• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frologic

Anyone have impressions on Legend of Dungeon? Didn't find much on a quick search.

I've got 15 hours logged. The combat is really simple (just on slash attack), the environment has few variations and there is no online co-op. These are the main complaints I can see people having. Other than that, there's a lot of addicting dungeon progression to be had here. You basically have to descent 26 floors and climb up them after getting the treasure, the game becomes hard around floor 15 and brutal the closer you get. Tons of silly weapons, items and hats to play around with and wear, some have some really helpful effects.

Hope the randomly generated dungeon spawns you some good loot and be prepared to see some terrifying mobs deep down. One of my favorite features is the randomly generated soundtrack. There are 200 sound samples that are randomly associated with every item and enemy in the game, so you get a unique soundtrack each play though and the music is great. I'd highly recommend it for this price. They recently added a fix for the bad inventory and added 3 new game modes, one of them being a daily dungeon so it's great to causally just play a dungeon each day.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does anyone know if the little green dot underneath the desura games in the flying bundle means Greenlight (as in, get a steam key when / if its greenlit)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, nice, I didn't realise the High Roller Pack came with three Founders Pack gifts. I should be able to make a pretty penny from these after the game goes F2P.

mqelw8knr.jpg

deroli

Deponia for 2€ is a steal, guys! Nice to see the latest title of the trilogy on sale, too, but it's still 10 bucks... what is this, a physical copy?? Will have to hold on a bit longer on Goodbye Deponia.

Just ran into my first "You already have this title on your library." moment.
I'm pretty excited to play Warhammer, a game I apparently bought a year ago. lol

Polk

Deponia for 2€ is a steal, guys! Nice to see the latest title of the trilogy on sale, too, but it's still 10 bucks... what is this, a physical copy?? Will have to hold on a bit longer on Goodbye Deponia.
I have it for 1 euro. Sometimes good to be in Tier 2 EU country.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
err guys, why do I have Legend of Dungeon in my inventory, I didnt buy it as a gift to save in the inventory... and in fact, I have it in my library, downloading now. bug?

I guess I'll give it away here then o_O

edit: nvm relogged and its gone :(

Shahadan

Goodbye Deponia is so good this post hurts ;(
Poor guys at Daedalic will never get money.

Card Boy

Banned
I never watch the show.

9-got-to-be-kidding.gif

Have you ever watched the show? Because the game is for the fans. It's abit rough around the edges but its good for a game sponsored by the UK government. Matt Smith and Karen Gillian voice The Doctor and Amy.

The few reviews available of the game are fairly favorable.

JaseC

JaseC, let me take care of those foil cards for ya. ;)

Sorry, but since some of the item rewards double as DLC I intend to level up my badge with the help of cards earned from purchases.

Edit: Oh, I misread "foil" as "globe", haha. Those foils are going to make me rich in, like, 3 years, when supply has dwindled. ;)

mrgone

It's also cheaper to buy the three titles individually ($16.97) vs the bundle ($23.99) if anyone's looking to go whole hog.

Rhaknar

JaseC is that Forced a leftover from a 4pack?

i won the whole trilogy in a contest so i didnt pay anything for it
that means i win =P

Anteater

I just noticed you could change the targeting to hold instead of toggle in alice madness returns, this changes everything. It was in the option I didn't know how to get to with only a controller :lol

Rhaknar

little morning giveaway guys, enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rune Classic -- MB-AD24FA0E01051D75 - Taken by Aphallatosis
inMomentum -- MB-F6FE43DDC2123AE7 - Taken by random
Roboblitz -- MB-303BE1BD89DAEC87 - Taken by fozzy
Sacraboar -- MB-19511ADEB695F9B8 - Taken by Tolerance

I tried The Knife of Dunwall yesterday, and I have to say, I'm not feeling it. I'm used to playing Dishonored with no kills, but playing as Daud, that just doesn't feel right. He's a merciless killer, after all.

Also the fact that his Blink power is so different from Corvo's. I'm having trouble getting around the first area just because its reach is so limited.

And what's up with Dark Vision not highlighting enemies anymore? I got a few nasty surprises waiting for me.

Haven't made it past the first area yet. :'(

Oreoleo

These flash sales are so confusing.

Sir and Kerbal have both been cheaper in previous sales this year, and I don't even know what that DLC being sold is. Clicked through and I just saw a bunch of "early access" and "closed beta" and my brain turned to soup.

JaseC

These flash sales are so confusing.

Sir and Kerbal have both been cheaper in previous sales this year, and I don't even know what that DLC being sold is. Clicked through and I just saw a bunch of "early access" and "closed beta" and my brain turned to soup.

1) Buy one of the cheaper packs for $10 and sell your spare gift for 15 keys after the game goes F2P
2) ?
3) Profit

ok GAF ive decided starting tommorrow to finally take the plunge on Doctor Who and see what the fuss is about
is starting with the 2005 series a good idea
dont wanna scour the internet for episodes if i dont have too

Dr Dogg

Oh, nice, I didn't realise the High Roller Pack came with three Founders Pack gifts. I should be able to make a pretty penny from these after the game goes F2P.

http://abload.de/img/mqelw8knr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hahaha it's like you're exposing your secrets.

Li Kao

ok GAF ive decided starting tommorrow to finally take the plunge on Doctor Who and see what the fuss is about
is starting with the 2005 series a good idea
dont wanna scour the internet for episodes if i dont have too

Totally. While the series is historically a lot more than that, a good chunk of its newfound popularity comes from the 2005 season and onward. Not saying that the rest is irrelevant, just that you won't be lost, as many begun at the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom