• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha it's like your exposing your secrets.

Haha, unfortunately I'm yet to sell a spare gift for profit. Even after MQFEL goes F2P there's likely to be a fair few spares floating around since every pack gives you at least one, so it may be a while before people are willing to cough up 15+ keys.

jsrv

what triggers that thing in steam that prevents you from purchasing anything for a week after adding money to your steam wallet?

Ensirius

Voted for Q.U.B.E

I hope I did the right thing

Also bought CS:GO yesterday

Edit: And I'm finally a member. What a nice early holiday gift.

C4rter

Original X-Com. Best X-Com. But I'm old and it's a childhood memory, so feel free to think my rose tinted glasses have gone to my head.

Ah lol, I thought you just removed the other parameters in my URL but you changed in completely :-D
Well, I really like the original X-Com, played it a shit load of hours in the 90s, back in the days where you only had one or two games a year. A 1:1 Remake with better graphics would have been my favorite as well but I think Firaxis did a very good job considering. They improved some things that weren't as good in the original, but they also made some thing too simple. But it's not one of those remakes where you have to play the original because the remake is complete garbage.

kennah

Legend of Dungeon is flash sale for $1.50 right now - has cards that are worth .10 - .15 each, so the game is under a buck in reality :p

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
ok GAF ive decided starting tommorrow to finally take the plunge on Doctor Who and see what the fuss is about
is starting with the 2005 series a good idea
dont wanna scour the internet for episodes if i dont have too

Yeah just start with 2005. They make plenty of references to the older series for longtime fans but anything that you'd need to know to enjoy the series will be explained. Also don't take it too seriously. The writers break their own world rules pretty much every episode.

Guys, does Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, contain the vanilla DR2 as well? The store page isn't really clear, it sounds more like an expansion rather than the full game with extra stuff.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Guys, does Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, contain the vanilla DR2 as well? The store page isn't really clear, it sounds more like an expansion rather than the full game with extra stuff.

No vanilla DR2 included. Just the original game where the main character is replaced by Frank, a whole new area, couple new bosses, and new twists to the story.

Li Kao

Ah lol, I thought you just removed the other parameters in my URL but you changed in completely :-D
Well, I really like the original X-Com, played it a shit load of hours in the 90s, back in the days where you only had one or two games a year. A 1:1 Remake with better graphics would have been my favorite as well but I think Firaxis did a very good job considering. They improved some things that weren't as good in the original, but they also made some thing too simple. But it's not one of those remakes where you have to play the original because the remake is complete garbage.

Oh, totally ! I don't really like the new one, it just... yeah, it bores me. It's not what I wanted from a recreation of the game. But at the same time I can totally understand that the new version is its own game and that it can be a blast for other people.
My fix was a light-hearted joke more than anything ;-)

Edit - Speaking of which : I have a DRM-free version of the original collection, and I'm enough of an addict to plan to re-buy it from steam. Since I decided that, the damn thing never went below 50%

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

It does not. Off The Record is rather a Conversion of the game with additions added to it such as a new area, additional armours, new zombies, and a free reign mode for various challenges and zombie killing with no time limit.

In addition it tells a what-if story where the character of Dead Rising 1 explains what it would have been like had he been there during the events of Dead Rising 2 (normal edition) and the main driving force of the story instead of it's main character. Which is weird, as he makes himself out to be a has-been joke of a man messing up.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Still four Uplay keys for PoP Forgotten Sands available here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=94354810&highlight=#post94354810
One of my favorite games this gen. One could say it looks a bit too much like the sands of time, but it's without TSoT's terrible camera, annoying Farah and with an even more incredible sense of movement. Especially later on, almost feels like a rhytm game.
It does miss it's atmosphere, though.

Anyway, awesome giveaway and everyone who takes it is in for a treat! :)

Ensirius

I'm celebrating my Member status with a (very small) giveaway. This is my first giveaway and it is very lacking, I hope I will be able to improve these as time goes on. Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Life 2 -- MB-399EAF1EAFFB6E59 - Taken by Jmanunknown
Dreamfall -- MB-8031BD7D2688BE31 - Taken by derExperte

Let me know if something goes wrong guys.

Yozi

Neo Member
Longtime lurker trying out ModBot here.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-B8C7D4208C1F4AAD - Taken by fozzy. 5 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-AD65863D297F9AFE - Taken by dxhc99. 7 entrants total.

t1387797629z1.png

derExperte

I'm celebrating my Member status with a (very small) giveaway. This is my first giveaway and it is very lacking, I hope I will be able to improve these as time goes on. Enjoy

Let me know if something goes wrong guys.

Thx for the giveaway, Longest Journey was great all these years ago but I never got around to Dreamfall. Unfortunately clicking the link leads to a "already redeemed" message. Gonna put it on my wishlist so I don't forget that it exists but damn, not even a tiny discount?

C4rter

Edit - Speaking of which : I have a DRM-free version of the original collection, and I'm enough of an addict to plan to re-buy it from steam. Since I decided that, the damn thing never went below 50%

I have a CD from the Original and Terror from the Deep as well, but I updated years ago to the Steam Versions.
But they were not that well adjusted to work with Dosbox, had to make some changes myself I remember. And I think the Original ran fine and way more smoothly without Dosbox at all, just with this Patch/Fix that is floating around.
And I payed good money for it, nothing less than 11,24€ in 2008.

Ensirius

Thx for the giveaway, Longest Journey was great all these years ago but I never got around to Dreamfall. Unfortunately clicking the link leads to a "already redeemed" message. Gonna put it on my wishlist but damn, not even a tiny discount?

Damnit, PM me your Steam name

Lain

Same could be said for the others? Haven't both been in bundles and they're also cheap?

Q.U.B.E. is available right now for 1$ with another game on on Groupees. Paranautical Activity is a game still in beta form. To me that leaves Machinarium as the only good choice to vote on.

Divius

Yeah it only makes a few cents difference, guess I will unpack and hope for a foil
lol ive never gotten a foil

*unpacks*

nope.jpg

Dingotech

Q.U.B.E. is available right now for 1$ with another game on on Groupees. Paranautical Activity is a game still in beta form. To me that leaves Machinarium as the only good choice to vote on.

I already own Machinarium, I'd probably vote for it otherwise.

I'm going to be a cheap arse and not buy Paranautical Activity unless it wins.

FloatOn

If I'm not mistaken sir you are being hunted was half off on a midweek sale not too long ago so this 40% off is really disappointing. I should have jumped on it when it was half off....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom