• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

So I still have a gift copy of HL2 in my inventory but being from Germany I'm not sure if the game is uncut. Doesn't say DE or anything like that, is there a way to find out?

Arthea

I think I''m more or less done with this sale (><)

izoDzbEpPSQ1K.png

I got one rare item from snow globe crafting and that was cheap. Oh well, back to real games.

derExperte

damn, five post minimum... don't want to just spam

Honestly I wouldn't care if you quickly hammered out a few useless posts to get a key. Also you have Iron Brigade on top of your wishlist, that's always a plus. I just wish they would remove GFWL, the mp is pretty much broken because of that.

pahamrick

I think Kotor 2 only fairly recently got on Steam. I remember Kotor being on sale all the time during various sales but we've only recently gotten Kotor 2.

It has been 2.49 before though. I got Kotor 1 & 2 during a steam sale last year or the year before for $5.

Wok

I think I''m more or less done with this sale (><)

izoDzbEpPSQ1K.png

I got one rare item from snow globe crafting and that was cheap. Oh well, back to real games.

Same with me, crafting badges to get Dota 2 items is a waste. I feel like Steam is not following the right path with all these meta-games which involve real money. It was a winter sale during which you got stuff by playing games.

Li Kao

Whelp, there is a shit ton of Christmas items and all I got for my first snowglobe is the Santa hat for Ragnarok 2. Est. price 0.02€

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Honestly I wouldn't care if you quickly hammered out a few useless posts to get a key. Also you have Iron Brigade on top of your wishlist, that's always a plus. I just wish they would remove GFWL, the mp is pretty much broken because of that.

I was just about to ask about Iron Brigade in this thread lol :)

it's not available in my region. Is it on sale? maybe I'll paypal a fellow Gaffer to gift it to me

edit: also, is Uplay a separate client like Origin?

milena87

Anybody played Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia? How they compare to Deponia?

I haven't played Goodbye Deponia yet (I just bought it), but I really enjoyed Chaos on Deponia: I think it improved on the first game, maybe the last part wasn't as good as the last part of Deponia, but the rest is really solid.
I would recommend it to anyone who like point & click adventure games.

derExperte

it's not available in my region. Is it on sale? maybe I'll paypal a fellow Gaffer to gift it to me

75% off for 3,49&#8364; here. I could buy it for you if it's not massively cheaper elsewhere. Add me on Steam (see profile) if interested.

Ganzor

edit: also, is Uplay a separate client like Origin?

Iron Brigade is 75% off coming to 3.5 euro in my region
Edit: too slow :p

Arthea

Same with me, crafting badges to get Dota 2 items is a waste. I feel like Steam is not following the right path with all these meta-games which involve real money. It was a winter sale during which you got stuff by playing games.

That's how I feel, I would prefer that metagames were at least somewhat fun besides being costly.
Also I need to stress that adding untradable items as prizes, is not good idea, to put it mildly.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Jumped the gun on Euro Truck Sim 2, but managed to get €1.50 off through selling old cards, then got a foil for purchasing and sold that to get me another €1.90.

Arthea

I haven't played Goodbye Deponia yet (I just bought it), but I really enjoyed Chaos on Deponia: I think it improved on the first game, maybe the last part wasn't as good as the last part of Deponia, but the rest is really solid.
I would recommend it to anyone who like point & click adventure games.

Thanks! I still need to finish Deponia, and even being frustrating at times as it is, I liked it, might get Chaos, will wait for encore sale, though, as I'm afraid for my Xmas budget somewhat.
Wait... terrible thought occurred to me! Flash sales are part of encore sale or only dailies? Can't remember (><)

oipic

Still four Uplay keys for PoP Forgotten Sands available here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=94354810&highlight=#post94354810

Thanks very much, derExperte - cheers! Have been meaning (and hoping) to pick this up on Steam for ages, but Uplay, I play, we all play - this'll do very nicely, thank you.

I scrolled past your original post about this several hours after you'd posted it, and had made the assumption they were all gone, and that ModBot hadn't yet caught up or something... so very happy to see (and have it politely pointed out) that there were still some left.

(all gone now)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I still have a gift copy of HL2 in my inventory but being from Germany I'm not sure if the game is uncut. Doesn't say DE or anything like that, is there a way to find out?

It'll only be censored if the game is played from a German IP address.

Dr Dogg

A common theme I've been noticing with my purchasing habits the last couple of Steam sales is that I'm buying mainly dlc with only a new game or 2. At this rate my dlc count is closing in on my game count. Must be all the new bundles we've been having in recent years.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of Far Cry 3, it starting to run with all sorts of graphical bugs all of a sudden for me. Invisible water (makes killing / skinning sharks easy at least), big blue bars in the distance, lighting inside and outside locations all messed up... no idea whats wrong, it was running fine a few days ago last time I played

Dingotech

I concur with the discussion about Iron Brigade being ruined by GFWL!

I was so pumped to play that game I bought a 4 pack with my mates, but the damn game is deadset broken in multiplayer, half the time it doesn't connect, then sometimes the buttons don't work, and then mid game it drops out.

Piece of junk.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I concur with the discussion about Iron Brigade being ruined by GFWL!

I was so pumped to play that game I bought a 4 pack with my mates, but the damn game is deadset broken in multiplayer, half the time it doesn't connect, then sometimes the buttons don't work, and then mid game it drops out.

Piece of junk.

has anyone spoken to doublefine about it?

I imagine they are aware that GFWL is going down soon

hohoXD123

Someone say giveaway?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Q.U.B.E -- MB-C71B24388BB0758C - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 2 entrants total.

t1387717214z1.png

Ensirius

Just bought Super Hexagon on the Humble Store only to notice it's not a Steam key

Well, it was only 0.59

EDIT: Actually forget it. It IS available for steam. Thanks gngf123

The_Monk

Goodmorning GAF, did I miss anything?

Voted for Proteus.

inb4 Monk wakes up

Today I got my Coffee later than you it seems. But that's because I've been fixing my sleep schedule. By the way, guess who was watching the Credits of Dark Souls yesterday? :D

Here's hoping for some nice deals today. I need something not too much expensive to grab! This wallet-managing is not easy, going to skip AoE II HD so I can have more for the upcoming days. Hope I do not regret it. :)

gngf123

Just bought Super Hexagon on the Humble Store only to notice it's not a Steam key

Well, it was only 0.59
It should be, it has the Steam logo.

Go on your page, you should see a link to view the steam key at the very top. They offer DRM free copies as well, but that's not the only download option.

Nibel

Steam-Brahs and Brah-settes, quick question:

I pre-ordered Rising on day one yet didn't receive any cards for it - is there a way to acquire those missed cards?

oipic

You wouldn't happen to have a guide to activating the serial keys on uplay would you?

Assuming you already have the Uplay client downloaded and installed, you should find an 'Activate Product' option hiding (unintuitively) in its settings menu (the gear icon in the top-right corner).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Steam-Brahs and Brah-settes, quick question:

I pre-ordered Rising on day one yet didn't receive any cards for it - is there a way to acquire those missed cards?

Preorders don't get cards, as the text warned you before you hit the purchase button. They had to do this as you could preorder, get the cards then cancel your preorder for a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom