

now get off my back dust police

temps are the same btw. woo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom